Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sad Thursday 8-10, Breakdowns all day long all E-Tickets.

Ok, I was at the park yesterday and broke down and had to be evacuated on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Mattherhorn and California Screaming. 5 Breakdowns and 3 evacuations! Now I have been going to the park for years and NEVER had experienced this many breakdowns and evacuations in one day. What the heck was happening yesterday at Dland? What a sad day for out of state tourists to endure such long lines and constant breakdowns PLUS fireworks Cancelation. Very sad. I hope there is a good reason.
    Last edited by CAspace; 08-11-2006 at 12:36 PM.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Thursday 8-10, Breakdowns all day long all E-Tickets.

Darn for all the years I've been going, still never been walked off a ride yet. Only once a breakdown on Pirates, but 30 minute later we were on our way.....NOT FAIR!!! Yes, I'm one of those!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I gotta tell you it was the strangest day at Dland in all my life.
    Saw so much of the backstage and got to ride SpaceMountain with the lights on.
    For me a long time patron of the park it was not the end of the world although for many of the tourists guests around me to break down on so many rides over and over again, it was pretty sad to put off such a poor show of our beloved park. Does anyone have any insight onto what the heck was going on Thursday the 10th of August 06?

• Premium Youngling and

The only rides that have broken down when I was on was POTC (which is like everytime I go on it) and then Space Mt. and I got evacuated off of that one. They never evacuate off of Pirates unless they absolutely have to. Believe me, Pirates is probably my favorite rides at DL but when you listen to the chorus of Yo Ho for 30 minutes with a screaming baby next to you, you basically want to shoot yourself.

• I'm not really here

I have only broken down on the monorail.

My wife has broken down on Space Mt and had to be pushed through the lower half of the ride by a CM.
    She's broken down on Indy, Splash (right at the top of the final hill), Mr. Toad and Alice. (She's been a lot more than me)

I would love to breakdown on HM, Space, Splash, Indy, Matterhorn... anything really.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Popular Princess

i had a similar experience 2 weeks ago. i only got stuck on one ride and wasn't evacuated (although i was there for a good 45 minutes), but in one day i saw space mountain, splash mountain, indiana jones, and potc break down. it was horrible. in fact, indiana jones was up and down all day that day. it would open for a few hours then wind up closing again. same thing with potc. california screamin had a little trouble, but we didn't spend a lot of time at dca so i really don't know. i saw it broken down at least once. i'm really beginning to wonder what's going on lately because many of the same rides keep breaking down almost daily and some more than once in one day.

as for the fireworks, at any sign of wind, they appear to cancel the fireworks. i guess they don't want the wind blowing hot embers onto buildings and setting them on fire, or at least that's the explanation that i've heard.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Well I guess for the Dland fans I had a great day since I broke down on almost every E-Ticket, I would have rather won the lotto if that was due to luck IMHO . For the average tourist it was a terrible day.

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1
    Believe me, Pirates is probably my favorite rides at DL but when you listen to the chorus of Yo Ho for 30 minutes with a screaming baby next to you, you basically want to shoot yourself.
    i so totally agree!!! we broke down on there once when i was with my aunt, uncle, and cousin who was almost one at the time. we sat there for a good 30 minutes listening to the auctioneer's spiel. that got really old really fast. then my uncle proceeds to pick my cousin up and make her kick me in the back. talk about wanting to get out of there!!!

then, the last time we went on the pirates on our recent trip, we broke down and were stuck by the hurricane scene for close to 45 minutes. i hate thunder and lightening to begin with so you can imagine how freaked out i was after 45 minutes. plus we could hear the waterfalls and you can imagine how hard it is to listen to running water for 45 minutes. i'm not usually claustrophobic, but after 45 minutes, i was ready to run screaming from the ride!

The only ride I got stuck/evacuated on was Mulholland Madness at DCA. And being stuck on the very top with the SoCal sun beating down on you is not very pleasant...

•   

Did maintenance leave with Matt???????
    What's going on???????

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri
    Did maintenance leave with Matt???????
    What's going on???????
    Problay. I have only been on one ride when it went down and it was Indy, It was right at the station when it went down. I would love to be on Space when it goes down, just to see what it looks like from the inside.

•   

Does seeing behind the scenes ever ruin a ride for you guys????
    I've only been on one ride that needed to be evacuated and that was Pooh......

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

How often does Haunted Mansion, Soarin, Muppet Vision, & Tower of Terror Break down? I am going to DL next week and I really want to ride those! .

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace
    Ok, I was at the park yesterday and broke down and had to be evacuated on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Mattherhorn and California Screaming. 5 Breakdowns and 3 evacuations! Now I have been going to the park for years and NEVER had experienced this many breakdowns and evacuations in one day. What the heck was happening yesterday at Dland? What a sad day for out of state tourists to endure such long lines and constant breakdowns PLUS fireworks Cancelation. Very sad. I hope there is a good reason.

Are you sure they were unscheduled breakdowns or ........Last minute safety precuations. They could have easily decided to one by one evacuate the attractions to do a quick search for safety reasons.

Maybe it had something to do with the tourist plot to blow up several planes. Remember Disneyland was on the top ten locations for possible terrorist target. Hopefully that wasn't the case.

Could you imagine if they start making the no liquid or gel rule as you enter the park.

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo
    Maybe it had something to do with the tourist plot to blow up several planes.
    tourist plot?

in all seriousness, you could be right. i hadn't thought of that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast