Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end (Merged)

    As of January 3rd, 2007, AAA will no longer offer the Enhanced Fastpass option if you stay at one of the Disney owned hotels.

    This was a decision Disney made.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  2. #2

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,518

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    This was the right decision to make. The Enhanced FastPass feature was unfair to average guests in that it made them wait longer than they would normally in a way that was effectively equivalent to that of Universal's Front-of-the-Line Pass.

    Rationing attraction capacity should not be done in a way that extorts more money from guests by threatening them with longer lines and longer wait times.

    Disney should be applauded for treating all of its customers with respect.

  3. #3

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,118

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    I'd say this is at least a step in the right direction for Disney.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  4. #4

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    This was the right decision to make. The Enhanced FastPass feature was unfair to average guests in that it made them wait longer than they would normally in a way that was effectively equivalent to that of Universal's Front-of-the-Line Pass.
    Disneyland has always been a 'get what you pay for' type of place. A lesser example of this were the ticketbooks, better rides for a bigger price. A modern day example are things like Club 33, and the Fantasmic! dessert seating.
    It is in no way 'unfair'. It is available to anyone, it's not Disney's fault that some don't have the funds. Should they take away character breakfasts also? Those are pricey too.

  5. #5

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,518

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Disneyland has always been a 'get what you pay for' type of place. A lesser example of this were the ticketbooks, better rides for a bigger price. A modern day example are things like Club 33, and the Fantasmic! dessert seating.
    It is in no way 'unfair'. It is available to anyone, it's not Disney's fault that some don't have the funds. Should they take away character breakfasts also? Those are pricey too.
    Someone's purchase of an option such as a membership to the previously-discreet Club 33 does not have a negative impact on other guests. Enhanced FastPass did.

    The "A"-"E" ticket books were a different way of rationing attraction capacity that was completely fair. You paid for what you got.

    With Enhanced FastPass, you pay so that Disney doesn't arbitrarily impose a cost on you in the form of a long wait time and a long line, and, in so doing, you force everyone around you to wait that much longer so that you don't have to.

  6. #6

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    With Enhanced FastPass, you pay so that Disney doesn't arbitrarily impose a cost on you in the form of a long wait time and a long line, and, in so doing, you force everyone around you to wait that much longer so that you don't have to.
    Then logically you should disagree with the whole fastpass system. For the fact that you are making others wait because you took the time to get a ticket an hour ago for that ride and they didn't. Money has nothing to do with your point.
    It still remains fair. Anyone can go on aaa.com and buy the $50 membership and book a vacation with them at a resort hotel to get enh. FP. If AAA didn't let everyone join...then it wouldn't be fair.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    373

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    fast passes in general arent fair...is it really fair that its a first come first serve basis? for some...time=money. so enhanced is definately not completely fair but the whole system itself is not fair. i dont want to say its impossible to find a "perfect" system...but pretty much any system u can think of has its perks and its drawbacks. i just got back from my trip and enhanced fast pass would be worth it if u have a particularly slow or group or if u feel u "must" get to everything. otherwise if u know fast pass rules u can get to more than one e-ticket ride and go and enjoy other attractions.

  8. #8

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Disneyland has always been a 'get what you pay for' type of place. A lesser example of this were the ticketbooks, better rides for a bigger price. A modern day example are things like Club 33, and the Fantasmic! dessert seating.
    It is in no way 'unfair'. It is available to anyone, it's not Disney's fault that some don't have the funds. Should they take away character breakfasts also? Those are pricey too.









    I agree...You get what you PAY for.

    Personally, since I never used the "enhanced" version, I won't miss them.

    The "other" way has worked just fine for us.

  9. #9

    • A Pirate's Life For Me
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    504

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Someone's purchase of an option such as a membership to the previously-discreet Club 33 does not have a negative impact on other guests. Enhanced FastPass did.

    The "A"-"E" ticket books were a different way of rationing attraction capacity that was completely fair. You paid for what you got.

    With Enhanced FastPass, you pay so that Disney doesn't arbitrarily impose a cost on you in the form of a long wait time and a long line, and, in so doing, you force everyone around you to wait that much longer so that you don't have to.
    Sorry Prag, it has been a year and I still do not get this. And I will try to not drag up old arguments.

    The A-E ticket books look very similar to EFP to me in a general sense. In the good old ticket book days people who had financial resources could buy more tickets and keep riding say Matterhorn over and over again, making the line longer. In fact I distinctly remember when I was 7 or 8 my father explaining to me his version of why the Matterhorn line was so long (as we walked past the long line one night) - it was teenagers who kept riding and then getting back in line to ride again.

    In fact, this would make the ticket books worse than EFP, as EFP only affects a handful of rides (the FP rides) while ticket books could affect any one of them.

    Prag may remember this about me, but for others sake - I have never used EFP myself, and as far as regular FP is concerned I use it to the max but will not argue in its favor per se. But like the world, DLR is not and has never been a place which is 100% fair. Also like the world, we should attempt a level of fairness which is tolerable but recognize that it will never be 100% fair.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    869

    Angry AAA fastpasses gone 2007/FP phase out too

    I gleened this info from another board:

    Jan 6,07 no more AAA EFP, plus Disney is rumored to do away with ALL fastpasses at some point. They claim they can move people faster without them claiming 30 min wait times even at peak.

    just what I heard

    anyone???
    Janette



  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    155

    Re: AAA fastpasses gone 2007/FP phase out too


  12. #12

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,118

    Re: AAA fastpasses gone 2007/FP phase out too

    Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget
    plus Disney is rumored to do away with ALL fastpasses at some point. They claim they can move people faster without them claiming 30 min wait times even at peak.
    Took them this long to figure that out?

    I ve been saying for years that fp doesn't work.

    Hope the rumor is true.......
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  13. #13

    • a wind to shake the stars
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    935

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    The other thread on this subject said that all fastpasses would be phased out eventually. Is that correct?

  14. #14

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,118

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    Quote Originally Posted by The International
    The other thread on this subject said that all fastpasses would be phased out eventually. Is that correct?
    Just a rumor.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  15. #15

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,518

    Re: AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end

    Quote Originally Posted by HydroGuy
    The A-E ticket books look very similar to EFP to me in a general sense. In the good old ticket book days people who had financial resources could buy more tickets and keep riding say Matterhorn over and over again, making the line longer. In fact I distinctly remember when I was 7 or 8 my father explaining to me his version of why the Matterhorn line was so long (as we walked past the long line one night) - it was teenagers who kept riding and then getting back in line to ride again.
    Just because someone is visiting an attraction more than once does not mean that he or she is cutting in front of other people who were there before him or her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Enhanced fast pass
    By mghip in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 05:52 PM
  2. Something Old, Something New, Something Enhanced.
    By techskip in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 04:58 PM
  3. USH's enhanced 'VIP Experience'
    By ALIASd in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 06:49 PM
  4. AAA Enhanced Fastpasses to end (Merged)
    By Leofoenget in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 08:50 PM
  5. AAA Enhanced Fastpass for 2006?
    By Neon Cactus in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 08:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •