Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What can be done about line jumpers?

Cedar Point has security guards who are stationed at certain rides and wander the ques, Line cutters are thrown out of the park (no refunds) Annual passes revoked. There is a zero tolerance policy there and I think it is important to have rules enforced.

• Why do you keep talking?

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace
    Cedar Point has security guards who are stationed at certain rides and wander the ques, Line cutters are thrown out of the park (no refunds) Annual passes revoked. There is a zero tolerance policy there and I think it is important to have rules enforced.
    The only ride that actually has "active" patrolling is Top Thrill Dragster. When I worked there we definitely tried to get as many line jumpers as possible, it was fun making them go to the back of the line to the cheers of everyone.

Usually they don't kick them out of the park unless they keep getting caught or make a huge deal out of it, most times they just send them to the back of the line with a stern warning. If it's a bonded officer, the (real) firearm they carry with them is usually intimidation enough, Especially if it's Sgt. Rankins! (Funny story Here There is some course language throughout the whole page, just scroll to the bottom; I'd say PG-13 - R)
    Last edited by Hector; 08-13-2006 at 09:34 AM.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    I haven't really noticed it that much at DL in Anaheim. But man is it bad over at DLP. The lines were so wide there that if you were not aggressive you would lose your place in line very easily. People would just come in and take it. A cattle prod would have been nice.
    You know they are like that in France; Germany, and Italy as well. It is a different mentality there. People just crowd up until they get there.I don't mind it, if it is what everyone else is doing in a particular culture, but in America, we are expected to stand in line, and I highly object when anyone does otherwise. I always respect the rules and customs of the country I am a visitor in, and I expect our visitors to do the same. I hate when they pretend not to get it! They get it. That said, the worst offenders are usually our own!Sometimes I am vocal, sometimes frankly, I am too intimidated and just let it go. There are some mean, confrontational people out there these days, who wouldn't hesitate to attack you. Its not worth it to me. But usually I am vocal!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    The only ride that actually has "active" patrolling is Top Thrill Dragster. When I worked there we definitely tried to get as many line jumpers as possible, it was fun making them go to the back of the line to the cheers of everyone.
    Lets not forget Millenium Force, the DJ in the line que (very cool way to pass time by the way) also acts as a enforcer. I have seen the DJ notify security of line jumpers which then brought in the security/police for removal and public humiliation.

• Why do you keep talking?

Depends on the DJs but yeah they're generally cool. And the good ones even help if the ride goes down.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Not exactly the same - but what got me last week was when I was sitting on the curb waiting for fireworks and several (at least 50) people stepped virtually over me and my food because they didn't want to go around. When I did say something - I was pretty much ignored. Very few said excuse me - only one asked. It was not exactly over me - but thier feet went over my food and as they step their feet are at face level - not something I want to encounter. It stepping between two people sitting instead of going around to the open space left by the ropes.

And then - I was next to a lady in a w/c and one guy started to climb over me and the arm of her chair - and I said - please stop - there's a wheel chair here - he said "get over it - I just want to get behind you" he moved down two spaces and then climbed over my husband.

Very rude and selfish behaivior.

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo
    Not exactly the same - but what got me last week was when I was sitting on the curb waiting for fireworks and several (at least 50) people stepped virtually over me and my food because they didn't want to go around. When I did say something - I was pretty much ignored. Very few said excuse me - only one asked. It was not exactly over me - but thier feet went over my food and as they step their feet are at face level - not something I want to encounter. It stepping between two people sitting instead of going around to the open space left by the ropes.

And then - I was next to a lady in a w/c and one guy started to climb over me and the arm of her chair - and I said - please stop - there's a wheel chair here - he said "get over it - I just want to get behind you" he moved down two spaces and then climbed over my husband.

Very rude and selfish behaivior.
    I feel your pain. Off topic: I got shoved by a parade watcher as he thrust his child in front of him, and knocked over another child trying to make his own walkway through the parade crowd. I said, "geez" after I was shoved. the guy wheeled around, came up to my face and asked confrontationally, "is there a problem!?". I got so freaked out that he might hit me, I didn't say a word. He stepped over more people as he left.

Rude behavior, indeed. It is so disheartening to be somebody who really tries to be polite and who is literally walked all over by rude guests (and line hoppers fit into that category).

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by wickeddisneygurl
    line jumpers beware!
    If you were in Frontierland, don't you mean "claim jumpers"?

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace
    Knott's Scary Farm tries to do this too.

I have a line cutting story, but it doesn't involve Disneyland and is racial. But if you still want to read, PM me.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 08-13-2006 at 12:09 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I have been cut in front of on Indy in that back part of the queue where the exit walkway passes the entrance queue behind the projector area. If you dont follow really closely there is always some group of self important people who feel if they CAN do something they SHOULD. I felt intimidated by their numbers ( five or six of them) and their loud behavior, so I said nothing to them. But I did say something to the CM working loading. She told them not to do it again, as she loaded them into their vehicle.
    But (OFF TOPIC), similar to the parade oversteppers from the post above. I was exiting Gadget's Go-Coaster with my grandson. I helped him out and was attempting to exit the car when I realized I could not move my leg. I look behind me and the next people in line had already seated themselves in the car---WITH MY LEG!!! I turned to face them and said, "You are on my leg, I cannot get out". NOTHING!! I wrenched my leg free and wondered, again, about people in general, and parents teaching their children to push ahead, around, over people simply because they can. The Future Line Jumpers of Tomorrow.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

well, either one of these ways listed.. one or two of them need to be done. and I hope it's soon because I seem to have the worst luck with line cutters...

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240
    I would guess the CM's don't really care if people jump lines. They want to get x amount of people on the ride per hour. That's all they care about. I bet you don't too often see CM's do anything about line cutters.
    I don't know if the CMs don't care or if they just can't really do anything about it. About 6 teenagers jumped over the low rope fence inside the Indy queue in front of us once and we reported them to two different CMs who just shrugged. The first one obviously didn't even want to know about it, but the second one admitted that that part of the queue is a problem, but they don't have enough workers to keep an eye on line jumpers.

I was just annoyed because the standby line for Indy was really long that day, and all I could think about were the people out there waiting their turn while these little brats were cutting back in line.

• Senior Minion

Well, Tasers were suggested, and that's not a bad idea, and it'd be public; they could also install trap doors, and make the miscreants wash dishes and steam clean trash cans all day or something equally as odious.

They'd also make great targets at the Frontierland Shooting Gallery. Just strap them to an omnimover, and start loading up the pellets...

You can't make hummus without smashing some chickpeas.

• Minion

In all fairness, it's really not the CM's fault. It's Disneyland's. Disney rarely enforces ANY rule. If someone makes a big enough fuss about it, they can usually get anything they want. I've witnessed someone get incredibly upset at the Splash Mountain CM's for allowing fastpasses. Made a huge deal about it. His gripe was that it was unfair to everyone in line, even though he had every opportunity to get a fastpass as I and everyone else in the park did. He got free Disneyland passes.

People take flash pictures on dark rides, litter, cut in line, and all Disneyland does is ignore it. When they decide to do something about it, something will happen. There's more security at DL than any other theme park. I say write letters and complain at City Hall.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Until the hiring situation improves, I don't think much would be done. Disney has a thing about wanting to not upset any guests.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Squirt guns.
    Don't even go there!!!! I'm getting my stroller!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast