Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 8/10: New turnstyle screens, Halloween, new art/merch, +MORE

It's been a LONG time but I'm finally back with another update. Not much going on but here are some pics:

NEW MAIN GATE SCREENS
    There was a group of people working on the new entry gate screen at DCA yesterday afternoon

BEATING THE HEAT
    I guess Grizzly River Run was in high demand yesterday- the ropes for the extended queue was out and it was very extended.

HALLOWEEN SHOWCASE
    As you all know, the Disney Showcase store has been switched from the one-stop 50th Anniversary store to the one-stop Disney Hallowe'en store.

CROWDS!
    For the most part, the crowds seemed to be light around the resort - until you hit New Orleans Square. Crowds for Fantasmic!, plus an extended queue for Pirates created a huge bottleneck and frustrating crowd control problems.

These signs arent entirely new, but they've added these new signs around the hub to help with crowd control. They're placed strategically around the entire hub, helping Cast Members direct traffic.

DUMBO "DANGLERS" STILL MIA
    The "danglers" a MiceChatter spotted missing a while back on these boards are still M-I-A. I wonder whats up with that?

...AND SOME NEW MERCH AT DISNEYANA..

A really cool new sculpture of the skeleton helmsman from Pirates of the Caribbean is coming soon... but is it worth the $299 price tag?

All of the leftover merch from the "Moonlit Voyage" Pirates merchandise event has been dumped at Disneyana. And unfortunately, the merch isn't any better than the pictures of it that were posted on the DisneyGallery.com website a while back. The Aucitoneer & Red Head figurine is really just... ugly.

And lastly, theres a new Tinker Bell shadowbox that prices in at $85. If I was a Tink fan, I'd've bought this piece in a heartbeat. Aside from being another one of Dave's intricate, detailed artworks, it is complete with a really cool animated pixie star field behind it. The fiber optics move around in a whimsical motion over to the little lamp representing "i" in "Tinker" and lights up the lamp. Then swirls around some more. Its really really cool. Tinker Bell fans - check this piece out!

...Alright.. that's it... hope you enjoyed the update!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Neep meep beep

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/10: New turnstyle screens, Halloween, new art/merch, +MORE

Oh yes, you are back! And great pictures. Where's the Club 33 pics?

Thank you for another great update!

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! I guess tonight I'll have to do some Halloween shopping at Disney Showcase. Oh darn!

• Popular Princess

nice pictures! i've gotten my daily DL fix for the day and i feel better! thanx for sharing and making my day even more special!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Thanks for the photos, it's always like a mini trip when people share their pictures. I love the Halloween store and the Tink shadow box.
    Michelle

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Oh yes, you are back! And great pictures. Where's the Club 33 pics?

Thank you for another great update!
    The Club 33 pictures are on my computer... just waiting to be resized and posted... but I've just been wayyy too lazy. haha.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

That was a great little report. Good JOb!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing

• I Love Disneyland!!

You always get the best perspective in your pictures! Awesome update!! You rock!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Senior Minion

Cool Report Thanks. Apparently there are certain rare metals that will be in the Skeelton Figurine. It will have some Titanium(one rare metal) in the some of the bones and steering wheel, possibly more.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Cool Report Thanks. Apparently there are certain rare metals that will be in the Skeelton Figurine. It will have some Titanium(one rare metal) in the some of the bones and steering wheel, possibly more.
    Very interesting... thanks for the info.
    Why, though, are these rare metals part of the figurine? What is the purpose of these rare metals in this figurine? Weird.

• Wish I was in WDW..

ty for the update Master!

-Nikki

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Always grateful to see the latest pictures from the resort.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Nice update, thanks for sharing the pics. It's good to get my "fix" vicariously like that. But can I just say, I think all that Halloween stuff out now is atrocious! It's summer, and we don't need any pumpkins and Fall colors messing things up right now -- save it until October, late September at the earliest!

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Thanks! Awesome pictures!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast