I Can't Wait For the Off-Season...I think

It's been one heck of a hot summer and because of the all the 50th stuff still lurking about, Disneyland has been beyond crowded, even on weekdays, the days that everyone suggests going on. This year's off-season...

PROS
    1. Will finally see the ending of the celebration.
    2. We will once again see the beautiful Rivers of America VACANT at nighttime, which also means nightly cruises aboard the Mark Twain Riverboat
    3. The children will be in school; hopefully this year parents will actually make their kids stay in school at least till the end of October, unlike last year.

CONS
    1. My favorite attraction, the Matterhorn Bobsleds, will be down, unfortunately.
    2. Although I like Haunted Mansion Holiday, it's kind of a bummer that they are doing it again this year, just months after they put in cool new affects.
    3. High School Musical is being performed in Disney's California Adventure. I really didn't find it all that impressive and I'm tired of seeing that ugly boy on every cover of every teen/kid magazine. Sorry for the language.
    4. Last year, even in mid-September, there were hundreds of teens and little children at Disneyland during the weekdays. What school has field trips in the very beginning of the school year to allow going to Disneyland? Isn't school important anymore?

What prompted this post was my last trip to Disneyland on Tuesday 8/8. I came in to the check point/Security Checks and long lines just to get into the Esplanade. I almost never carry any bags with me, so it's stupid that I have to wait in that long line only to walk right through. I want to walk up to the exit and just say I didn't have any bags, but paranoid me, I didn't want to risk losing my spot and be sent to wait again. Then, both lines to get inside the parks were long, Disneyland nearly to the center, California Adventure getting there. Of course, the line I chose was the one with the slow Cast Member, but I don't blame her, the guests were having trouble with their tickets and they were playing 20 Questions. I figured out that that the park was obviously busy, but my main goal this trip was to ride Matterhorn Bobsleds, for fear I wouldn't be back in time before it closed. The line for that ride was really long and it actually went slowly, usually not the case for this attraction. I didn't even want to look at Space Mountain's line. Gosh I wish they had Single Rider for that, but people would probably abuse it. Speaking about SR, I tried for Splash Mountain, but that Single Rider line was all the way to the Picture Gallery. All the people in the line were people just trying to cheat there way out of the stand-by, granted so was I, but the other people were in groups of 3 or more, I was literally by myself. I gave up on Splash Mountain. Even Winnie the Pooh had a line (********Please Don't Bash*******). And what is it with people and using the walkways as their trash can? There's literally a trash can every 12 feet, is it really that hard? And what is it with people and smoking outside of Smoking Areas? On Main Street, I'd MUCH rather smell the pastries and ice cream than that digusting smell (No offense), I'd rather have my lungs clean than damaged by second-hand smoke.

As you can see, I can't wait to see the off-season, less people, and it will (hopefully) cool down.

Sorry for the long post...

• The Twilight Zone

Re: I Can't Wait For the Off-Season...I think

i agree with you

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace
    4. Last year, even in mid-September, there were hundreds of teens and little children at Disneyland during the weekdays. What school has field trips in the very beginning of the school year to allow going to Disneyland? Isn't school important anymore?
    Oftentimes large groups of preteens come to the park, yes even in September, to perform, as a part of Disney Magic Music Days. Be it orchestras, dance teams, cheerleading, marching bands, colorguards, even baton twirlers, I've seen 'em all. To answer that last qu., sure school is important, but so are all those other things that happen to be in the school curriculum, and it's an honor for the school and the students to be invited to the park.

As for little children...that must be the work of preschools and daycare.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I thought off season would be nice last year. Boy was I wrong! Sundays are usually the only days I can get to the parks and they were way worse after Labor Day. So, with any luck, this year wont be as bad as last <fingers crossed>

It will be SO nice to have it a little less crowded and since it has been such a strangely hot summer I am really looking forward to cooler temperatures. That alone will put most people in a better mood. The seasonal decor is nice too.