Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: What can be done about line jumpers?

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMousie View Post
    But (OFF TOPIC), similar to the parade oversteppers from the post above. I was exiting Gadget's Go-Coaster with my grandson. I helped him out and was attempting to exit the car when I realized I could not move my leg. I look behind me and the next people in line had already seated themselves in the car---WITH MY LEG!!! I turned to face them and said, "You are on my leg, I cannot get out". NOTHING!! I wrenched my leg free and wondered, again, about people in general, and parents teaching their children to push ahead, around, over people simply because they can. The Future Line Jumpers of Tomorrow.
    They probably didn't speak english

Quote Originally Posted by Schmielsen View Post
    I don't know if the CMs don't care or if they just can't really do anything about it.
    then is there a Disneyland CM rule saying don't reprimand those who cut lines? I know if I was in uniform..and saw this there would be hell to pay. Maybe that is why I could never be an in park CM.

Quote Originally Posted by musiken View Post
    Saw something interesting this past Monday. I was on the train at the Tomorrowland station, and a couple entered through the exit and got on the train, while there was a huge line to board. The conductor saw someone get on, but didn't know who. He came to our car and asked who it was who came through the exit. They sat there silently. Finally, myself and several others pointed them out and they were kicked off the train. The nerve of some people!
    I would have stood up, pointed right to them and yelled "THEY CUT!" have done something similiar to that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Alestro Bakai View Post
    I think I can beat all the above stories.

Last saturday we were in line for POTC and 4 people cut right in line behind us. Their trick? You know the bread bowl soup shop right next to POTC, that sells Gumbo and Clam Chowder? Well, they sat at the last table right next to the line and ate their food. As we were waiting in line, they finished, got up, opened the rope, stepped into line and close the rope behind them. I was speechless. Nobody said anything. At that time the line was about 30-35 minutes and that little trick saved them 25 minutes. Essentially, they stepped right into the POTC building after their little snack.
    See this is what I don't get...didn't they cut IN FRONT of people..what were those people doing, watching with their thumbs up their behinds? SAY SOMETHING...it has always worked for me and when I've pointed out said violators to CM"s they always stop them.

• It's all nonsense

The delima that CMs must have if they didn't see the cutting happen is that it's all based on heresay. The cutters will obviously say that they didn't cut, and then you are saying that they did. Who can the CM believe if they didn't see anything happen?
    In this day and age I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lawsuit because some jerktard got accused of cutting in line.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    The delima that CMs must have if they didn't see the cutting happen is that it's all based on heresay. The cutters will obviously say that they didn't cut, and then you are saying that they did. Who can the CM believe if they didn't see anything happen?
    How about the other 30 people in line within 15ft of them?

• Shaman of the Whills

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    See this is what I don't get...didn't they cut IN FRONT of people..what were those people doing, watching with their thumbs up their behinds? SAY SOMETHING...it has always worked for me and when I've pointed out said violators to CM"s they always stop them.
    I'm not sure how that would work. There's no CM to be seen in that part of the line. So the only thing you could do is mention it to the CM, where you board the ride, unless you'd be willing to get out of line and hunt one down (maybe the CM who's at the beginning of the queue? I doubt he/she'd be willing to leave their spot) And I'd have to agree with some of the others here. I doubt the CM at the boarding point would care much. They're busy boarding guests.

• I'm not really here

What gets me, even though I can understand wanting to save some wait time, is don't these people comprehend that they are going to anger a lot of people and possibly get the backlash of that? What goes through their heads when the cut lines like that? How rude and uncultured do you have to be to do that?

As for getting to be first in line when they open a new gate, I've done things like that... and really, no one can get mad at you for paying attention to what's going on around you. After the fireworks one night we were waiting for Fantasyland to reopen and had asked the CM at the rope how long the wait would be. After he told us and moved off another CM walked up and noticed how long the line was getting and yelled out that everyone should form 2 orderly lines, the one that was already there, and one behind us. We were just standing there deciding if it was worth it to wait in that line or not when we became the front of a new line. Suddenly it was very worth it. We rode all 4 darkrides in less than 40 minutes total.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I'm not sure how that would work. There's no CM to be seen in that part of the line. So the only thing you could do is mention it to the CM, where you board the ride, unless you'd be willing to get out of line and hunt one down (maybe the CM who's at the beginning of the queue? I doubt he/she'd be willing to leave their spot) And I'd have to agree with some of the others here. I doubt the CM at the boarding point would care much. They're busy boarding guests.

Well in the case of a missing CM, I have found embarrassment to work best, meaning doing something along the lines of:
    1. Point
    2. Loudly say: "DON'T YOU KNOW THERE IS A LINE HERE"
    3. Resume regularly scheduled program, as now all attention is on line cutters and not your loud voice.

I find that always works as the WHOLE line is now looking at said violators.I've done this before and its worked.
    Last edited by clara; 09-08-2006 at 01:47 PM.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Until the hiring situation improves, I don't think much would be done. Disney has a thing about wanting to not upset any guests.
    More guests should be upset at getting cut in line than those doing the cutting.
    I think that every time someone here gets cut in line, he/she should send an e-mail. That saves a lot more time than a trip to City Hall, where the CMs just want to make you less upset, but not actually do any work to fix the main problem.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Just a puppet on a string

Another thing (now you got me started) are the tram lines. So at the end of the day everyone would like to get back to the parking structure and in each tram waiting segment there are two lines. People seem to follow the green fence. There are ALWAYS some super smart people who walk right in between the two lines and step all the way to the front of the line. I never know what to tell those people. I suppose they aren't technically jumping the line.
    I had a similar incident with shuttles.

All these kids ran up from out of nowhere and were pushing parents with little children out of the way so they could board. I finally was at the front of the line and I put my arm out and blocked about 8 of 'em and said "we have all been waiting in line. People with young children waiting all this time should board." This young woman looks at me and says "I have a young child" and I saw her stroller and child and said, "after you". These kids couldn't believe it. I would not move my arm until other parents and kids and my own party boarded, then they were left there for the next shuttle.

Even when I was their age and tired and burnt out from running around the park all day, I still had respect for the parents around me. I never cut in front or took advantage of a given situation. I truely believe in karma, no matter how small the deed.

And I am one of those like others here that will embarrass the crap outta you if you try to pull anything like that.

Also, I have always had the full cooperation of any CM and they have put said offenders into the back of the line.

Greenie

"Think of a wonderful thought!"

"Any happy little thought?"

Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

This has to be one of the worst cutting stories. I was waiting in line for It's a Small World with my cousin when these two guys cut in front of us. I didn't want to cause a scene or anything you know try to not let it bother me I mean I was in the Happiest Place on Earth for the first time. But to top the cake these guys had the nerve to turn around and start to hit on us. That was the last straw. I immediately raised my voice about them cutting in line and they were so embarassed they left. So I would have to say embarassing the person works the best. But I like the squirt gun full of pee too.
    If you believe, dreams really do come true!!!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Just Say No

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345