Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the pics mama
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Best Buds

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Disney did the right thing. They tested it and found it didn't work. So they changed their plans. Much better than finding out at the big event and having the press take pictures of a broken castle. They were thinking ahead. Kudos to the event team for avoiding disaster.
    Couldn't agree more. Hopefully they can come up with some interesting substitute, but anything is better than all the coverage a broken castle would receive.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• It's all nonsense

Couldn't they just put some holes in the curtain to let the wind pass through more? I've seen this alot with banners on stores, etc. Albiet not as secretive as a solid curtain, but more secretive than no curtain at all.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

OOOhhh Wellll ..maybe they can just blind fold all of us and walk us down mainstreet and tell us to remove it all at once..=P I just hope they have a decent ceremony. Im excited. I have balcony seating for fantasmic at 1030 and priority seating for rememeber because for the 50th tour (540pm) last tour. And 11am reservation at Blue bayou.. if anyone is ther at these time say hi.. love to meet some micechatters..
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, good Lord!! What kind a mistake that would a been!! I s'pose they COULD a just weighted down the dang curtains. Then, agin, all that weight might a been 'nuff ta bring down the dang tower frames!! Best ta just call the whole thing off 'n go ta Nut's Dairy Farm!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper S
    The big castle reveile on the 5th has been scraped. The other night they did a test run othis and it was a catastrufy. The wind got a hold of the curtain (made of a parachut typed material) and bluw it up tward the castle. When all was done it had broken some flag masses and other thing on the castle. All was fixed by opening the next morning, but because of the misshap they have scraped the idea.
    You should never drink and post.

Translation anyone? :confused:
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    And these are the same people responsible for the Nemo Subs...
    I doubt Imagineering was involved with this, most likely the entertainment department. Boy, you Nemo Sub haters...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Feel the breeze!

... Using a Zero-P or F-11 type material for something like that? If that is true it is a bit ridiculous. They would NEVER get a clean drop, even with weights, as it would all bunch up at the bottom and stay inflated.

• insufferable know-it-all

I can't believe they didn't put wind holes, regardless of the fabric type, that was just STUPID. I mean, hello, a "sail" that big? The slightest breeze on that expanse of fabric with no air passage was a disaster waiting to happen!

I thought the curtain drop was dumb anyway, glad it got dropped. (ooh, bad pun!)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

It won't Break.. It won't break... It Broke...

This is what Testing is for...

(2 great quotes murged for this)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Kudos to the event team for avoiding disaster.
    I can see it now...they drop the curtain, it covers the crowd, and one of the announcers cries out "Oh, the humanity!"

It certainly would make for shorter lines, now, wouldn't it?

• Banned User

I dont even understand what the point of it was? It wasnt like they were going to unviel a NEW castle.

• Social Imagineer

Ya know, I have to disagree with my pal Dusty here: Testing does not excuse the absolute idiocy of erecting those towers at huge effort and expense with a plan that only the most retarded of our species might think workable.

With the engineering brilliance on display for this stunt, I am surprised those towers didn't come crashing down to maim and kill dozens of guests in an event that would put the Columbia massacre to shame.

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    I can see it now...they drop the curtain, it covers the crowd, and one of the announcers cries out "Oh, the humanity!"

It certainly would make for shorter lines, now, wouldn't it?
    That made me laugh out loud for 30 seconds straight.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper S
    The big castle reveile on the 5th has been scraped. The other night they did a test run othis and it was a catastrufy. The wind got a hold of the curtain (made of a parachut typed material) and bluw it up tward the castle. When all was done it had broken some flag masses and other thing on the castle. All was fixed by opening the next morning, but because of the misshap they have scraped the idea.
    Ya know, in the big picture, it doesn't really matter if they scraped the parachut drop. What matters is that Disney is trying really hard to put on a flawless kick-off to the 50th anniversary of our favorite park. I'm glad that they didn't embarrass themselves on May 5th with something that wasn't really necessary. Having said that, I still think they should have done a re-creation of the lowering of the castle bridge. There's still time to repair it before July 17th.
    Last edited by Circarama; 04-29-2005 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spelling?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast