Finding Nemo Completion Date ?

Do any of you know or have a guess when the new sub layout will be complete. Jim Hill said it was going to be complete very soon. Could that mean possibly a 2006 opening, rather than the rumored 2007?

• Carbon based

At the end of his article, he says 'Meet me in Anaheim in a year and a half when work is finally complete on this newish newish version of Tomorrowland's submarine voyage.'

So I guess November 2006 maybe...

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I have heard 2006 and 2007 from a couple of different online sources. I think we should all sit tight for the official target date to be announced at the 50th kickoff next week when Cast Member Matt tells the rest of the world that the Submarine Voayage is coming back to Disneyland.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

What seems apparant from the various stories from Al and Jim Hill is that Matt and crew are building a longer term plan to roll out attractions over the next five years or so.

What a delight to see, long term planning! I think the merchandising folks that used to run the resort considered long term about 12 to 18 months. That is a time frame that is virtually impossible to budget and construct any type of meaningful attraction; E ticket or otherwise.
    The Mur

I hope the ride is still called the Submarine Voyage, what do you think the title will be?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfreak46
    I hope the ride is still called the Submarine Voyage, what do you think the title will be?
    Rocket Subs..........teh he...just kidding
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfreak46
    Lets hope its not something along the lines of "Finding Nemo: Lets Party!". Ughhh

I'd hope for something like Submarine Voyage featuring finding nemo with the emphasis on Submarine Voyage and smaller letters about nemo.

• Banned User

Given that this is such a simple overlay im guessing it will be finished by July-August 2006. Just think of it as a large rehab with the addition of a few new AA's and a new audiotrack.

• Banned User

Basically they wanted to please the people in charge so they could have an excuse to bring back the submarine voyage without completely ruining the old theme. The outside should be very similar and the sets will be integrated with the old stuff.

• Banned User

I would say 2007... because they love having as much testing they can get esp with these old vehicles... and train to get the hour guest capacity at max... so that begins in 06.. official dedication in 07...(and gives lee way for any postponent... (remember Test Track WDW.))

i heard it was late 2006 which seems reasonable for what they are doing to the ride.