Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splash and GRR

• Minion

Question Splash and GRR

I have a question about these two rides, well not so much the rides but the riders. Why do people go and buy those rain poncho things? Isn't part of the fun getting wet? I just don't get it. Anyone else ponder this? :confused:

• I am a Pluto lover

Its great to get wet on both, but some people arent as warm blooded as others, (my sister) and they freeze until they dry. Plus, if its early in the day, you spend the rest of the day smelling like Chlorine. (sp)

I for one love the getting wet part!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Resident Science Nerd

Well when it's not the middle of summer, then being wet for a couple of hours can be rather uncomfortable. I for one cannot fathom while someone would want to walk around soaking wet after GRR when its 50 degrees out.

• Senior Minion

I don't mind getting wet, either, but there's a matter of degrees. When you ride Splash Mountain, yes, you're going to get wet, but it dries off pretty quickly. It's basically one big splash that does you in.

On GRR, though, you're not so much going to get wet as much as you're going to get soaked. Saturated. Your socks and shoes will splosh around. As some folks on MiceChat will tell you, your feet can be wet most of the day. So it's a matter of degrees. I've always wondered if they heat the water on GRR in winter.

In the end, they're both a blast!

• Official Mice Chat person

My Mom always gets the ponchos, She hates getting wet. I guess some people just like the fun of a boat ride, and not the wet part. And they can enjoy the ride with their family within their comfort. Just my guess.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Exactly...Splash is one of the best rides Disney has ever built, but some people don't want to get wet--they still want to see Disney at its best, though. Grizzly, on the other paw, is a great raft ride but doesn't have much story...they should have at least put a grizzly bear animatronic in the caves...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

It's been a long time since I've gotten uncomfortably wet on Splash.

GRR, however, I just don't go on. You get wet beyond the point of fun.

• Official Mice Chat person

Well, the new logs on Splash really seem to get you more wet, I was drenched on Splash mountain last trip. I sat in front, and a MASSIVE (what seemed like) a tidal wave came pooring over me. I was completely soaked from head to toe, not one dry spot on me.. and I'm really not exagerating. That was the BEST ride I'd ever had on the thing!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Well, the new logs on Splash really seem to get you more wet, I was drenched on Splash mountain last trip. I sat in front, and a MASSIVE (what seemed like) a tidal wave came pooring over me. I was completely soaked from head to toe, not one dry spot on me.. and I'm really not exagerating. That was the BEST ride I'd ever had on the thing!
    I'm pretty sure they added these two streams of water that shoot at you about half way down. Last time, one hit me in the face, so I stood and watched and sure enough, they've added it.

• Look.....at......me!

I don't mind getting wet...except for my jeans. Wet jeans are not comfortable to walk around in all day, which is why I have one of those ponchos. Plus, sometimes people have to go on those rides with their children while not particularly enjoying water rides in the first place. So I think the ponchos are a good thing to have available. Of course, on an extremely hot day, I may be tempted to forego putting the poncho on and revel in being drenched from head to toe!

I have a funny poncho story.
    I usually bring along those 99 cent ponchos you can get at discount stores, in case we are riding on a cold day. I was getting off of GRR, and as usual everyone getting off the ride was soaked...A women waiting to get on the ride freaked out and grabbed my poncho and just started pulling it off me. She just kept saying, "you give me that","you give me that!" It was so funny that of course I gave her my poncho. I'm glad I brought a cheap one instead of buying the nicer Disney ponchos...

Dont see the point of going on water rides if you dont want to get wet, except on a cold day. You do get drenched on GRR but its so much fun that it doesnt matter. On a hot day you soon dry out, especially in the very unshady DCA. I'd say i dried out in about an hour.

• Still wants to be a cat!

In the summer my daughter and I are disappointed if we don't get wet enough on either ride, so we have to ride them again and again until we are completely soaked, I mean dripping! In the winter, won't do GRR, but we take our chances with SM!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• I lurk, therefore I am.

When I was at DCA a couple of years ago, GRR was one of the first rides I went on. I spent the next couple of hours drying out, and didn't ride it again on that trip just because I didn't want to spend another couple of hours extracting wet underwear from uncomfortable crevices. Next trip I plan on wearing swim trunks to the park to avoid this.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn
    I have a question about these two rides, well not so much the rides but the riders. Why do people go and buy those rain poncho things? Isn't part of the fun getting wet? I just don't get it. Anyone else ponder this? :confused:
    VWSpawn..... Stop using logic!

It only get's in the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast