Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

Even more problems with Indiana Jones Adventure - Chamber of Destiny is now Broken

I am truly saddened to say that the condition of this ride is getting worse by the day. As much as I love it and I'd miss it, it really needs to go down for a few days so these issues can be addressed.

First of all an update on the pole and rope. The pole is still there, but now it is fully broken. I tried various times to activate it the same way it was able to be activated last week and they failed. It's completely non-functional.

The rope is still gone and there's a possibility it may never come back as the sign that says "Do not pull rope - Fragile Artifacts being handled" has been removed

Now the part that completely caught me by suprise last night. The Chamber of Destiny itself is broken. The room with the 3 doors has no lights whatsoever. Complete Darkness. The faces of Mara are not lighting up at all. Plus the setting seems to be stuck on the left door even though the corridor itself is switching between Future, Riches and Youth. Take a look at these videos for further explanation. I didn't realize it was stuck the first time because we went through the Future room, which is in fact the left door; but in the second video, we still went through the left room even though we got the Youth room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvvA-N6MlVI - Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhlWfbV2jec - Part 2

I mentioned this to a CM I feel I trusted since I have seen her operate the ride most of my time at the park and she said she was aware that the door was stuck on the left, but she didn't know that the lights were all broken and immediately contacted who I assumed was maintenance.

This is ridiculous! With this ammount of issues it's having, they can't continue to ignore them. Let's not forget the state of the final Indy AA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ZhsY7_SPo

This has gone beyond just being bad show. I believe there are more issues I haven't addressed. In these videos you can notice Mara's eyes are non-functional in the corridor as they used to have smoke and be a lot more menacing. Now all Mara looks like she's doing is pretending to be me and flashing tourists.

I'm truly saddened... I really hope they are addressed soon...
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Re: Even more problems with Indiana Jones Adventure - Chamber of Destiny is now Broke

Shut this thing down for three months, sheesh!!! Come on Disney, you're better than this. I'm hoping that once the 50th is over that this ride will get a major rehab.

Re: Even more problems with Indiana Jones Adventure - Chamber of Destiny is now Broken

May be it's part of the "year of a million dreams." Guests will have their dreams fulfilled by riding the beloved IJA in the dark! They'll call it "Indiana Jones Adventure: Under old Management."
    It's really sad that they won't do the right thing. Guests will be mad, but now is the right time. Pirate's is open and doing great, Mansion's getting ready for the refurb, It really should have been taken down three weeks ago.
    Bring back the falling Ice, it's time to make sno-cones!
    Spoiler
    BURP!

• The Twilight Zone

Re: Even more problems with Indiana Jones Adventure - Chamber of Destiny is now Broken

arghh just close it down and fix it sorry had to let that out honest to god it needs major rehab

• Still lost in Neverland

I just have to remind you all that there is only ONE ROOM behind ONE DOOR. Only ONE door actually opens and the actual first room with the moving walls is stuck so it appears that you are always going thru the left door. But you notice that the room behind the door is cycling thru its light and sound effects, so its the Chamber of Destiny room that is stuck, the outer room, not the Chamber of Promise, which is the corridor room.

Having the lights out and this big effect stuck, is bad indeed and they need to get this fixed as soon as possible whatever it takes. I am beginning to wonder myself about just what is going on out there. This much trouble of rides breaking down all the time like this is just something that the new management must address and soon. Having this much trouble only points out the fact that someone higher up is not doing what they should be doing.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

*Shakes head* My poor poor Indy.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

What a shame, sorry you had to be the bearer of bad new Sadako. Let's just hope and pray "they" get it right and fix it.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• no flash photography...

it will get fixed...no worries.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    I just have to remind you all that there is only ONE ROOM behind ONE DOOR. Only ONE door actually opens and the actual first room with the moving walls is stuck so it appears that you are always going thru the left door. But you notice that the room behind the door is cycling thru its light and sound effects, so its the Chamber of Destiny room that is stuck, the outer room, not the Chamber of Promise, which is the corridor room.

Having the lights out and this big effect stuck, is bad indeed and they need to get this fixed as soon as possible whatever it takes. I am beginning to wonder myself about just what is going on out there. This much trouble of rides breaking down all the time like this is just something that the new management must address and soon. Having this much trouble only points out the fact that someone higher up is not doing what they should be doing.
    Wait, I'm confused. How can there only be ONE DOOR? You either enter eternal youth, unlimited wealth, or future knowledge. And then there is only ONE ROOM that shifts positions and changes colors depending on which chamber you are supposed to enter?

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    Wait, I'm confused. How can there only be ONE DOOR? You either enter eternal youth, unlimited wealth, or future knowledge. And then there is only ONE ROOM that shifts positions and changes colors depending on which chamber you are supposed to enter?
    The doors stay put, only one of them is real. The walls move around the doors. So every time you ride it, you go through the exact same door.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

They will choose................wisely.

• Minion

So sad,
    I hope to see some improvement before I get there next Sunday!
    At least the lights around Mara, it is such a great begining to the attraction. It sets the adventure tone, gets you all excited.
    Does anyone know if it is scheduled for any kind of refurb soon?
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

So true. Went to Indiana Jones a couple weeks ago... As we entered the boulder scene, the car stopped, and the boulder came closer, closer, re-set by rolling backwards, and did it again. The music kept going while the car was stuck, so the score was compleatly out of place. Then we started moving again. When we saw the final Indiana Jones AA the car stopped again. He said 3 different lines and then we moved into the unloading palce.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Re: Even more problems with Indiana Jones Adventure - Chamber of Destiny is now Broke

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590

its in another thread...it talks about how exactly the effects work.

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• ...TWO BITS!

When was the last time Indy had a minor/major refurb?? 2 years ago??

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast