Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fast Passes are the new Ticket Books

In the olden days of Disneyland we had to plan and budget our tickets. Today we budget our time and the availability of Fast Passes. Was one era better than the other?

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Fast Passes are the new Ticket Books

Yes, it was.
    However, that era probably could not work today.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• FastPass n00b

Any era without FastPass is a better era.

On paper it works flawlessly, but in practice it has many problems associated with it.

• ...TWO BITS!

Interesting comparision.

Again with FP haters...??

Disney just needs to know how to use FP more wisely. I could help! *WAVES HAND FURIOUSLY*

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Silent Lucidity

Fast Passes Rule!

• The Fantasyland guy

there are some times when FP actully ruined attractions.

take POTC for example: When POTC had FP, the standby line was 25+ minutes at night around 8 PM when all the locals showed up becuase all the day guests had FP's and felt like they had o go durning the time on the pass.

Before FP, POTC was a walk on attraction at, lets say 8 pm.

So lets look at this: You gave up a walk on attraction for everyone, to make a walk on for a few people who had FP's? Why not make the attraction a walk on for everyone and not limit your audience?

thats why the machines are no longer there.

of course, my example does not apply to todays lines due to the new version of the attraction.

now with all that said, I like FP's. I just dont think they should be on every ride. They work well on Space, ect. ( I think they should be added to NEMO eventully. but I dont think many others share that with me.)

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Yes.....A-E ticket era was much better.

1)More attractions-such as Skyway, Peoplemover, Keel Boats, Motor Boats, etc. This was due to the fact that every attraction was bringing in money. With pay one price its easy for Disney to drop some of the less popular attractions without loss of revenue.

2)Some of the more popular non-fp attractions(Matterhorn, Peter Pan) have longer waits because their lines are filled with fp-holders who are basically in two lines at the same time.

3)Clogged pathways and a quicker, hurried pace is the norm now but back in the A-E ticket days things were more laid back and relaxing.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

how did the ticket booths worked?

y has fast passes ruined everything in ur opinion?

and i still dont understand the pirates thing...how fps made the line long....

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The ticket books were a packet of 8 - 15 tickets that one could purchase. A guest would pay a small admission fee then use the tickets(either from their books or bought individually at booths thru-out the park) to gain entry into Disneylands attractions.

Each attraction was catogorized: A tickets(sleeping beauty walkthru, Main st. vehicles) B tickets(Main St. Cinema, Swiss Family Treehouse) C tickets(most FL rides, Keel boats, etc) D tickets(Disneyland RR, Skyway, Mark Twain, etc) and E tickets(Space Mt., Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise, Subs, Monorail, Enchanted Tiki Room, etc) and free attractions were available too such as Mr. Lincoln and Circlevision
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by belleariel412
    how did the ticket booths worked?
    You bought tickets for the rides. Tickets were labeled A, B, C, D and E. You paid a modest fee to enter DL, but rides required tickets. The best rides required E -Tickets, the lamest (I mean the simplest) would require an A ticket.

You could buy single tickets, or multiple tickets in a booklet (at a modest discount). If you ran out there were ticket booths inside the park.

At the end of the day most people had A and B tickets left over. I remember my mom having a stack of them in her desk.

Having experienced both "eras", fastpass is definitely better than tickets. If you go to the park when it opens and use fastpass, you can visit every attraction at least once (on most days) and in some cases twice. In the days of tickets, you could get there when the park opened and you were limited on the number of rides you could visit. It wasn't nearly as much fun when you had to decide between riding the Submarine Voyage or Pirates of the Caribbean because you had a limited number of E tickets. You always had the option to purchase additional tickets, but that cost could add up quick. Now you can do as much or as little as you want for one price. Standby lines are longer for some attractions, but that in and of itself doesn't make fastpass bad.

I do feel, however, that fastpass should not be offered on Nemo. The subs are notoriously slow loaders and fastpass would make the standby lines a complete nightmare. However, should Disney decide to offer it, I will definitely use it.

• no flash photography...

the ticket books sucked. I love fast passes....but my favorite time at the park was when they still had ticket books or you could buy the day pass. Thatw as cool...probably because I had the day pass...

I can't believe that anybody would want to have a ticket for each individual attraction. I love fastpass. I don't understand why you wouldn't love them. I will never wait in the standby line for Space Mountain, Indy, or Splash Mountain. Fastpass or nothing on those.

• Inhospitable about happy

I'm old. I was there. Tickets stunk.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

What was an A ticket attraction? Can anyone give me an example of each letter ticket? Thanks!!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast