Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm just not going to eat at Whitewater Snacks anymore

45 minutes for cheese on chips, and even longer if, heaven forbid, you order a French Dip sandwich or two. Once or twice having a restaurant get overwhelmed, I can understand that, but this is becoming a regular occurrance, and I'm just done. Like the food, like the prices, but I'm not going there any more. Sorry guys.

This time, they flat-out LOST our tickets, so if we hadn't finally said something, we'd still be waiting for our food. It's beyond me how a Disneyland restaurant can be so consistently badly run and not have something done about it. And it really is a pity, because I loved WWS. But I'm sick of having the group I arrived with leave because they're done eating before my food arrives.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Re: I'm just not going to eat at Whitewater Snacks anymore

I have not eaten at WWS in quite some time.

However. I did notice that after an extended absence, the quality seemed to decline severly. My girlfriend and I used to *love* to eat there whenever we went to the DLR, and then one day, the cheeseburgers stopped being made with their usual buns and the overall quality of things just dropped.

Sad to hear that now they have customer service issues as well.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I've always thought the service was ridiculously S...L....O....W at WWS and I've never understood the appeal of this place. Food is decent, but not good enough to go out of my way to eat there unless I'm sitting at the GCH pool (which I will be this Friday )

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

We (David Lane, Lisa and I) ended up at Tiffy's on Katella and Disneyland Drive, since the PCH Grill serves breakfast from 7:30 AM to 1 PM on weekends

But it was a nice change of pace...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• The Fantasyland guy

I also have believed that WWS has gotten worse and worse over time. Since I do have to go out of my way to eat there as I don't stay on property ever due to my local proximity to the DLR, I figured I'd just stop going.

I stopped eating there awhile ago because of the slow service.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Wake up and smell the cholesterol. In park food mostly sucks.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Wake up and smell the cholesterol. In park food mostly sucks.
    It's... not in the park. It's in the Grand Californian Hotel, adjacent to the pool.

It's considered their quick service restaurtant and, for a while, used to have fabulous food, great customer service, and unlimited refillable mugs that weren't really.... ehh... controlled.

But I digress.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

The food is still good, but the service has gone way downhill. It's not meant to handle the traffic they now get. I think it was supposed to just be a little snack bar for hotel guests but now the secret is out. So maybe it will backfire, people will stop going, and then we can continue to go there!
    A signature should go here.

• Neep meep beep

Wow, that's too bad. That's at least two bad reports on long waits for service at White Water -- and although I've never eaten there, I thought this was supposed to be a "hidden find" - great prices, and less crowded than other places in the park (which theoretically would mean less of a wait). Guess not.

• no flash photography...

hmmmm....I know it used to be painfully slow, but the last two times we've eaten there (within the last 4 months) it was very good. The food came out at a normal pace....Prior to that we did have to wait a long time and once needed to ask for the food. One time we got a soggy sandwich. they replaced it with a freshly made sandwich that was just as soggy. We no longer get food from the refrigerators there. We always order from the grill.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP.
    The food is still good, but the service has gone way downhill. It's not meant to handle the traffic they now get.
    I don't think that's a good enough excuse. In fact, the last time I went to Whitewater Snacks about a year ago, there were only four people in the entire place. And it was still horrible service and generally crummy food. I've never gone back since, and it appears I have made the right decision.

I waited 30 minutes for a cheeseburger, and they still got the order wrong. The cashier couldn't even muster the energy to look me in the eye, much less form more than two syllables during the cash transaction.

Let's face it, WhiteWater Snacks is a horribly managed little snack bar with bad customer service and it should be put out of its misery. If Disney can't operate this thing correctly, and clearly they can not, then contract it out to somebody who can.

• done

Hmmm, that's odd, because I've eaten once or twice at Whitewater since Morrigoon's last post about the slow service, and everything worked out fine for us. On one occasion, the restaurant was actually packed for the indoor seating because it was so hot out, so we almost ended up getting stuck sitting outside. I ended up finding a small table for us before the food was delivered - it probably took maybe 10 or 15 minutes.

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    45 minutes for cheese on chips, and even longer if, heaven forbid, you order a French Dip sandwich or two. Once or twice having a restaurant get overwhelmed, I can understand that, but this is becoming a regular occurrance, and I'm just done. Like the food, like the prices, but I'm not going there any more. Sorry guys.

This time, they flat-out LOST our tickets, so if we hadn't finally said something, we'd still be waiting for our food. It's beyond me how a Disneyland restaurant can be so consistently badly run and not have something done about it. And it really is a pity, because I loved WWS. But I'm sick of having the group I arrived with leave because they're done eating before my food arrives.
    Could have been worse. The last time I ate there I got a burger with a moldy bun. By the time I noticed the green blotches I had already eaten half of it.

I took photos with my phone and sent them to Al. All he said was " Tasty! "

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

The only time I've had a problem with White Water Snacks was once probably a year ago when they didn't bring me my sandwich. Since then, service has been somewhat slow, but not enough to where I'd demand a refund, walk out, or just not go back.

I figure they're making it fresh, so it's worth the wait.

The last time I ate there though on 8/10 I noticed the fries, although still the best on-property, weren't as good as they normally are... But I wasn't complaining.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    Hmmm, that's odd, because I've eaten once or twice at Whitewater since Morrigoon's last post about the slow service, and everything worked out fine for us.
    You ate there once or twice since yesterday afternoon when Morrigoon posted this thread? I'm confused.

I've noticed that whenever we go there in a large group, it takes forever to get the food, and they ALWAYS without fail lose a ticket or two. The food prices have gone up and the quality of the food has declined. The burgers there used to be the best in the resort. No longer. The buns aren't the same, they aren't served to look appetizing (let's just have an open faced cheeseburger and DUMP the fries over the whole thing and into the cheeseburger, I mean, it all goes to the same place anyway, right?).

I haven't reached the "I'll never, under any circumstances ever eat there again" status with Whitewater (as I have with Storytellers, Catal and Tortilla Jos), but if the group hates it for Sunday afternoons I certainly won't be eating there for a looooooooooooong time.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast