Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Popular Princess

Re: What can be done about line jumpers?

Quote Originally Posted by neuhickman79
    Don't even go there!!!! I'm getting my stroller!!!
    please don't get the stroller! i'm so tired of having bruises up my legs from people using their strollers as battering rams!

but embarassing them, now that's another story! it's really fun to make as much noise as possible so that the cm comes over to see what's wrong and totally kicks the people out of line!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• I'm not really here

5 words: "Dead Men Jump No Lines!"

When in doubt, keep to the code

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Closed Account

Yesterday this family cut in line right in front of us for Mulholland Madness. It was a five minute wait in line and their excuse for cutting was that their kid had to go to the bathroom and they were in line before they left; so they had the right to cut!

• Beep Beep!

Our last trip in January a whole family tried to line jump right in front of us for the monorail, I just said rather loudly, "The back of the line is back THERE!", they glared at me but went to the back of the line...

HDAlien

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder
    Beat them to death with their own shoes.
    YES! Or we could have a great big bengal tiger and force them to eat brown M&Ms

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    In all fairness, it's really not the CM's fault. It's Disneyland's. Disney rarely enforces ANY rule. If someone makes a big enough fuss about it, they can usually get anything they want. I've witnessed someone get incredibly upset at the Splash Mountain CM's for allowing fastpasses. Made a huge deal about it. His gripe was that it was unfair to everyone in line, even though he had every opportunity to get a fastpass as I and everyone else in the park did. He got free Disneyland passes.
    I've had people waiting in the Splash Mountain queue shout rude comments at me as I bypassed them with Fastpass. It really made me feel unwelcome, and was not the kind of behavior/attitude I expected at Disneyland. Luckily, there is no problem of any kind like this at Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea. Everybody (and I mean EVERYBODY) is kind and courteous, and very patient too. They are the perfect example for guests anywhere.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Santa Barbara, CA

When they squeeze in front of me I start coughing, shake their hand and ask where their from and say that "We are from Molokai, Hawaii. Everyone anound you is part of our tour group as we are from the quarantined leperosy colony. As it is highly contagious, we don't usually have anyone who wants to join us. Thansk for your kindness and self sacrifice. We're in the "pre welt and boil" stages (keep shaking hands, don't let go) so we still look normal, but in a few days you'll start seeing the flesh fall off.. Hey everyone! We got two newbies! You'll love the colony.."

Gets em every time..
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• a wind to shake the stars

I honestly do not believe I have ever seen someone flat-out cut the rest of the line. I've seen people cut under a rope to meet up with their friends who had already been in line, but that doesn't bother me at all. Line jumping is probably such a small phenomenon that it really doesn't make much difference in your wait time. I agree that it's rude, though.

• I met Walt Disney!

Saw something interesting this past Monday. I was on the train at the Tomorrowland station, and a couple entered through the exit and got on the train, while there was a huge line to board. The conductor saw someone get on, but didn't know who. He came to our car and asked who it was who came through the exit. They sat there silently. Finally, myself and several others pointed them out and they were kicked off the train. The nerve of some people!

• A Pirate's life for me!

/\ /\

Someone has to step up and point them out (it's usually me...hehe).

Thanks for having the courage to point fingers!

• Shaman of the Whills

I think I can beat all the above stories.

Last saturday we were in line for POTC and 4 people cut right in line behind us. Their trick? You know the bread bowl soup shop right next to POTC, that sells Gumbo and Clam Chowder? Well, they sat at the last table right next to the line and ate their food. As we were waiting in line, they finished, got up, opened the rope, stepped into line and close the rope behind them. I was speechless. Nobody said anything. At that time the line was about 30-35 minutes and that little trick saved them 25 minutes. Essentially, they stepped right into the POTC building after their little snack.

Another thing (now you got me started) are the tram lines. So at the end of the day everyone would like to get back to the parking structure and in each tram waiting segment there are two lines. People seem to follow the green fence. There are ALWAYS some super smart people who walk right in between the two lines and step all the way to the front of the line. I never know what to tell those people. I suppose they aren't technically jumping the line.

The other day at Muppets 3D. We got into the waiting room and we were the very first people. So we stood in front of the doors, with about ... I dunno... maybe less than 3 inches between myself and the waiting line. I turn around, speak to someone in my party, turn back and there're 2 people in front of me. They just 'happen' to walk around and ended up right in front of me.

Also last week at Mickey's House in Toontown. Now that was a long wait. With lots and lots of twists and turns. Just like someone else mentioned. If there are alot of turns and twists, it seems to be an invitation to cut in line. So there was this lady with her child behind me. Halfway through the queue she was in front of me and by the end she was in front of the people right in front of us. This seemed the most bizarre to me because if someone saves 25 minutes like those guys at the POTC, I can somewhat understand the reasoning, but if you're saving what... 2 minutes... why would you bother? I'd rather wait an additional 2 minutes and have everyone take their turn in order.

No class...

• Pilot EdForceOne

screw that.. I call them out right there. If they play dumb.. you point out explicitly what they did. If they tell you to back off.. you simply say lets go see what the CM has to say about it. Unless trapped, they usually walk away.. and try to cut in somewhere else

• Boat shoes all day long

I saw a couple kids cut in front of an older lady and possibly her grandson in the dumbo line, and she went ape! she was very still for about 10 seconds, obviously the rage was building, like maybe this has happened before, and when she had reached her boiling point, reached an arm out, snatched one of the kids ball caps from his head, and threw it into the water under the elephants.
    Needless to say, she was removed from the line and taken back stage. Funny thing was, her grandson didn't seem to care, as he ended up sharing an elephant with one of the kids that his grandma unleashed the furry on!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• I meant to do that.

Ill tell you about an epic line cut, (well, I guess technically it wasn't cutting)

Remember May 5th 2005? I showed up only about an hour before the park opened, and of course it was madness, thousands lined up behind a couple gates, stretching back to DCA. I took a walk to the front of one of the lines to check out the people that were there since midnight, sleeping bags and all, had that zombie look to them.

At that moment, some of the security guys went ahead and opened a couple more of the gates, I just went and stood behind one of them, and then I was first in another hundreds deep line.

The midnight people were peeved to say the least.

• It's all nonsense

Alright I have a million dollar idea. We make t-shirts that instead of saying 'I see dead people' they say 'I see line cutters!'.

Okay it's way to corny, but it amused me for a second. Whatever.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast