Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: I'm just not going to eat at Whitewater Snacks anymore

Quote Originally Posted by stagemomx3
    I'm really disappointed to read all this. I thought that WWS was a hidden treasure and had planned on eating there, especially since we are staying at the GC this time. Now it looks like it might be better to skip it.
    There are some things about WWS that did make it a choice location for the group for some time running. If you're not in a hurry and can take your chances, you might get the kind of experience we all went there for. Just understand there's a chance you might get the kind of experience that has chased me off.

Tip: The children's cheeseburger meal is a good deal for someone who doesn't care about getting lettuce and tomato on their burger. The nachos, when it doesn't take them 45 minutes to make them, are very tasty.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Misses Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000
    I don't think that's a good enough excuse. In fact, the last time I went to Whitewater Snacks about a year ago, there were only four people in the entire place. And it was still horrible service and generally crummy food. I've never gone back since, and it appears I have made the right decision.

I waited 30 minutes for a cheeseburger, and they still got the order wrong. The cashier couldn't even muster the energy to look me in the eye, much less form more than two syllables during the cash transaction.

Let's face it, WhiteWater Snacks is a horribly managed little snack bar with bad customer service and it should be put out of its misery. If Disney can't operate this thing correctly, and clearly they can not, then contract it out to somebody who can.
    Hey. Be fair here. This can be said of alot of places. Does it matter just becuase it's in Disney property? I think we have an unfair expectation of the Disney name. I went to a brand new hot dog joint in my town. They have these crazy fancy hot dogs. We were the only ones in there (3 of us) and it took around 10 mins to make our food. Then my sister, who is picky, asked for just kethup, and not too much. Her plain dog came with so much ketchup, it was enough for 5 hot dogs. Service is bad everywhere nowadays. Don't blame it on Disney, blame it on this generation of kids that could care less about what they do.

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    All I know is, the last 3 or so times have been REALLY bad, and the last two times have been "refund" bad. I'm just done. I'd rather spend a couple bucks more, less often, and eat at Storyteller's. Yeah, that means I'll probably be eating even fewer times at the Resort (their fault for letting prices get out of hand, they'd make more money from me eating frequently for less, but whatever), but if I'm going to pay through the nose, the experience should at least be worth it. I've had too many Sundays ruined by being mad at WWS and its uncaring, unapologetic CMs (with a couple notable exceptions, of course... just *most* of the staff).
    I ended up eatimg at Taco Bell on the way home! I got my food in 10 minutes & I got nachos too!!!!

Oh good, I felt so bad for you not eating anything after you cancelled your order!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• That Guy

...I've had too many Sundays ruined by being mad at WWS and its uncaring, unapologetic CMs (with a couple notable exceptions, of course... just *most* of the staff).

Your days were ruined by a bad lunch experience? Don't get me wrong, I hate poor service as much as the next informed consumer, but I don't let it ruin my whole day, let alone several days. Don't give anyone or any experience the power to ruin what is otherwise an enjoyable day.

A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    Don't blame it on Disney, blame it on this generation of kids that could care less about what they do.
    You're kidding, right?

• Vehicle rotating backward

I've never been to WWS, but I have seen the problems here in effect at other counter service areas in the resort.

FWIW, I had dinner at the Storyteller's Cafe, and the service was wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Your days were ruined by a bad lunch experience?
    But remember that we often go in just for the meet and lunch. Sometimes we stay longer and ride a few things, but when we're pissed off and/or hungry, we usually leave immediately after.

• That Guy

But remember that we often go in just for the meet and lunch. Sometimes we stay longer and ride a few things, but when we're pissed off and/or hungry, we usually leave immediately after.

Oh. See, I forget that you lucky CA. people can just go there like it is your extended backyard!

When I go, I have to cram everything in like it is a military mission. I have to remember that not everyone is as mis-fortunate as we out of state MCers. You guys should throw us a telethon or something.

Hahah... hey, I'd love to get you out to a meet!

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

Oh good, I felt so bad for you not eating anything after you cancelled your order!
    Next time I say we just go to Pizza Port!!!! That's our spot!!!!

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by StitchTT6
    Next time I say we just go to Pizza Port!!!! That's our spot!!!!
    My vote is still for Brennan's. Or downstairs at the Vineyard Room in DCA.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Tip: The children's cheeseburger meal is a good deal for someone who doesn't care about getting lettuce and tomato on their burger. The nachos, when it doesn't take them 45 minutes to make them, are very tasty.
    Now, the last time we were in WWS, it took about 30 minutes to get our nachos, and they were dead cold. It's like someone forgot. The CM offered us our money back, and we took it. However, the state of the nachos were almost uneatable.
    -Monorail Man

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    Hmmm, that's odd, because I've eaten once or twice at Whitewater since Morrigoon's last post about the slow service, and everything worked out fine for us. On one occasion, the restaurant was actually packed for the indoor seating because it was so hot out, so we almost ended up getting stuck sitting outside. I ended up finding a small table for us before the food was delivered - it probably took maybe 10 or 15 minutes.
    Same here... WWS is my favorite DCA food place (Bengal BBQ is my favorite DL place overall), and Tool and I never have a problem. Our food always comes within 10 minutes or so (even when busy), and they've never gotten an order wrong, and they always seem pleasant. Maybe it used to be better, once upon a time, and we just don't notice? Heck, it's been MUCH better than our hit-and-miss lunches in downtown Disney.

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work.
    Hey, I found something I want to put in my .sig!
    Last edited by Shoppingbear; 08-17-2006 at 12:09 PM.
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast