Will security look unkindly at luggage (clothes/toiletries/etc.) in my backpack

(or boy, do I feel cheap)
    Let me explain:

I'm planning a one-night, two-day stay in the Disneyland area. I'm trying to avoid renting a car, by combining an airport shuttle with a hotel in walking distance. I'm thinking of taking a late flight out on my second day visiting the DLR.

That would require me to take my luggage with me in a backpack on the second day, and leave it in a locker past the security checkpoints. Would security let me through if I bring a backpack loaded with my dirty clothes, electric razor, and toothpaste? Or do I need to rework this hastily thrown-together "plan"?

Thanks for the advice!

Aaron Morrow
    A WDW guy, trying for a second visit to DL.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Will security look unkindly at luggage (clothes/toiletries/etc.) in my backpack

They don't look that carefully anyway. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Re: Will security look unkindly at luggage (clothes/toiletries/etc.) in my backpack

They will look unkindly, but don't let it bother you. It's gas...
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Morrow
    (or boy, do I feel cheap)
    Let me explain:

I'm planning a one-night, two-day stay in the Disneyland area. I'm trying to avoid renting a car, by combining an airport shuttle with a hotel in walking distance. I'm thinking of taking a late flight out on my second day visiting the DLR.

That would require me to take my luggage with me in a backpack on the second day, and leave it in a locker past the security checkpoints. Would security let me through if I bring a backpack loaded with my dirty clothes, electric razor, and toothpaste? Or do I need to rework this hastily thrown-together "plan"?

Thanks for the advice!

Aaron Morrow
    A WDW guy, trying for a second visit to DL.
    What about leaving your luggage at the hotel til you leave? Most will allow you to check it in with them until your shuttle.

As far as Disney goes, the one big no-no will be glass. If you have cologne, mouthwash, or anything like that in a glass container, they will not allow that through.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• insufferable know-it-all

Best bet is if your hotel has a bell desk, ask to check your stuff in there for the day after you check out.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Quality not quantity

Is there a taxi stand at the park or would you need to walk all the way back to the hotel?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Waiting for the stork

I agree with checking it with the hotel,
    I do this all the time...
    I arrive before check in and leave my bag (every place I have done this has a locked room for bags)
    and when I check out I also leave my bags safely at the hotel...cuts way down on the hassle...

and since the airport shuttle will most likely be picking you up at your hotel, you have to go back there anyway...
    procrastibating

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    They don't look that carefully anyway. I'm sure you'll be just fine.
    Yeah, they barely look at whatever is in the top of your baggage then let you in. Kinda sad actually.

• My Children's Father

Aren't there lockers at the picnic area, for which you do not have to go through a bag check (if your approaching from the DtD side, anyway)?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Just Me

I was thinking of the larger sized lockers in the pinic area too.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    Aren't there lockers at the picnic area, for which you do not have to go through a bag check (if your approaching from the DtD side, anyway)?
    The lockers in question are after the bag check.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74