Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please note.

• Minion

You dont get it. There is a big rivalry between OC and LA. OC does NOT like being called LA, and LA is just jellous of OC. Then there is the red headed stepchild, Long Beach that both OC and LA beat on. If your not from around here, you just cant get it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Im just tired of people saying DL is in LA. I lived in the OC for the first 27 years of my life. I have lived in LA for 1 year and TOTALLY miss the OC. At any point in the OC, DL is 15-20 mins away. DL is at LEAST 1 hour away from LA. FRICKIN 5 FREEWAY!!!! ARG!!!

LA sucks, but thats were my job is. To bad all the entertainment jobs are here on Burbank..... Univ can eat my shorts.
    Awww, I live in L.A. County, and it only takes me about 45 minutes to get to DL. Including travel on the "gosh darn" 5! Less than that when there's little traffic. But it does take longer and you are on the 5 more from Burbank, that's true. There are a lot of entertainment jobs in Hollywood, too! You should start an entertainment company in "O.C."

and dshimel, the Denver Broncos play in Denver, not Lakewood. It may be the Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium,*puke* but it's right next to where the old Mile High Stadium was... in Denver proper.
    (And some of us are still mad at NY's football teams for moving to Jersey and not changing their names. )
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

You dont get it. There is a big rivalry between OC and LA. OC does NOT like being called LA,
    Too bad, because they are L.A. It is the Los Angeles metro, NOT Orange County metro.

If your not from around here, you just cant get it.
    Oh, I'm "from" there. I was born in West Covina, lived in the Clairmont/Montclair areas (San Berdo county) for a bit, lived in OC for a bit...

Since leaving L.A. I've lived in San Diego, Hawaii (Oahu, Ewa Beach), Virgina, Colorado, and now Phoenix metro (Scottsdale).

Whenever anyone asks where I'm from, I'm from L.A. I don't say, I was born in L.A. county, then lived in San Berdo. county, then moved to OC for a bit before ending up back in L.A. by the time I graduated high school.

EVERYTHING from Camp Pendalton to Santa Barbara, ocean to Indio... IT'S ALL LOS ANGELES METRO.

Accept it, or go to your grave mad at the universe that you live in Los Angeles metro area.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I guess the thing about re-naming the baseball team didn't help.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Too bad, because they are L.A. It is the Los Angeles metro, NOT Orange County metro.
    Orange County might be considered part of "LA Metro", but it ain't L.A. itself.

Let's see you pull that nonsense on a New Jerseyite, and call Newark "New York". They'll leave you in a trash dumpster you say that.

Don't be dissin' on my home county, playa. You might've lived there once, but that don't make you a local.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob66
    Orange County might be considered part of "LA Metro", but it ain't L.A. itself.
    No, Orange County is not the City of Los Angeles... it's a tumor of suburbs... A malignant mass of sprawl and generica feeding off the host that is Los Angeles. A part of the whole, but the unwanted growth that the host would perfer to do without.

How dat fer dissin?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    No, Orange County is not the City of Los Angeles... it's a tumor of suburbs... A malignant mass of sprawl and generica feeding off the host that is Los Angeles. A part of the whole, but the unwanted growth that the host would perfer to do without.

How dat fer dissin?
    [Schwarzenegger accent]IT'S NAWT A TUMAH![/Schwarzenegger accent]

"Perfer"?

Your attempt at dissing really doesn't make much sense.

By the way, I said "DON'T" be dissin' my home county. Yet you went right ahead and did it anyway, after I clearly requested that you refrain.

Mods? How do you handle this?
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123