Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: COMPLAINT REPORT: Temple of the Broken Ride, Haunted Mansion, Disney's Gum Advent

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Another problem is the fact that CMs kill every ounce of mood and setting when they yell out "2 or 3 guests per Buggy!" I understand why they do it, because people are too busy chatting to listen when the Ghost Host tell them, but its really just bad.
    Why is this bad show?? I don't think this is a problem that needs to be fixed. Maybe if they added lightening effects in the loading area, it would enhance that part of the ride, but the Cast Members are not the problem, they're hardly the problem. What kills the mood and setting is the people that think it's "cool" or "funny" to scream at the top of the lungs, not just in the stretching chamber, but throughout the whole ride.

• The one, the only...

Re: COMPLAINT REPORT: Temple of the Broken Ride, Haunted Mansion, Disney's Gum Adventure

I agree with MasterGracey on this one. It should be evident that those buggies cannot hold 10 people! I think that if a large family attempted to all get in one, then it would be appropriate to yell out "2 or 3 per buggy." I would think it is common sense, but they have been saying "two or three per buggy" for a while. Maybe it is some government mandate.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Re: COMPLAINT REPORT: Temple of the Broken Ride, Haunted Mansion, Disney's Gum Advent

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace
    Why is this bad show?? I don't think this is a problem that needs to be fixed. Maybe if they added lightening effects in the loading area, it would enhance that part of the ride, but the Cast Members are not the problem, they're hardly the problem. What kills the mood and setting is the people that think it's "cool" or "funny" to scream at the top of the lungs, not just in the stretching chamber, but throughout the whole ride.
    What kills the mood for me is the spanish safety spiel. Completely unnecessary.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: COMPLAINT REPORT: Temple of the Broken Ride, Haunted Mansion, Disney's Gum Adventure

It sounded like you were talking about WDW's Mansion there. Ours is in a really bad state as well. The scrims int he geraveyard look awful, bad projections... just overall bad show and in a of a major refurb.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace
    So you are a guest, in line to board, the candlelight is flickering, the Ghost Host is wrapping up the walk-through portion of his spiel, the music is playing in the background. The cobwebs are faintly blowing in an otherwise unaccounted for slight breeze. You're looking at the line of people boaring their buggies, the Cast Members helping them on in a forboding silence-
    Then, all of a sudden, a Cast Member turns around, addresses the line, and bellows "REMEMBER - TWO TO THREE GUESTS PER BUGGY!"

...Yeah, totally kills the mood. Bad show.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

HAUNTED LIGHTING
    The Haunted Mansion, my favorite attraction, frustrates me like no other with one simple problem: lighting. Disney needs to arrange a way to get consistant lighting in the attraction. Maybe I'm the only one who notices, but it really kills the atmosphere when I can see the ceiling tiles in the Load Area (Limbo) and in the Graveyard. Another problem is the fact that CMs kill every ounce of mood and setting when they yell out "2 or 3 guests per Buggy!" I understand why they do it, because people are too busy chatting to listen when the Ghost Host tell them, but its really just bad.
    The scrim throughout the attraction is a disaster. I don't if Disney thinks that its just not that obvious, but seeing tears, runs, and loogies on the scrim in the graveyard is way more noticeable than they'd like to admit. It isn't just something they can ignore anymore: it's gotten to the point of BAD SHOW. The scrim isn't something that you should be able to notice in the Haunted Mansion. It's supposed to give an ethereal quality to the show scenes - to make the ghosts look more ghostly. If you actually notice it's there, it just looks like its some weird screen that Disney put up so people wouldnt be able to walk into the show scenes if they hopped off their Doom Buggies.
    Another big problem of mine is that you can clearly see where the scrim meets the ceiling of the graveyard and see all of the ceiling tiles. Aren't we supposed to believe that we're outside in the middle of a haunted evening? Seeing the ceiling doesn't allow me to believe any of that. Also, as you exit the Attic window and enter the graveyard, I shouldn't be able to clearly see that strings are holding up the tree's branches/arms.
    There is a new sign at the exit to the Mansion though, promoting the new Disney's HalloweenTime. Sorry, this photo is so bad, it was taken with my Sidekick and the lighting made the picture turn out really bad. I tried to fix it in Photoshop, but it just wasn't workin'..
    This is my all time favorite ride.
    I do agree w/ much of what Master Gracey has said. There's even a few other items that bother me (like the exit sign that glows in the glass in the ballroom...hate that...but it did get better..it was worse). The graveyard has always needed work. I love it, but it needs work..especially the first set of ghost playing on the instruments...have you noticed that they playing the air because the instruments aren't even close to them?).
    Anyway...I love the ride..take care of it. I really love it for the old time magic that it has. They are putting new technology in it..but it's so fun to hear people think it's hollograms w/ it's all old magician's magic.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

So you are a guest, in line to board, the candlelight is flickering, the Ghost Host is wrapping up the walk-through portion of his spiel, the music is playing in the background. The cobwebs are faintly blowing in an otherwise unaccounted for slight breeze. You're looking at the line of people boaring their buggies, the Cast Members helping them on in a forboding silence-
    Then, all of a sudden, a Cast Member turns around, addresses the line, and bellows "REMEMBER - TWO TO THREE GUESTS PER BUGGY!"

...Yeah, totally kills the mood. Bad show.
    As posted, I love the mansion and I thought i knew most of the items in the ride.
    In July I noticed a yellow (I think yellow) rope light coming down the staircase when the "doombuggies" return. When did that get put in and why? It looks cheap. I also think some of the cobwebs need fixing. It's a great ride. It deserves attention. The history on this ride is just incredible and so are the old time effects!
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I Love Disneyland!!

Great observations MG! sad to hear though...

Did anyone mention the hundreds of pieces of gum stuck to the walls in the Indy queue as you come down the stairs to get into your Jeep? We were shocked to see so much gum stuck to the walls! That couldn't all have been placed there in one day... it looked like it had been over-looked for a while!

I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

There's been a wad of gum stuck near one of the portraits in the streching room (in HM) for almost half a year now, and every time I see it I'm rather disappointed

I hope HM gets new scrims when they dress it up for the holidays.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of these HM CMs yelling every 5 seconds. The hiring situation must be pretty bad now.

Indy needs a nice, heavy refurb. As I've stated in other threads, the rat room needs some serious improvement, and I feel they should scrap the current effect they have right now all-together.

I'm SO disgusted by all the gum lying around...every time I go to the park I touch a wad by accident because some jerk decided to put it under the damn handrail. It's not nice, people! You can swallow or throw out the darn thing, you know! I hope karma nicks them and they touch some sticky, wet gum...eww...

• Lowering Expectations

It is most un-like Mastergracey to make complaints about upkeep at DLR, let alone create a thread about it. Having not personally been to the resort in a month, it must be that bad.

Not to say that upkeep shouldn't always be top-notch, but the park's condition during the 50th has been so good, especially at the beginning, that it's almost like we've been spoiled. We expect fresh paint and sparkling grounds and no bulbs out, and now negligence sticks out like sore thumbs. It did before, but it does even more so now. Ten years ago, stuff like this was more common and blended into the grimy, gummy background, so to speak.

The 50th shouldn't be the end, it should be built upon. Which makes you really hope all that "Remember when" stuff from the 50th doesn't mean you won't see upkeep like that again.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    It is most un-like Mastergracey to make complaints about upkeep at DLR, let alone create a thread about it. Having not personally been to the resort in a month, it must be that bad.

Not to say that upkeep shouldn't always be top-notch, but the park's condition during the 50th has been so good, especially at the beginning, that it's almost like we've been spoiled. We expect fresh paint and sparkling grounds and no bulbs out, and now negligence sticks out like sore thumbs. It did before, but it does even more so now. Ten years ago, stuff like this was more common and blended into the grimy, gummy background, so to speak.

The 50th shouldn't be the end, it should be built upon. Which makes you really hope all that "Remember when" stuff from the 50th doesn't mean you won't see upkeep like that again.
    Thanks - you're right, I normally don't complain too much, and I usually let things slide if I see anything in poor condition because I can understand what a task it must be - even with a large team to maintain the Resort.

It is however, getting bad and I just don't want to see it get worse. I don't think its okay to let the parks slip into decay again simply because the spotlight of the 50th is moving on. Just because they may be expecting less crowds and there will be less media focus now, is no excuse to let the parks become substandard... especially with admission prices being raised again at the beginning of the new year.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Minion

I feel the same way Mastergracey. I have to agree about Soarin that the screen looks disgusting, dryed spit on the screens. Sadako and MG have covered it dead on. Then on Indy on Sunday, none of the Chamber doors would light up. Then we were stuck in the darkness for about 20 minutes underneath the rolling rock.
    I was on Space and half way through the music cut out,and I thought for sure the ride would go down but it did not. It was strange at first too not have the music.
    Then on Pirate's, our boat was stuck on the top of the waterfall near the end for about 30 minutes. So lot of weird stuff going on. Also the Fox in Splash Mountain that sits on the spout has been gone for a couple of months. All the things mentioned have been slowly coming to light, predictions of the 50th aftermath are unfortunately coming true.

Though I will say that was a fun day at the park as the lines weren't that bad. And Monday was packed.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 08-16-2006 at 12:53 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

First, a big thank you to both MasterGracey and Sadako for their accounts of maintenance problems at the parks. While there are clearly problem areas, I'm surprised how well Disneyland has held up under the huge crowds this year. I urge all to keep in mind that the parks always suffer by the end of summer. Long hours, huge crowds, and a lack of ride closures during busy seasons all lead to the end of Summer being the height of Disneyland's maintenance problems.

The good news is that the Fall and early Spring is typically the time of renewal. Attractions begin to close for their refurbs, and budgets get approved for upgrades, painting, etc.

Now, I don't want any of you to think that I condone problems with the attractions. I do think that there should be enough graveyard maintenance staff to keep attractions in tip top condition, but that hasn't been the case these past 10 years or so. But we should expect to see great improvement as soon as Summer ends.

Let's hope that the Disney park managers are reading these threads so they know what to fix first.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    In July I noticed a yellow (I think yellow) rope light coming down the staircase when the "doombuggies" return.
    Last I heard from a CM (so take it with a grain of salt), is that they want to make sure that CMs stay back from the double-yellow stripe that is next to the buggies. There was a problem with people steping into the area, and possibly getting hit by the oncoming cars. So, they added some lighting to help them see their way. Sounds reasonable enough.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    First, a big thank you to both MasterGracey and Sadako for their accounts of maintenance problems at the parks. While there are clearly problem areas, I'm surprised how well Disneyland has held up under the huge crowds this year. I urge all to keep in mind that the parks always suffer by the end of summer. Long hours, huge crowds, and a lack of ride closures during busy seasons all lead to the end of Summer being the height of Disneyland's maintenance problems.

The good news is that the Fall and early Spring is typically the time of renewal. Attractions begin to close for their refurbs, and budgets get approved for upgrades, painting, etc.

Now, I don't want any of you to think that I condone problems with the attractions. I do think that there should be enough graveyard maintenance staff to keep attractions in tip top condition, but that hasn't been the case these past 10 years or so. But we should expect to see great improvement as soon as Summer ends.

Let's hope that the Disney park managers are reading these threads so they know what to fix first.

-Dusty
    Thanks for your imput, Dusty. However, major issues lie with attractions that have been having issues for a long time like the Mansion and Indy.

The scrim in the Mansion's graveyard should have been changed long long ago - and theres no excuse why Disney hasn't changed the scrim considering that the attraction goes down twice a year for the Holiday overlay installation and removal.

Indy has been on a steady decline since well before this summer - its only now that its truly gotten out of control.

Something needs to be done. I hate complaining, and I can only imagine what it's like to maintain all of this stuff, but its just annoying when the long-standing issues like Indy and Mansion are getting increasingly worse.

But I still hold hope that these problems will be addressed this fall during the off-season...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast