Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

08/10/06 Fireworks Cancelled - Guest Reactions Video

Unfortunately once again the fireworks were cancelled last night. It seems they've been cancelled all but 2-3 days in the past 2 weeks. It's so interesting that the reactions is always the same. 'Awwwww's followed by Boo'ing and then a major stampede towards City Hall and the Park Exit. So I decided to have some fun and make the best of the situation by getting footage of the impending disaster while making sure CrazyLegs was safe and sound in the Disneyana store.

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZNBGBgxl0
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Re: 08/10/06 Fireworks Cancelled - Guest Reactions Video

Wait, who was filming and speaking?

I think it's stupid to get that upset and go to City Hall and complain. What are the Cast Members supposed to do. "Oh, because of your complaint, we are going to risk everyone's safety and go on with the show. Thank you for your complaint, we might've kept the show dark if you hadn't said anything."

Stupid.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Looks like the usual murder, madness and mayhem that follows a fireworks show, whether they cancel it or not...

Where's the pillaging, the guests chasing the CM's while carrying torches, or the throwing of molatov cocktails (that I expected to see)??? LOL

Good sighting of the "plaid", too. They looked like they wanted to get the heck outta there!

Thanks for the video (and risking life and limb filming it)!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

The goofy winds are to blame for the cancellations...lately they've been picking up at various times....last night they happened to pick up after the show started.

Its not anything TBTP at DL can control. It's unfortunate, but a fact of life here in dry, ignitable Southern California.
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Wonderful World

haha thanks for the video. Its even better when they announce they might cancel it then they end up dont cancelling it. The crowd cheers as if a team won a championship
    I'm back MiceChat

• Know More Than You Should

The thing I noticed the last few times I was at DL is that they seem to say the "Due to Winds ... tonights showing of ... may be cancelled" just in case, so people are warned a little in advance. I think the problem is that its hard for people to visualize the fact that what are essentially small bombs flying up in the air that could be blown to the side and cause a fire is not a risk anyone wants to take.

Thanks for the video! I have a similar video from last november when the fireworks were cancelled, but at least then they still did the snow on Main Street.

Anyone who was even within ten miles of the firestorm here in SoCal two years ago would likely appreciate the caution with which DL is approaching the fireworks situation. I hope the people pictured in this video -- as well as those who view it -- understand that it is far better to cancel a fireworks show than to destroy someone's home (or parts of Disneyland, for that matter), and that when it comes down to it, being unable to see some fireworks is simply an inconvenience. Losing your home is life-altering. Act accordingly.

• Loves Disney

ON 8/9/06 The Due to wind annoucement was played before the show then there was the delayed annoucement and to my surprise seeing I was watching the weather ballon go everywhere the 2nd launch. They actually tired to run the show. The show reached about to the Haunted Mansion scene and then stopped and canceled the rest of the show which made some quest very angry. My small group didn't really mind seeing we have seen it about 10 times and probably be back to the park in a week or so. Main reason I enjoy my Annual Pass.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

The Plaid... THE PLAID!

• Happy Memories

Didn't seem very "stampede" like or crazy to me. Just looked like crowds walking through the park as they would be at any other time.

• Princess of my own world

Awesome video Sadako! I remember going to Disneyland my family used to be part of the stampede until we found out the park was still open. We then moved to safety in Adventureland then New Orleans Square to ride pirates 5 times.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Banned User

Angry Re: 08/10/06 Fireworks Cancelled - Guest Reactions Video

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLoon
    ON 8/9/06 The Due to wind annoucement was played before the show then there was the delayed annoucement and to my surprise seeing I was watching the weather ballon go everywhere the 2nd launch. They actually tired to run the show. The show reached about to the Haunted Mansion scene and then stopped and canceled the rest of the show which made some quest very angry. My small group didn't really mind seeing we have seen it about 10 times and probably be back to the park in a week or so. Main reason I enjoy my Annual Pass.

WOW! What a small world this is because I was there too! I made a long mad rush from DCA after seeing Disney's Electrical Parade in hopes in seeing the fireworks (I watched the parade at Paradise Pier!) I figured it would be a minor delay due to Fantasmic so it didn't faze me a bit waiting to get into DL but the lines, so my friend and I waited by the DCA gates to see them. However, a Cast Member informed my friend and I that the fireworks were cancelled so we decided to go back into DL anyway. Lo and behold, after we told a guest that the fireworks were indeed cancelled, we saw the lights on the Main Street Train Station dim to only mean that they were starting the show anyway! We made it to Town Square to see what we could (right at Walt's dedication speech/Tinkerbell's flight) and watched from there until the said Haunted Mansion part. I was angry about it and caught the whole thing on videotape but then, minutes later I started cracking up and thought about the audio people adding the Losing Horns cue from the Price is Right to the spiel. Seriously, I was VERY disappointed that I didn't get to see the show from Town Square and that they would actually start the show only to stop midway but in a way, it's not too bad since I have seen the show at the Castle. Well....that's showbiz, I guess!

• Say no to Assimilation

I thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    Didn't seem very "stampede" like or crazy to me. Just looked like crowds walking through the park as they would be at any other time.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Banned User

I really don't see a lot of stampeding, but more like just a lot of disappointed folks.

Thanks for the video though

The Castle at night - in what looks to be purple - is absolutely beautiful.

• Delawarean Girl

I am happy to be seeing that Crazy Legs was safe and to the one that was doing the filming and speaking.

There was a booing experence while I was a guest at Disney World a few years back. Though in this story the fireworks show did go on. But it started a little late and then you hear rewinding sounds coming out of the speaker. Then people started to boo and one guy started yelling "remember what to put down in the comment box' or something like that. I guess they just didn't like that they were really listening to a soundtrack.

I thought it was a awesome show myself when it went on. It was that Fantasy in the Sky one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast