Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, but my butt hurts just sitting for the half hour before the show. No way I would spend half a day waiting for Fantasmic (although I love it).

They have this problem with all the shows in Tokyo. So many people would wait for the shows and parades that it became a traffic congestion problem. Now they won't let people reserve a place until about an hour before show time. They even make announcments about it. That might be a good idea for Fantasmic at DL as well.

So many people were waiting for Dreamlights that is was at least 10 rows back from the curb (and they make everyone sit). Still a heck of a lot better than queuing up all day for a night time show!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• That's Hawt

That's simply crazy ... that man must be off his rocker, obviously too much sun
    Last edited by MiceMan; 01-24-2005 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Changing Tongue

• "Roast Duck"

LOL...I want to do this someday...except I know it would get him mad...I want to get there earlier then him one day...and TAKE HIS SPOT!!!! I think it would be so funny...cuz I am sure that is a coveted spot for him...and to have to sit someplace else...would be funny...sad for him though...
    Went to a party the other night
    All the ladies were treating me right
    Moving my feet to the disco beat
    How in the world could I keep my seat
    All of a sudden I began to change
    I was on the dance floor acting strange
    Flapping my arms I began to cluck
    Look at me..I'm the disco duck

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

• -Going Retro-

I'm not getting this... So he has a huge tarp that he lays down but it's only for him? Does he just invite random guests to sit in his space?

• I won't grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneychica04
    its great that he is a fantasmic fanatic, but he doesnt have to be there in the same spot for every show and doing the same hand movements as mickey. it does ruin the magic for the kids seeing him sitting there doing the same movements as mickey. i have seen him before cuz he has come around my stores looking for tinkerbell pins to trade. but for someone to camp out there waiting for the show to start for that many hours is a true fan. the most i'll wait for the show is like 10 min before it starts. but then again i have friends working it and so they find me and whoever im with some pretty good seats or standing places. im sure he is definitely an AP if he is there for every show.
    I kind of have to agree with on this. It really does ruin the magic for those who have not seen it when someone is there flaunting that he has the show memorized. It's kinda along those lines of quoting the opening to rides so others can't hear it...
    Just bask in the magic... silently...

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• A Little Rabid

I know of the man you talk about. It's actually a group, really. They gather every single weekend just to see Fantasmic! Last December, my boyfriend and I were looking around for a spot to sit after we returned from HMH. One of the members invited us to calm over and sit with them. He joked around and said we'd have to be initiated into the club by getting sprayed by some of the RoA water.

Eventually the whole gang showed up. Their 'leader' scared me. He kept yelling at one of the members. What's funny is I've seen the guy before with his daughter the previous September (Fantasmic! on Hiatus) while I was in in line for Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. Anyways, according to an acquaintance of mine, they cause a lot of trouble getting into arguments with CMs and what not.

I also over heard the guy talk with some other lady who asked if they come to the parks a lot. He pretty much explained the whole story. He's been gathering people to watch performances ever since 1992 and claims he knows every single change made to Fantasmic! And his daughter is obviously daddy's little girl since she's always clinging on to him.

(Oh, and sorry for the two types of Mouseketeers on this board. I came here from another Disneyland focused BBS and I'm just using my screen name from there...)

• Junior Senior

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    ...(and they make everyone sit)...
    I think THIS definitely needs to happen at DL. Everyone's feet are tired, nobody wants to stand, but there's always one jerk who stands up and then everyone behind has to stand up too...as someone who is not very tall I never end up seeing all of any fireworks/Fantasmic show because there's invariably some 8-foot tall man with two kids on his shoulders right in front of me, and I'm leaning back and forth the entire time trying to see around. And if I'm bummed, just imagine being a kid trying to see! Not every parent can hold a five-year-old up on a shoulder!

This has been a pet peeve of mine for years. I'm glad there's a park out there somewhere that enforces such a policy...if only DL would get with the program!

• "Roast Duck"

actually my dad overheard one of the guys in the group say that "Tinker man" goes out into the park and invite kids to sit on his tarps...

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

I have to agree with most of you; this is kinda wrong. I guess it is his right and his time, but I personally wouldn't do it every day. I've done it once. We sat for about five hours. It was an experience, but not one I'd want to do again.
    Refurb Mike

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Duck
    actually my dad overheard one of the guys in the group say that "Tinker man" goes out into the park and invite kids to sit on his tarps...
    I would not let my kids within 100 feet of some guy wearing all tink duds who invites kids to sit on his tarp. this guy sounds like a wierdo and should be thrown into the river.

• "Roast Duck"

my first thought was: Michael Jackson...

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

• Differently clued

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Duck
    my first thought was: Michael Jackson...
    Mine too! They always have something to do with Neverland don't they.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Minion

I don't want to sound mean or anything, but that whole group has..well..issues
    Its a little strange that they turn up 5 or so hours early every weekend, i'v seen him before and didn't think anything of it until now.

• Differently clued

I think that's cool that they've found something that they enjoy so much, but it's the whole thing with the Tinkerbell stuff and the invitations to the kids that kind of weirds me out. I don't know which is sadder: the fact that this guy sounds like a pervert to me, or that we live in a society where we automatically assume that he is?
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Senior Minion

A friend of my wife, was in the 1996 shows of Fantasmic,( Jason H. was his name) he said getting the dance moves down was very tough. He seemed to make it sound like the Disney Choreography staff wanted him to do it instantly. But I could be wrong.
    I liked the giant Ursula they had back then. That was cool. The Crocodile is pretty cool though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12