• Dumptruck of Information

The Quest for the Gumball - A Story in 6 Parts. ***Photo Heavy***

This thread is for all members and guests either participiting or considering to join in the fabulousness that is the MiceChat Gumball Rally. The challenge, to attempt to ride every attraction at Disneyland (no DCA) in one day's time. Are you able to take that challenge? Below is the account of one such group attempting their own practice run. If you would like more information about the Gumball Rally (or it's sister event, the MiceQuest), please follow this link: Gumball Rally and MiceQuest Information.

And without any further ado, let the tale commence:

Chapter 1
    Our tale begins on a hot, sunny Sunday morning in August. The two intrepid adventurers, CaptPhoebus and Crazy Legs (along with some very handy sidekicks), set off in search of the fabled Gumball Machine. Unfortunately, due to some poor planning, our two adventurers only had but 1 item to help them throughout the day.

This setback did not deter our trusty adventurers and off they went. Wandering up the Main Street, a talking trash can caught our eye.

The talking trash can, PUSH, informed the two about a marvelous thing called a FASTPASS

PUSH had started to direct our adventurers to the location of the fabled treasure, but the evil agents arrived and threatened “Off with his head!” if he dared help the adventurers further

Quickly leaving the area, afraid of being captured, the adventurers set out to the far off land known as Critter Country, where no evil would seem to go. Or had it? The two set foot for the 100 Acre Woods, hoping for their first lead.

Finding only pots of hunny, they started to look elsewhere

The two found a local, hoping that he might be able to help them out. But he was too busy laughing, to be of much assistance.

But the local was really telling the adventurers where they might look next, the local “laughing place”

No luck at the “laughing place.” The adventurers decide where to look next.

Leaving that Country of Critters behind, the two entered a land full of pirates. The adventurers both agreed that they best be careful sailing in these dangerous territories.

Our brave adventurers managed to sneak aboard the Pirates’ ship. And while they discovered countless treasures, including a heavy chest, they had not found what they were searching for.

Returning to shore, the adventurers decided to wet their whistles at the local saloon, hoping for any leads to their treasure.

Not getting the information they were looking for, an Indian maiden told our adventurers of a legend hidden the nearby Mountain.

“Could this be the fabled Gumball Machine?” our adventurers asked each other. And off they went, deep into the mountain.

There they found lots of yellow ore and machinery, but not what they were looking for.

Having no luck in the area, our trusty adventurers set out to catch the train out of town, but nothing came.

Stay tuned, for there is more of this story to tell…..
    Last edited by CaptPhoebus; 08-15-2006 at 12:53 AM.

Re: The Quest for the Gumball - A Story in 6 Parts. ***Photo Heavy***

Chapter 2
    When last we left our adventurers, they were left waiting for the train. They figured that it would be best to meet up with some other adventurers, hoping that they would have some knowledge of the Gumball Machine.

Unfortunately for our adventurers, they seemed to not know where it is hidden. But fate, as it seems, must have been on their side, as a sign appeared telling them where to head next, the Town of Toons.

As the two trekked the vast distance to the “Toontown,” they got sidetracked onto taking a world cruise:

After the worldly detour, the adventurers found themselves at the Lost Town of Toons. Here, they encountered some local transportation, but as befitting the adventurers, it too did not seem to want to travel.

The two didn’t give up hope, for they called for a cab.

But the cab ride didn’t seem to bring them any closer to their destination.

They tracked down a friendly little mouse named Gadget. She seemed to be helpful in offering a ride for the adventurers.

And like the cab ride, only seemed to end up going in a circle.

The two thirsty adventurers decide to get something to drink. Arriving at the local watering hole, they are offered a plethora of choices to choose from.

Our trusty duo takes a rest for a moment, and takes a moment to stop and smell the roses.

“But wait, these are not roses!” exclaims one.

Our adventurers decide to call the local authorities.

The adventurers, after getting off the phone, head over to the local City Hall to see if they can be any help on their quest.

As the two left there with no new information, we find the authorities arriving.

And a suspicious character tries to make a break for it.

Deciding that their time would be better spent looking elsewhere, they leave this “Toontown.”

Where do our adventurers travel to next? Stay tuned to find out.

Chapter 3
    When we last left our adventurers, they were leaving the Town of Toons. <Insert major plothole here> Our adventurers head over to the Land of Fantasy. Here our adventurers see something suspicious up on the local mountain.

Noticing the same suspicious character from earlier, the duo heads over to investigate.

It appears that the “climbers” just wanted to celebrate, but it left the adventurers stuck on the mountain. Much to their fortune, a flying elephant just happened to come by and rescue the daring duo.

Arriving at the circus, the adventurers discover that the Circus train is down, and a lift out of the town would be unable. But maybe some of the locals will have an idea. The adventurers first run into another mouse, named Timothy, who directs them to one of the local merchants.

The adventurers came across a puppet show, which they decide to watch.

Unfortunately the producer had other plans for the duo.

Luckily for the adventurers, a little help came along.

He mentioned that there was candy over in Pleasure Island. Perhaps that is where the Gumball Machine is. The adventurers decide to check it out.

But unknown to the adventurers at the time, something evil was going on.

Our adventurers had changed, and were then caged.

However, a rogue whale came by, and set the adventurers free.

And thanks to a Blue Fairy, the adventurers were returned to normal. And so the adventure was able to continue. Left a little shaken after all of this, they decided to get another drink.

After the refreshing drink, the duo finds themselves at a gem mine. They manage to find a vehicle worthy to enter the mine.

As they near the entrance of the mine, they come upon a little house, and a friendly homeowner

She informs us that the rest of the homeowners are not home, but are busy working in the mine. And with her permission, we descend into the mine.

But all is not how it seems. Something sinister seems to be happening.

And in a cloud of smoke, her true form appears:

But thanks to some quick thinking dwarves, her plan is thwarted.

All seems to be well now at the mine, but our adventurers are no closer to finding their prize.

More to come, stay tuned….

Chapter 4
    Having left the diamond mine, our intrepid adventurers find within this Land of Fantasy, a land of miniature.

But after traveling through this miniature land, our duo finds themselves in London Town. Perhaps in here, will they find what they seek. So with high hopes, they head to a nearby home.

But all was not as it seemed, for as soon as they knocked, the adventurers were kidnapped by, surprising more, pirates.

All seemed doomed for the adventurers; even the commoners seemed to keep their backs to the wall.

And as if a miracle would happen, the two “on the wall” came to life and set the adventurers free.

After saying their thanks, they find another home, which seems more inviting than the first one.

The owner offers them a car to borrow for their adventure, which they gladly accept.

But the duo end up making a wrong turn at the fork in the road.

And crash into a home of weasels.

The owners press charges, and the adventurers find themselves in court.

They are found guilty, but something terribly goes wrong.

And our adventurers find themselves on “the other side.” But someone decides to offer them a second chance, which they gladly accept.

When the adventurers thought that it couldn’t get any weirder, they happened to come across a little girl.

The girl showed the two adventurers a rabbit hole, which by some strange coincidence they happened to fall into. Being the ever resourceful adventurers, they managed to use a caterpillar to climb out of the hole.

The little girl, ever so grateful, offered the duo a clue as to where they should head to next.

But just where were the adventurers heading to next? Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter.

Chapter 5
    When we last left our adventurers, a little girl was telling them where to head next. She had mentioned that they were off to visit a Space Ranger, who would be able to offer some assistance. But, as the rest of the adventure has gone so far, it was going to be a short lived victory. For the adventurers arrived too late, the Space Ranger was intercepted by the evil agents from earlier in the story.

But not giving up, the two decide to do some space exploring.

But even searching the cosmos, the Gumball Machine did not seem to be found. And unknown to the adventurers, space travel is not without its ill effects.

“Why is there always a line for customs?” asks one adventurer.

The Imagination Institute, maybe here will they have some answers.

“(D)rats! Not here either.” Exclaimed one adventurer. “Perhaps it’s best we leave this area posthaste” the other asks. Hitching a ride on the local transportation, the adventurers say goodbye.

Having left that “Tomorrowland,” the adventurers come across a spectacularly spectacular spectacle.

Looking at each other, the two adventurers ponder whether their quest will ever be over. Stay tuned for the final installment….

Chapter 6
    With all of that celebrating going on, the adventurers can only hope that their quest is nearing an end. Hearing a hunch about celebrating birds, the adventurers make a mad dash to check it out.

Unfortunately, the gods were not happy with all the celebrating. Quickly avoiding the oncoming retribution, the intrepid duo sneaks out (with the drink of the gods).

About to give up, the adventurers run into some familiar faces

They offered some sage advice, which the adventurers gladly accepted, and off they went. They suggested checking out the heart of Africa, where no one has dared go before (except the skipper, every 8 minutes). While exploring, jungle fever set in, and once on land, all the passengers left in a hurry.

But not all was lost for our adventurers, rumors of a strange temple were heard, which the brave adventurers headed out to find.

While no Gumball Machine was found in the temple, the Goddess Mara granted them the insight to find the fabled Gumball Machine.

Returning to the Land of the Beginning, the adventurers found the designated area, The Candy Palace. Quickly finding a familiar shaped bag, one adventurer exclaims “Gumballs!” The other adventurer looks at the bag and says “Sourballs. Not Gumballs.”

Looking deeper into the store, the adventurers find what they’ve been searching for.

And as they pick up their Treasure, and band strikes up a congratulatory song.

The End!

Coming soon, join Crazy Legs and CaptPhoebus on their next spine-tingling adventure: “DCA: What Lies Beyond Those Golden Gates”

• All you need is LOVE

What adventure we had. Please Join us on the next adventure September 30th.

Last edited by Crazy Legs; 08-15-2006 at 12:31 AM.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Awesome pics Capt. Thanks for sharing. I had fun hanging out with you guys. Maybe I'll see you guys next time I'm there and we can get annother "drink of the gods".

• All you need is LOVE

• Don't mess with the duck!

Simply Fab-U-Luss! What a great story. Thank you ever so much for sharing a tour of pretty much the entire wonderous land of Disney.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

"Wow. What an adventure."
    Woo if this doesn't get people fired up...
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

You guys are adorable! I am signed up for the Quest, and I am really looking forward to it!

• Oh my Goodness!

Ooooh. Looks like soo much fun. I want to participate sooo bad, but I'm going to be in Toledo,OH till December w/ work. Anyone from Ohio want to make our own quest?? hehe...wishful thinking i know, but I heard it said once "when you wish upon a star, your dreams come true...." hehe.