Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Motorboat Lagoon / Submarine Lagoon

I wonder if anyone at Disneyland management has given any thought to reopening the MOTORBOAT CRUISE to help soak up crowds when the area returns with the new NEMO SUB VOYAGE.

Does anybody have any news on this, as the rock work progresses and the makeover of the Submarine lagoon moves forward, the void in the adjacent Motorboat lagoon is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

I can visualize the OC Register's lead when they report on the Submarine reopening:

"Even as the submarine lagoon comes back to life after 12 years of emptiness, the adjacent motorboat lagoon lies still, boats no longer plying these waters. Disney is coming back, but this one ride is not going to restore Tomorrowland to its glory days."

•   
    • debating what to put here

Re: Motorboat Lagoon / Submarine Lagoon

I expect it to be paved over someday for its real estate value and it saddens me. I know it was just a simple innocent ride but little kids really adored it and it wouldn't have taken too much imagineering to come up with something to make it fresh. Now, however, I wonder if it is in too far of a state of disrepair. I would be surprised if they even still have the boats.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Banned User

That would be a great way to help deal with some of the crowds that I am sure will be coming thanks to Nemo next year to the Resort.

• Genteel Amphibian

I forgot that was there still until I just looked at my map, which would be a good idea actually. The unfortunate part is that the boats are probably in such a horrible state of disrepair it would take as long as the subs to get ready, and would not be finished in time for what you propose.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I'd like to see it brought back with a Rescuers theme. Make the boats look like giant leafs powered by Evanrude and have the waters get real choppy when the boats go between the two alligators
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

aquatopia anyone?

fresh spin on the mbc idea, using ride tech that disney has yet to use on this continent, i think it would be a fairly cheap addition (since RandD are already completed), and would make for a real good D- (if not all out E-) ticket attraction to keep people on the other side of the lagoon and hopefully even out the crowds

i have a feeling that itll be paved over at some point though, making room for another dark ride to be placed there

i'd be fine with either choice really, the more (quality) rides, the better i always say
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• I met Walt Disney!

Wasn't it themed with Care Bears or something before it closed?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by musiken
    Wasn't it themed with Care Bears or something before it closed?
    Yes, yes it was
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• The one, the only...

I liked the Motorboat cruise too. With limited budgets, they will take a while to decide what they will do with that area. It is sad!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I hate to see myself type this, but I don't think it will ever come back. Frankly, in retrospect, I'm a little surprised Disney is sinking the money into the submarine cruise. Sadly, it seems... particularly with the state of disrepair that a lot of the attracttions are in... we are entering an era of "just enough to get by."

I have this feeling that we are going to see a period of minimal maintenence for awhile. After the subs, I'm not looking forward to being impressed.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Matt ouimet was planning on placing one or more significant new attractions in the Motorboat Cruise area. But, now Matt's Disney career has sunk right along with the motor boats.

When I'm at DL in December, I will file a suggestion for the new president that he bring the attraction back up to speed, or follow up on Matt's plans, or something.

You are correct that the area should be utilized in the name of crowd control. In the meantime, it's just an eyesore.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Matt ouimet was planning on placing one or more significant new attractions in the Motorboat Cruise area. But, now Matt's Disney career has sunk right along with the motor boats.

When I'm at DL in December, I will file a suggestion for the new president that he bring the attraction back up to speed, or follow up on Matt's plans, or something.

You are correct that the area should be utilized in the name of crowd control. In the meantime, it's just an eyesore.
    I think your idea about officially making it known at City Hall is a good idea. We my lament the lack of action, but we also need to DO something. Even in business, squeaky wheels get the grease. When enough people complain, then action takes place.

I am more hopeful than Tom. In the name of "synergy," Iger will roll out new attractions. Perhaps one to fill in this area. Something there is better than nothing.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I think your idea about officially making it known at City Hall is a good idea. We my lament the lack of action, but we also need to DO something. Even in business, squeaky wheels get the grease. When enough people complain, then action takes place.

I am more hopeful than Tom. In the name of "synergy," Iger will roll out new attractions. Perhaps one to fill in this area. Something there is better than nothing.
    By Jiminy, I have confidence in Bob's "Iger-nomics" as well. He cares about the parks, and he's not a penny pincher. Sometimes, getting in Mickey's face and letting him know your thoughts can do some good.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

YES!!!

Don't just grumble here on MiceChat. Voice your concerns directly to "the mouse!"
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

One step at a time, folks...

The subs are coming back, and Lasseter has been on their case about getting things right. We're going to have a wonderful updated attraction on our hands! Let's think positive, shall we?

The next step is going to have to be the PeopleMover track. We know it, management knows it, the rest of the public know it. Once it gets some juice3s flowing again, TL will feel far more alive again.

Motorboat Lagoon is just going to have to wait. There are more desperate things that need mending in the area. They can't just snap their fingers and have a full new TL like that. We saw what something close to that actually happened ('98), and the poor land is still trying to get back on it's feet.

There's a lot of things that need to be fixed...but Rome wasn't built in a day. Step by step, friends.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast