• Closet DLR fan

Souvenir questions

I have a handful of questions about souvenirs at Disneyland, and figured I'd toss them all in one thread. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 - I'm really excited to see all of the Halloween merchandise; it's my favorite holiday, and I am really looking forward to getting my hands on some Halloween-themed park souvenirs. However, I won't actually be at the park until October 31st itself - is there going to be anything left? Or will it be like when you go into drug stores on Valentine's Day and there's a little candy left on sale but it's mostly all been taken out to make room for Easter?

2 - I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but it never hurts to ask - are there any other souvenirs you can buy that can be personalized besides the mouse ears? A lot of my friends have unusual and/or oddly-spelled names, and I'm quite sure I won't be able to find, say, POTC keychains with their names on them. However, I really don't see myself wrestling a dozen sets of mouse ears home on the plane...

3 - My parents collect dishtowels! They are a surprisingly hard souvenir to find wherever you go these days, but I would love to be able to bring them back one. (Preferably something vintage-looking, but I'm not really particular.) Has anyone seen them for sale at the parks and/or have a recommendation as to which stores I should check while I'm there? We'll be going to DCA as well if anyone has seen them there...

As I said, any answers I can get would be awesome. Thank you!

Re: Souvenir questions

Quote Originally Posted by skycrashesdown
    3 - My parents collect dishtowels! They are a surprisingly hard souvenir to find wherever you go these days, but I would love to be able to bring them back one. (Preferably something vintage-looking, but I'm not really particular.) Has anyone seen them for sale at the parks and/or have a recommendation as to which stores I should check while I'm there? We'll be going to DCA as well if anyone has seen them there...
    Try the Market House on Main Street for the towels.

As for for the Halloween stuff, you can call DelivEARS and get anything through them if you don't want to wait until Halloween. 1-800-362-4533 (I think that's the right number).

• is on the rocks

Regarding #2, you can get a personalized name badge (that looks similar to what the CMs wear). They have several different ones that I can recall: a red one w/ Mickey Mouse, a pink one w/ princesses and a golden 50th anniversary one (also w/ Mickey). You'll find it at a little kiosk just past the right-hand entrance tunnel as you enter the park (the train station will be on your left).

• I'm not really here

There are also Christmas ornaments that can be personalized.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Oh my Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl
    Regarding #2, you can get a personalized name badge (that looks similar to what the CMs wear). They have several different ones that I can recall: a red one w/ Mickey Mouse, a pink one w/ princesses and a golden 50th anniversary one (also w/ Mickey). You'll find it at a little kiosk just past the right-hand entrance tunnel as you enter the park (the train station will be on your left).
    I believe there is also a Purple Tink one and a (blue?) stich one. I don't know if the red Mickey one is there anymore...but those are fun. You can make them into name badges, keychains or magnets. They aren't too pricey either. Like 6 or 7 bucks, as compaired to the ears. Also in frontierland there is another little keychain place. They have a wide range of things to choose from and you can personalize all of it. As you go in the Frontierland enterance from the hub just keep walking strait and you'll run right into it. For something a little nicer, but a little pricey is the crystal shops (one on main street and one in NoS) You can get differant glasses (wine glasses, small and large mugs, vases, shot glasses ect) personalized with differant characters on them. One really cool one they have right now is an awesome Pirate ship! My family has a bunch of these. They are pretty and unique and considering aren't too badly priced. They can be done in an hour and if you want can be shipped back to you. Can't think of anything else at the moment. Hope that helps!

• Oh my Goodness!

Oh and in regards to the Halloween stuff, I would imagine they will still have plenty on the 31st. They still sometimes have had stuff over Thanksgiving. I wouldn't worry too much.

• Closet DLR fan

Oh yeah, I forgot all about the name badges! Those will be perfect. *crosses fingers for tea towels* Thank you, everyone!

• Neep meep beep

My advice would be to change your friends, and get some with names that correspond with souvenier items. Priorities, people!

Towels- Available at Market House on Main Street
    Halloween Stuff- As previously mentioned, on the day of a holiday (except New Years Eve) the amount of merchandise available is ALWAYS in bad shape. I would suggest DelivEARS as mentioned previously.

Personalizable merchandise:

Ears- this also includes the felt type pirate black hats featuring either Mickey or Captain Hook, the cowboy hat, or peter pan hat- all offer free embroidering at any hat writing location.
    Pre-done keychains- Widely available in many different names across the parks. Designs currently available are 'Mickey and Friends' and 'Pirate Mickey'
    Personalized Name Badges- designs available are: 50th gold, princess, stitch, and a few others I can't remember. Engraving locations are at Le Petite Chalet (the souvie kiosk just north of the Matterhorn) and Guide II (the souvie kiosk right after the east tunnel upon entrance to the park)
    These name badges also include a kit that allows them to become keychains as well.

Additionally for $7 a line, many soft-line items for sale in the park can have custom embroidering at the Disney Showcase store (first big store on your right hand side entering mainstreet). Popular choices include embrodering baseball caps.
    Also, Pioneer Mercantile (big store in frontierland) offers leather writing, but alas, I am at a loss to what that entails.

Also on Mainstreet are the silohuette artists who can cut out and make a personalized silohuette for anyone .
    The class cutters in the Arriba Bros. shops can also personalize their products (the crystal shops are located both on mainsteet and in New Orleans Square).
    Also New Orleans square offers some sort of personalized parasol service if memory serves.

And if you want to get really nitty-gritty, sometimes in Candy Palace on mainstreet the machine is present and works, can produce personalized collectible coins. The machine was over by the Coke Corner section of the store last time I checked.

In conclusion, there are many many personalized gifts available at the Happiest Place on Earth.

There's my pitch. My managers better give me a raise for all the business I continually drum up here.[smilie=7,22,5]
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd