Afternoon parade viewing tip

Here's a tip for afternoon parade viewing that I have never seen before and stumbled upon by accident. I was at the park in late July and I had seen Parade of Dreams so I wasn't really interested in seeing it again. We got in line for It's a Small World a few minutes before the parade started from that end of the park. As we were waiting in line a cast memeber came by and said that anyone who wanted to watch the parade could move to the outside line, the one away from the attraction, watch the parade and then move on in the line when it was over. Seems that they close that line when the parade starts so they don't care if you stand there.

Well, about 15 of us stood there in the line space and watched the parade come out and go right by us. We got all the private attention of the characters, had a fantastic view of the parade, and no crowd. Timing on this would be critical but it's a great way to see the parade upclose without a long wait.

• Popular Princess

Re: Afternoon parade viewing tip

cool! i noticed that they close one side of the line and leave the other open, but i did not know why. thank you for pointing that out. we didn't actually watch the parade from there, although we did take advantage of the fact that the line is almost non-existent during the parade.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Neep meep beep

I've always recommended on this board that the beginning points of any parade, like where you were at It's a Small World", are the best places to see a parade. More so when you are in an area where the characters don't divide attention between both sides of the street. Good find!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

That's where I took the picture I use for my avatar....great spot!

• I'm not really here

I had wondered about that to. Now I know and am definitely going to be watching parades from now on at that spot... and then jumping on iasw

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Lost in Wonderland

Lately they've been letting people watch from there, but there have been many days when they make everyone keep moving. (Maybe it depends upon the cast members working that day?)

At the far end (towards the parade gate) they always have a cast member dispatching the floats, so they sometimes get in the way of people's photos or video recording. But they're there for a reason-- for your and the performers' SAFETY. They need to make sure that the floats make it safely out the gate.