Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Really!?

Wink Crazy Tiki Room Man???

The first time i ever went in the Tiki room, about 2 years ago, the host of the show was an older man. He was REALLY into the show. He did voices & somehow worked himself into most of the show. The man was a little strange & seemed a bit "off" but thats what made him so great!
    During the part where the Female Birds come down & sing, he would prance around the room like it was a ballet. Then near the climax of the show (i forget which song) he would jump in the middle of the room & shake his butt in the faces of anyone who was unfortunate enough to sit in the front row. I instantly fell in love with the tiki room.

I only saw the man twice, and that was in 1 trip. During my last trip i was very dissapointed to see he wasnt there. Instead there was a teenager who was (ok) but he was no where near as great as the old man. He didnt even dance!

Now, has anyone seen this man before? Is he still in the Tiki Room? Is he only there at certain times??????

Re: Crazy Tiki Room Man???

Sounds like Maynard to me

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

yup! good ol' maynard!
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• I'm your huckleberry.

I would LOVE to see Maynard as the host at the Tiki Room! I've only had the pleasure of seeing him on Mansion (my daughter grabbed one of his finger puppets when she was about 3!), HISTA and Jungle Cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• I'm not really here

Is he still there? I'd love to see him sometime

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    I would LOVE to see Maynard as the host at the Tiki Room! I've only had the pleasure of seeing him on Mansion (my daughter grabbed one of his finger puppets when she was about 3!), HISTA and Jungle Cruise.
    I'd love it too. The Enchanted Tiki Room is my fav DL attraction. I've only seen Maynard in the HMansion.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

i can out-do any cm that tries the elongated ALOOOOOOOOOHA! they cant beat me...especially after being doped up on a couple a DWFs hahaha! Joop is the new word for...anything you want

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• insufferable know-it-all

I don't think Maynard does Tiki any more Or Jungle Or Mansion

But you can find him doing F! guest control and sometimes at the Walt Disney Story.

Or if you live in Hawaii, you can hear his as the voice of Menehune Drinking Water.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I don't think Maynard does Tiki any more Or Jungle Or Mansion
    Great, So-So. and Good!

I've been in the Tiki Room once or twice when this guy has put himself in the spotlight. I did not find his dancing amusing. I went in to see the Tiki birds, gods, and flowers perform, but then Maynard has to come out and suddenly he's the show; he ruins it when he does that. I know how much EVERYone seems to just love him, but he needs to learn some boundries. I want to see the Enchanted Tiki Room, not the Enchanted Maynard . As for the Jungle Cruise, you need a skipper who is funny and who doesn't use the same jokes that everyone else uses. Personally I've never had him as a skipper yet, but that's why I say so-so.

But you can find him doing F! guest control and sometimes at the Walt Disney Story.
    Let him stay there, he needs to learn that he's not the show. If he wants to perform so much and dance, then why doesn't he simply audition for a show?

• Genteel Amphibian

The Only Maynard experience I have had was when he was doing HM, he made some girls scream, it was great, made me laugh out loud.

But I would tend to agree InnerSpace that, seeing Maynard dance during the tiki room songs is distracting and would bug me, a lot. I wouldn't go so far as to confining him to crowed control, maybe just set up some boundaries on when and what certain antics can be performed.

• Disneyland Freak

I unfortunately had the experience of watching the Tiki Room with Maynard. He's great with other things where acting by the CM is crucial... Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, etc but the birds are the stars of the Tiki Room and I personally did not like him prancing around distrupting the show. The only thing I did like about him in the Tiki Room which since then I hear from male CMs every once in a while is "Wake up Jose! And don't call me Senorita, this time!"
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Really!?

YES! THATS HIM!
    ive been back to the tiki room after he left. Maybe its because my first experience in the tiki room involved maynard, but IT WAS THE GREATEST TIKI ROOM SHOW I EVER SAW. It sucks that hes not there anymore. I personally dont find the show that entertaining, its cool & i have a higher respect for it because its a classic, but to me, Maynard made that show 50x better.

I find Maynard really annoying. I'm glad he no longer works Haunted Mansion, and it's good to hear he's no longer at the Tiki Room.

Disneyland is the star. Everything else is in the supporting role. -Walt Disney

I couldn't agree with Mr. Disney more.

• Namaste and Good Luck

I saw him at the Wild Animal Park last weekend. He sang a song for my gf and I.
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast