• Shaman of the Whills

Another AP question... a couple actually.

Hi guys and gals!

Newest member here and a bunch of questions.
    We're just about to move to SoCal in a couple more days and I have some questions re: the AP's.

1. For all you PAP holders. How often do you visit the park annually?

2. When purchasing the AP's in the park, do you need to have everyone physically there? I'm thinking of the kids, do they get their picture taken?

3. The only type of photo ID we have for our kids are their passports. How would we prove their SoCal residency?

4. I'm guessing you can only upgrade park hopper tickets on the day they expire, right?

5. PAP will give you a discount and a Disney CC will give a discount as well, do they stack?

Thank you for your help!

Re: Another AP question... a couple actually.

Last year I hit the park about 55 times.

2. When purchasing the AP's in the park, do you need to have everyone physically there? I'm thinking of the kids, do they get their picture taken?
    From what I understand yes, since they need to have their pictures taken.

3. The only type of photo ID we have for our kids are their passports. How would we prove their SoCal residency?
    Why do you need to prove SoCal residency if you are getting a Premium Pass? If you are getting So.Cal I'm sure you can prove it as their parent (Last name, address etc)

4. I'm guessing you can only upgrade park hopper tickets on the day they expire, right?
    No, from my understanding you can go in at anytime prior to them expiring just not after they expire.

5. PAP will give you a discount and a Disney CC will give a discount as well, do they stack?
    Nothing stacks, it is one or the other. I think your Premium AP is the larger discount (15% at most places). But you CC will give you things like photo opportunities at DCA and free stroller rentals. I think it will also get you discounts at WDW wich you Disneyland AP will not.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Danny

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alestro Bakai
    When I had PAP, I would go at least 50 times a year, sometimes more.

They don't have to physically be there, but you do have to get your picture taken the first time you use the AP. Yup, munchkins too.

I think they assume they live with you. If you live in SoCal, you should be fine.

Correcto.

Most fine print is "not valid with any other discount or offer". Now if your Disney CC gives you cash back or something, then you'd still get that, but if both are offering say 15% off a purchase, you only get 15%, not 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Neep meep beep

Hi guys and gals!

We're just about to move to SoCal in a couple more days and I have some questions re: the AP's.

Thank you for your help!
    Hello and welcome to the boards! I have only a few answers for you:

1. PAPs can visit 365.
    2. To purchase, you don't need to be physically present. To validate the pass, however, you do need to have everyone present for the picture.
    3. Annual passes don't need photo ID, just "proof of residency". I'm sure Disneyland has all ages getting passes, and school records, or a parent vouching for them, should be enough.
    4. You can upgrade parkhopper tickets any time before they expire.
    5. Have no idea, sorry.

• Banned User

Hi guys and gals!

Thank you for your help!

1. I persoanlly go 2-3 times a month living an hour away with my deluxe AP.
    2. Everyone needs their photo on the AP the day they buy the AP.
    3. Their area code or city/town
    4. Yes
    5. Disney store also gives you a discount on tickets

• insufferable know-it-all

Hi guys and gals!

At least 2-3 times a month
    Not when you purchase them, at that point they give you a paper ticket, which, if lost, cannot be replaced. You take that ticket and use it to get in the gate, after which you go to the AP center for processing. That's why it's best to have the kids there... less opportunity to lose the paper ticket.
    I'm sure proving your own would do the trick.
    You can upgrade a park hopper any day that it's valid (eg: not after you've used it all up, but any time before). However, if you're buying any less than a premium AP, you might want to wait till the last day just to be sure there are no blockouts during your initial trip. Incidentally, if you're upgrading from a parkhopper, ya pretty much need the kiddos there. It's not like when you're just buying the AP from scratch.
    *snort!* I doubt it.
    Thank you for your help!
    You're welcome. Hope it helps!

Here's an additional tip: lots of families will do this... the grownups (who have cars and therefore need parking) will get PAPs, and then get the kids deluxes. The benefit is two-fold: not paying for parking and discounts you don't need (because there will always be an adult present), and having some times when mom & dad can go (date night!) that the kids can't, and it's not because "mom and dad are mean" but because the passes are blocked

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    The benefit is two-fold: not paying for parking and discounts you don't need (because there will always be an adult present), and having some times when mom & dad can go (date night!) that the kids can't, and it's not because "mom and dad are mean" but because the passes are blocked
    How very devious.... I like it. If we were local, we would do that at renewal time. As it is, we all four have PAPs because we travel from Stockton and can't have anybody blocked. My DH would love your plan, he's all for date nights, but we never seem to get them.

As far as how often we visit the park, the answer is NOT AS MUCH AS I'D LIKE! We have been twice since we got our PAPs in April and are going back in October. I would go each and every day if I could.

• A Pirate's life for me!

You've got some great responses from the others on questions 2-5, so I'll just throw my 2 cents in on question #1.

We live in the Bay Area and visit the Resort at least five times per year, about a week each trip. I would guess that we do about 20-24 "gate entry's" per year. Divide that by the cost of the PAP and the price per entry is dirt cheap (especially considering the value of "dirt" in CA...LOL). Add to the equation the discount on food, goodies and the DL Hotel, and Disney practically pays US to have an AP!

Hope this little tidbit of info helps!

Enjoy!

• Minion

We've had about 27 gate entries. We go 3-4 times a year for a week or so each time. We are from northern CA so we can't get there as often as some.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Shaman of the Whills

Thank you very much everyone for you help!

I got all the information I needed! I'm definitely sure now that a PAP is the way to go. I figured we'd go that many times (50+), I just wanted to make sure we're not insane to think that.