Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: I'm just not going to eat at Whitewater Snacks anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    My vote is still for Brennan's. Or downstairs at the Vineyard Room in DCA.
    We'll eat anywhere you want... as long as you're paying.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    You ate there once or twice since yesterday afternoon when Morrigoon posted this thread? I'm confused.

I haven't reached the "I'll never, under any circumstances ever eat there again" status with Whitewater (as I have with Storytellers, Catal and Tortilla Jos), but if the group hates it for Sunday afternoons I certainly won't be eating there for a looooooooooooong time.
    The bad Catal experience wouldn't be the one with you, myself, Morrigoon and your mom would it? You know, the one where it took us 45 minutes to be seated, and another 45 minutes to get food?

Seriously, other then the (expected) 45 minutes to get food, I've never had a problem with Whitewater Snacks, so I'm surprised. Honestly, I don't notice the wait time because I use it as a place to take a time-out from the parks, bring my laptop, and get some work done (and sometimes have a beer or two and smoke... which is nice.) The thing about the burgers is VERY disappointing if true. I just went there in late June, and everything was fine. Has it gone downhill that recently?

The only places I'll eat in the Disneyland resort are: Yamabuki's, Rancho del Zoloco, the pizza place in Tomorrowland, Blue Bayou (which is so-so), Ralph Brenna's (for the fried green tomoatoes), Corn Dog Castle, Award Weibners and Wine Country Trattoria. And of course Napa Rose every once in a while. I don't even bother with other places. Too many dissapointments.

I do get Dole Whips each and every time however, although I'm still in mourning at the loss of "fantasia" ice cream resort-wide. Why god, oh why?

Anybody else love those fried dough things they serve at the Ralph Brenna's express window? You know, the ones that come covered in a creme sauce?

beignets. Yep. Not quite as good as Cafe du Monde, but still sinfully good!

Wait a tic... cream sauce? Are you mixing up beignets with bread pudding? The fried dough things (beignets) come in powdered sugar. Bread pudding comes with a sauce.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by iAmJacksDLand
    It's considered their quick service restaurtant and, for a while, used to have fabulous food, great customer service, and unlimited refillable mugs that weren't really.... ehh... controlled.
    Just wondering if they still have the refills.
    o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

yes

I love Whitewater Snacks. It's kind of a nice "getaway" from the park madness if you need it. Good food too. Love the fries!

• Life is Great!

only been to WWS once and it was tasty but did take a little while. i prefer cove bar now.
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Mmm... cove bar has the lobster nachos! (but you can get chicken if you ask).

• With my wife....

Every time we've eaten there, the service has been slow but the food has been phenomenal. I've come to expect slow service there now, so I guess my expectations are sufficiently low that I don't mind the wait. The atmosphere is pretty good, so the wait isn't so bad.

But now that I think about it, I do keep wondering WHY the wait is soooo long. Is the kitchen just understaffed? That still doesn't explain the fact that it takes 30 or 45 minutes to get 1 entree when the rest of the place is empty.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    The atmosphere is pretty good, so the wait isn't so bad.
    Atmosphere? You mean Early School Cafeteria?

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom
    only been to WWS once and it was tasty but did take a little while. i prefer cove bar now.
    I have to hand it to you guys, I only remember the names of places I really hate or really love, and don't know the names of most of the places in Disneyland! I'm going to have to print this list and see if we can find some of these, next time. Like, where's Cove bar??

The only other place that has "Wow!"d Tool and I was the downstairs Wine-country Trattoria restaurant in DCA, and Blue Bayou (where the food was amazing, the time we went). WWS is cheaper and more casual than both of those, and we've had good food every time.
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

I love Trattoria, but I can't seem to motivate people to go there with me! I think it's because their menu is so limited, but IMHO, what they do serve is awesome, and the price is reasonable.

• A Pirate's life for me!

We've been there about 6-8 times so far and have never been disappointed.The quality of the food is fine, but then again, we (still) enjoy the Blue Bayou, but according to some, it sucks, so I guess the old saying still holds true..."You can't please all of the people all of the time".When we enjoy the Parks, we are on "DL time", so rushing around is not on our agenda. We order our meal, sit and chat for a bit, eat our meal, sit and chat some more, then go back to the Park. Works for us.

• I'm not really here

When we go.. we love us some good food. Meals are part of the experience and fun for us and we don't like to rush them at all. Only pool area dining we've done is Croc's Bits and Bites. Was really good. Though they can slow down if it gets busy as they are just a little "shack" setup.

We've waited 30 minutes at Bengal Barbeque before, and sometimes Taste Pilots grill can get bogged down for now aparent reason.

As far as fastest goes, Rancho del Zocalo is amazingly quick. You tell them what you want and 30 seconds later it's in your hands. I love that place.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I love Trattoria, but I can't seem to motivate people to go there with me! I think it's because their menu is so limited, but IMHO, what they do serve is awesome, and the price is reasonable.
    I'm sure I speak for bear when I say we would love to go with you some time

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast