• Imagineer in training

Question about May 4th...

I know that all us Mice Chatters would NEVER go to Disneyland without some advanced planning, but does anyone know what Disneyland Guest Relations is doing to prepare themselves for the inevitable thousands of paying guests who are unaware that Disneyland is CLOSED? I'd be pretty ticked if I brought my family down for a trip to find out that the place is shut down for a day.

Let's all hope that travel agents and area hotels are keeping their guests informed!

Footnote:
    Granted, the parks have closed in the past (i.e. 9/11; power outage in 1983. WDW during the hurricanes last year). From my understanding, the staff dealt with these circumstances beyond professionally.

I have a hard time feeling sympathetic for anyone that shows up on May 4th and gets upset once they find out that Disneyland is closed. Disneyland is a place of business, it is not required by law to be open everyday. They can close their gates at anytime or for any reason. Given that, just like any other place of business that you are traveling too, its a good rule of thumb to call or check to make sure it is open that day. If you decide to assume it will be open then you really can't blame anyone but yourself. Besides, there is always California Adventure

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by DarylF
    I know that all us Mice Chatters would NEVER go to Disneyland without some advanced planning, but does anyone know what Disneyland Guest Relations is doing to prepare themselves for the inevitable thousands of paying guests who are unaware that Disneyland is CLOSED? I'd be pretty ticked if I brought my family down for a trip to find out that the place is shut down for a day.

Let's all hope that travel agents and area hotels are keeping their guests informed!

Footnote:
    Granted, the parks have closed in the past (i.e. 9/11; power outage in 1983. WDW during the hurricanes last year). From my understanding, the staff dealt with these circumstances beyond professionally.
    Frankly, I think it's a valid... and interesting question. I guess we'll find out May 5th.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Senior Minion

My suspicion is that anyone who shows up at Disneyland on May 4th unknowingly will probably be invited to enjoy the wonders and excitement of Disney's California Adventure.

Which is sort of fitting. For if you don't know about Disneyland being closed on the 4th, you probably don't know much about DCA, either...