Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• no flash photography...

Re: I'm just not going to eat at Whitewater Snacks anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    Which always brings the question to my mind: What do you guys (who love WWS) find so appealing about that place??? It is just typical fast food no better than inside the park. I'll usually only eat there because I am hanging around the pool and don't want to go anywhere.
    we liek the grilled chicken sandwich and we love eating outside. It's so quiet and peaceful. It's a nice break from the day. Another plus is usually a cat or two will come by and we feed them our chicken....

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    usually a cat or two will come by and we feed them our chicken....
    Well, that would be a definite plus!! I've never seen any cats there!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    Which always brings the question to my mind: What do you guys (who love WWS) find so appealing about that place??? It is just typical fast food no better than inside the park.
    Well, I'll disagree that the food there is no better than in the park. The burgers in the park are not very good, imo. Whitewater's burgers are really tasty and juicy, and you get a good portion of fries with it. I also like the chili cheese dog. My husband and another friend love the french dip there, much more than the mess of meat goo they call french dip that's available at the French Market.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I like the variety - pizza, hamburgers, nachos, chicken, hot dogs, salads, sandwhiches... all in one place. Plus the variety of drinks, desserts, chips, etc.

And the food is very very good and the staff is nice and it's tucked away from the madding crowds.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Winter in Oceanside...

Well, I haven't had the burgers, french dip or chicken sandwich yet, so perhaps those are the big draw. Hot dog was just a hot dog, fries were just fries, nachos were subpar and the tuna sandwich was a typical tuna sandwich.

There is a pretty good variety, for sure and it is away from crowds.

• Life is Great!

WWS had the best burger I have had at the parks in a few years and the kids portion was plenty big enough for me!
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Went to WWS today and service was fine. I didn't realize the chicken sandwich came with fries. I would probably ask for a substitution next time (fruit or salad). But one thing about WWS is that it's mainly for the guests of the GCH. It's not meant to be a Pizza Port or Taste Pilots Grill, it can't handle that many people. Even when WWS is empty they may still be backlogged filling pool orders. If you do have a complaint about WWS I would go to the GCH concierge desk.

I finally tried the trattoria a few weeks ago, and while the food was decent and reasonably priced (huge servings, and we shared!) we found the service to be HORRIBLE. I did not think the guy deserved 15%, and I usually tip at least 20%! I probably should have said something to a manager, but I didn't want to get him in trouble.

• Man O Lantern

PrincessY, I like WWS, because it's usually quiet and not crowded. My family can sit at one table, unlike places like Pizza Port where it takes us 15 minutes to wait for a table, then we have to drag five chairs to it. It's attractive, I like the outdoor seating, I like someone bringing me my food....I like the strawberries, too.

The french dip sandwich and fries plate is ENORMOUS. My husband and I are big eaters and we can usually share this and not need anything else. The younger girls like the kids meal--pb&j, Mickey cookies, strawberries and juice. Nothing fried like so many of the other restaurants. I think eating Mickey nuggest once in a week is plenty, they don't need them twice a day for five days!

For us, WWS is the lesser of many evils. I just don't like the Pizza Port, Riverbelle, Plaza Inn (we eat dinner there because I can buy chicken pieces ala carte), etc. for lunch or breakfast, and definitely not for dinner. I don't like the Pizza Port pizza....at all. I think it's gross! And Rancho del Zocalo, we've tried twice and by FAR those are the two worst meals I've ever had at Disneyland!! That food is soooo gross. The kids meals are awful there--Mickey chicken nugget tacos? Barf. The salsa is from a jar, the rice is awful, the meat is icky and questionable.

I really don't enjoy my meals at Disneyland. I like Storytellers and Blue Bayou the best...and with a family of 5 and 5-6 days straight at the resort, it's a lot of meals to eat out at nicer places. WWS gives us a fairly cheap alternative with ample seating, it's quiet, there's fruit available, and the coffee refills are a huge plus. I really don't like fast food, so it's hard for me to feed my family the entire vacation at Disneyland.

We've had some okay DtD meals, but not any great meals that are worth the price you're paying.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I don't like the Pizza Port pizza....at all. I think it's gross!
    Well I certainly agree with you on that!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    45 minutes for cheese on chips, and even longer if, heaven forbid, you order a French Dip sandwich or two.

I can't believe what I'm reading....we've always had such good service there! Hope the service isn't that bad when we go because I love their breakfast burritos but I don't want to wait 45 minutes for one!

• Social Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    ...love the french dip there, much more than the mess of meat goo they call french dip that's available at the French Market.
    Exactly. They are like night and blight.

In fact, french dip has been the standard split-a-meal for me and Evil Minion, making the already cheap WWS prices positively unDisneyfied.

It's probably been a couple of months since we've been there though, and I'll be disappointed if the point of this thread turns out to represent a true and commonplace decline in service and food quality.

There are a couple of other places I like for lunch at the Resort ... but at quaduple the price - or more!

Please let it not be true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    beignets. Yep. Not quite as good as Cafe du Monde, but still sinfully good!

Wait a tic... cream sauce? Are you mixing up beignets with bread pudding? The fried dough things (beignets) come in powdered sugar. Bread pudding comes with a sauce.
    You're of course right Morrigoon... HOWEVER I always order the beignets with a request for a small container of the cream sauce to dip them in. They've always given it to me at no charge (and it's an AWESOME combination) but I would gladly pay for the generous portion if asked.

By the way, do you know if Brenna's still serves Fried Green Tomatoes? (Another big fetish of mine) I need to remind myself to get my *** down to either of "The Standard" hotels in LA as they're featuring Fried Green Tomatoes ($8) as their 'seasonal' summertime appitizer menu item.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456