Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: I'm just not going to eat at Whitewater Snacks anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP.
    It's not meant to handle the traffic they now get.
    There were 2 other people in front of me and I still had to wait over 20 minutes for a grilled cheese sandwich!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    You ate there once or twice since yesterday afternoon when Morrigoon posted this thread? I'm confused.
    I think he meant the last thread Goonie posted about the crappy service, oh, two months ago or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    I've noticed that whenever we go there in a large group, it takes forever to get the food, and they ALWAYS without fail lose a ticket or two. The food prices have gone up and the quality of the food has declined. The burgers there used to be the best in the resort. No longer. The buns aren't the same, they aren't served to look appetizing (let's just have an open faced cheeseburger and DUMP the fries over the whole thing and into the cheeseburger, I mean, it all goes to the same place anyway, right?).

I haven't reached the "I'll never, under any circumstances ever eat there again" status with Whitewater (as I have with Storytellers, Catal and Tortilla Jos), but if the group hates it for Sunday afternoons I certainly won't be eating there for a looooooooooooong time.
    Personally, I don't understand the MC'ers facination with WWS. I think their food is terrible. It's a cute atmosphere, but it's not all that. The only time I eat there is if the MC group wants to go, otherwise I pass on it all together. I much prefer River Belle.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by iAmJacksDLand
    It's... not in the park. It's in the Grand Californian Hotel, adjacent to the pool.

It's considered their quick service restaurtant and, for a while, used to have fabulous food, great customer service, and unlimited refillable mugs that weren't really.... ehh... controlled.

But I digress.

That IS bad, as the GCH usually has amazing food (Napa Rose, Storytellers). My ignorance precedes me! I never ate at the pool. Thanks for setting the Cuz straight!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Man O Lantern

We've never had a bad experience at WWS and it's our standard lunch place...we'll eat there 3-4 times during a week's stay, as I can't stand to eat lunch anywhere in the parks except Blue Bayou, and I can't afford to eat every meal there.

I haven't been to WWS for 7 months though. How sucky! We were planning to eat there again daily on our trip in November...probably will still give it a go, but I guess we're going to have to branch out and discover someplace new...someplace not so fast foody and gross.

I really just don't like the food at Disneyland or DCA, especially after the first full day there. We're talking 5-6 days straight of theme park food. I've always counted on WWS....

Also, I've never seen it crowded. I don't think we eat at off-peak times or anything, so I don't know what the deal is? We are often the only people at WWS.

This is bad news for this picky eater.

• insufferable know-it-all

All I know is, the last 3 or so times have been REALLY bad, and the last two times have been "refund" bad. I'm just done. I'd rather spend a couple bucks more, less often, and eat at Storyteller's. Yeah, that means I'll probably be eating even fewer times at the Resort (their fault for letting prices get out of hand, they'd make more money from me eating frequently for less, but whatever), but if I'm going to pay through the nose, the experience should at least be worth it. I've had too many Sundays ruined by being mad at WWS and its uncaring, unapologetic CMs (with a couple notable exceptions, of course... just *most* of the staff).

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Blog Entries

We ate there Friday night and waited 20 minutes in an empty place for chicken nachos and an order of fires. We watched as the workers goofed around and finally brought our food. The food still tasted great and we were not in a big rush, but it was noticeable how long it took!

• Minion

That is really a shame, we were going to try it for the first time next week.
    The thing is, when you are visiting Disneyland, you don't have that kind of time to waste waiting for food that only takes a couple of minutes to prepare.
    And I will step forward once again to defend the food in the park.
    We enjoy it, and Do you guys ever compare it other theme park food?
    Simply can't. They all serve crap except Knotts, and Disneyland has more themed choices. We love the food in the park!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

We went there 3 times the last week of June and did not experience any of these problems. It did take awhile to get the chicken nachos but we were by the pool sipping tropical drinks so I didn't mind and the nachos were awesome (and the server came out to tell us there was a slight delay). The day we left I ran in to get sandwiches for the long car ride home. There were none made (this was at 10am) so I asked them when they were going to put out the ready made sandwiches. When the woman asked the cook in the back, he said he would make them right then and there.....and he did. So I thought the service all 3 times I was there was great.

Other than Riverbelle Terrace for mickey mouse pancakes and Storytellers, this really the only disney food I will eat. I am a picky eater.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    All I know is, the last 3 or so times have been REALLY bad, and the last two times have been "refund" bad. I'm just done. I'd rather spend a couple bucks more, less often, and eat at Storyteller's.
    Hmmmm now you're just ASKING for me to give Chernabog's famous Storyteller's "Bring Your Pepto Bismol" Rant now, aren'tcha Goonie? hee hee
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

We ate there with seven people last Monday (8/7), and it took less than 15 minutes for us to all be served. The food was fine, and the air conditioning made the wait rather pleasurable considering the heat of the day. Sorry to all that have been having the problems, but we see that everyday in all types of service industries, not just at the DLR.

Just goes to prove they could give good service if they wanted to. (And used to. Just not so much lately.)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• done

For anyone who has had really bad service at Whitewater, have you made any sort of official complaint, either at City Hall or through the online feedback from Disney's website? I put in those kinds of comments on occasion (I actually have one complaint about another location that I still need to submit), and sometimes, I get noticable results. Other times, I'm not sure if my comment has gone anywhere, but I at least know I've lodged a complaint. As much as this board and other Disney-related boards are monitored by Disney, just posting a complaint here isn't going to do much good to fix the problem.

I eat at Whitewater probably once a month or less. I like it ok, but it does have a very limited menu, and I tend not to want burgers at the resort often. I had noticed it's been a popular location for the noon meet crowd for a number of years now, regardless of who's actually attending, but I've gotten the impression that Whitewater was picked for its inexpensive prices more than anything else.

Well, one would hope that the process of refunding meals would be enough to get management's attention. I'm not a big one for filing complaints at City Hall, because I think too many p*******-ders have abused the system, and I just have my doubts as to the effectiveness of any complaint coming from an AP like myself. I actually believe posting a thread here has a better chance of bringing the problem to management's attention than filing at City Hall and having the plaids place it in the "circular file".

And at this point, it's of little use, my complaining, because I'm basically done with the place.

I'm really disappointed to read all this. I thought that WWS was a hidden treasure and had planned on eating there, especially since we are staying at the GC this time. Now it looks like it might be better to skip it.
    Michelle

• Mousketeer

My family and I ate there last saturday. The food hasn't been very good the last 2 times I have eaten there. Fries were cold, poor service, etc.

We did eat outside of the normal lunch/dinner times, and I wondered if that didn't contribute to the food quality.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast