Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traditions

• I'm not really here

Traditions

Does anyone have any Disneyland traditions? Something you always do no matter what when you go to the park? A first ride? Or a last ride? Do you have to ride things in the same order? Always eat at a certain restaurant?

Something that if you don't do it, it just doesn't feel like a DL trip to you?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Re: Traditions

The funny thing about that question is that before this summer I would have said we always go through the left tunnel but, it has been so hot and so crowded that after we have waited and waited to enter, and you are pressed in with lots of cranky people, displaying some truly questionable parenting , that we now usually go through whichever tunnel our linemates DON'T use.

• Lost in Wonderland

It's tradition in my family to go on Splash Mountain first-- and if I don't start my day like that, then I feel all weird.

Also its tradition between my friends and I to get a 4:20 reservation at Blue Bayou because we're dorks.

• Popular Princess

whenever we go to disneyland, we have a competition to see who can see the matterhorn first. it is so much fun and something that my family has been doing since before i was born.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• A Pirate's life for me!

Our trips coincide with one of the kids birthdays, so we let the b-day child pick which ride to go on first and which one to go on last before we leave to head home.

We always enjoy a meal at both Goofy's Kitchen and the Blue Bayou each trip as well.

And of course, no trip is complete without a churro, dole whip and pineapple wedge (just not at the same time).

The rest is usually played out as we see fit. One step at a time...

Enjoy!

•   

My tradition is to want to get there when it opens but we don't get there until 2 or 3 or even 4 hours later because my wife takes forever to get ready and it takes long for us to get the kids stuff ready.............
    You'd think we'd learn by now!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

My tradition is to go once every 3 to 18 years
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• The Fantasyland guy

My tradition is not an "every visit to the park" tradition. I go every year on July 17th, and ride every ride that is as old as the park!

Last year I called it "the 50 on 50." I got every ride in by 1:40 PM! (and that includes waiting in line for "The pin." )

This year I started late, so I got to everything but main street vehicles. It's not that hard, there are only like 14 original attractions left.

• is on the rocks

Well,

The original tradition was just to go - my parents would take me once a year, for my birthday.

My current tradition is that I have to have a corndog from the cart just off Main Street.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I haven't been to Disneyland enough times to have a tradition. However, I have developed a walking down Main Street tradition, and that is to take a picture of the clock. I began this at WDW, after the first time, that I was there. Last year, when I went to Disneyland, I noticed the clock is on the opposite side of the street, from WDW. I take a picture of it on the first day that I walk down Main Street, and I also take a picture of it any morning that I am there early to ride the rides in Fantasyland. Also, I always ride Dumbo on early mornings first.

When we visited Disneyland last year, the first thing we did was ride the train around the park. We are hoping to do that again.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri
    My tradition is to want to get there when it opens but we don't get there until 2 or 3 or even 4 hours later because my wife takes forever to get ready and it takes long for us to get the kids stuff ready.............
    You must have married my ex-girlfriend.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

My wife and I have always enjoyed Disney. We went to DL many times dating and never had a tradition, but when we got married we did a Disney wedding (no not at a Disney Park unfortunetly.) However we did honeymoon at WDW for 8 days (first time, and only time for both of us) so it has become out tradition to go to DL for our anniversary every year. We just got home yesterday from our 8th anniversary and will be back again next year (plus more since we got AP's this time.) We are planning to go back to WDW for our 10th and then right to DL afterwards.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Minion

My tradition is to cry. For whatever reason(mostly touched by a show, parade or fireworks). I'M A SAP!!!!!

My wife makes a mad dash towards Indiana Jones Adventure. We run into it so fast I don't think we've ever seen the special effects of the que (still hoping to see Eeyor, sorry about the spelling, and that stick thing in the corridor. My rule is always eat a corn dog by the photoshop. Those are the best.
    Spoiler
    BURP!

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri
    You are certainly not the only one with that problem.
    Spoiler
    BURP!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast