Perris... sounds like Paris but without the wild parties

King Arthur Horse Names

Does anyone know all the names of the carruosel horses? Pictures too would be a great help. I want to make Christmas cross stitch ornaments of them all.
    Nemo's not in slumberland anymore!

• Minion

Re: King Arthur Horse Names

The only one I know is Jingles. She's the one with the bells. I'm pretty sure that she is also the one painted gold right now.

• Delawarean Girl

Sprinkles
    Cookie

*just being silly. Sorry*

• Neep meep beep

Hmm...I could swear I saw this somewhere, but now I can't remember where. A book? Something online? I'll post here if I can find it for you!

• decorating

I think that all of the pins had the names on them?
    Found this crazy piece of info
    the King Arthur Carousel horse known as Scarface,
    http://www.disneylies.com/disneyland...ractions.shtml

here are names from pins (you'll have to scroll down on the links)Avanti, Daisy,
    http://www.dizpins.com/archives/2002/2002october_4.htm
    I don't have time, so i'll finish later.

• decorating

• Zero Blockout Dates

Several of the horses have been painted with distinguishing characteristics and given individual names. For example:
    • Goldy: Gold tooth
    • Bo: Bows on saddle
    • Percy: Smells like perfume
    • Daumer: Hungry look in eyes
    • Sticky: Sticky
    • Grumpy: Gelding
    Trivia: King Aurthur never actually owned the carrousel.
    Source: Disney Lies

Avanti
    Daisy
    Dante
    Flash
    Jingles
    King

Source: Pin Pics

INTERESTING FACTS

Walt Disney felt that no park was complete without a carousel. Therefore, a Dentzel park model carousel which had operated since 1922 at Sunnyside Park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, was taken from Sunnyside and moved to Disneyland Park just before the park opened in 1955. The carousel has been significantly altered since then. The original chariots were removed and used as cars on the Casey Junior Circus Train. A Wurlitzer #157 band organ is on the carousel, but does not operate. Motifs from The Sword In The Stone were used in 1955 to replace elements of the carousel. Original inner rounding boards were replaced with mirrors, and the jester and princess head shields on the outer rounding boards have been extensively altered also.

The carousel has seventy-two horses, some of which were taken from a Stein & Goldstein carousel and another carousel in 1955 to add a fourth row, completely made of jumpers. Standers on the original three rows were converted to jumpers in 1955. All horses have been painted white since 1976.

King Arthur's Carrousel is an original Disneyland attraction and opened in July 1955. The carrousel was purchased from an amusement park in Canada (Sunnyside Beach Park in Toronto) dismantled, and shipped to California where it was extensively madeover.
    The carrousel reopened in March 2003 after an extensive one-year rehab in which it received a new motor, canopy, and paint job.
    All of the horses are unique, and are repainted every two years. Many of the horses have names. Jingles is often considered the lead horse (she was painted gold for Disneyland's 50th anniversary celebration) and has bells and flowers in her hair. There are also Avanti, Dante, Daisy, Flash, and King.
    The horses were originally of all different colors, but they were all repainted white in 1975.

allears
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Quote Originally Posted by jetkitten
    Does anyone know all the names of the carruosel horses? Pictures too would be a great help. I want to make Christmas cross stitch ornaments of them all.
    Here's a little info for you...although I have no pics for you.

• The white horses, 90-110 years old, were obtained throughout the United States and Canada and are all hand-carved and painted with no two exactly alike.
    • 22 karat gold leafing covers the carrousel's spires.
    • Horses (in alphabetical order): Alma, Arabian Knight, Avanti, Baby, Belle, Bruce, Centurion, Checkers, Checkers Jr., Champion, Chodis, Cinch, Copper, Crown Jewel, Crusader, Dagger, Daisy, Dante, Duke, Eagle Scout, Elinor, Elroy, Emerald, Fern, Flourish, Frenchy, Galaxy, Gypsy, Hal, Ivy, Jester, Jingles, Kaleidoscope, King Richard, Lance, Leo, Leprechaun, Lucifer's Rose, Lunatic, National Velvet, Patches, Pegasus, Penny, Queenie, Rally, Red Devil, Renaissance, Sapphire, Saxon, Screaming Eagle, Sea Biscuit, Sir Lancelot, St. Patrick, Steamer, Tartan, Tassel, Testy Pat, Thistle, Tiny, Topaz, Tulip, Turbo, Unice & Valance.
    This info is courtesy of the CM website itself! And yes, we have info like this just in case we get a question about it!

Enjoy!

"WHY is the rum always gone???"

Ms Nikki...YOU are great! I am fascinated!

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by MsNikkiCole
    Here's a little info for you...although I have no pics for you.
    • The white horses, 90-110 years old, were obtained throughout the United States and Canada and are all hand-carved and painted with no two exactly alike.
    • 22 karat gold leafing covers the carrousel's spires.
    • Horses (in alphabetical order): Alma, Arabian Knight, Avanti, Baby, Belle, Bruce, Centurion, Checkers, Checkers Jr., Champion, Chodis, Cinch, Copper, Crown Jewel, Crusader, Dagger, Daisy, Dante, Duke, Eagle Scout, Elinor, Elroy, Emerald, Fern, Flourish, Frenchy, Galaxy, Gypsy, Hal, Ivy, Jester, Jingles, Kaleidoscope, King Richard, Lance, Leo, Leprechaun, Lucifer's Rose, Lunatic, National Velvet, Patches, Pegasus, Penny, Queenie, Rally, Red Devil, Renaissance, Sapphire, Saxon, Screaming Eagle, Sea Biscuit, Sir Lancelot, St. Patrick, Steamer, Tartan, Tassel, Testy Pat, Thistle, Tiny, Topaz, Tulip, Turbo, Unice & Valance.
    This info is courtesy of the CM website itself! And yes, we have info like this just in case we get a question about it!

Enjoy!

Very cool. But "Chodis"?
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM