Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy
    Flashback - Thursday, December 21, 2000 - approximately 6:15pm.

I was meeting my friend Christin to do some last minute Christmas shopping and we were going to meet at the Christmas Tree on Main Street.

In the distance I could see her. Now, all of you know HOW CROWDED it is at Disneyland at Christmastime...but I saw her walking toward me and all I could see was her. Everyone else was a blur. It was the strangest feeling at it was then that I knew that she was the one for me. At that moment I began coming up with ideas of how I was going to propose to her. The following August I proposed and I presented her with her engagement ring on September 1, 2001 right in that very place where I first knew I was going to marry her.

Every December 21, we go and try to take a picture by the tree - we call it our Disneyland Christmas Tree Anniversary. Good news there.....as this December we will be bringing what will be our 2 month old son along for the photo.

So, there ya go!
    I think we all look forward to see that picture when you have a chance to post it!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Photos!

Quote Originally Posted by nemofinder22
    Wow to this photo. I almost think this isn't ENOUGH Christmas lights!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Aniko~*~

DCA looks like completely different with Christmas decor at night. Can't wait to go during the HOLIDAYs!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Does anyone have photos of the Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier and Grand Californian Hotel during the holidays? Curious how they look during the holidays- Halloween & Christmas. Thanks

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    Does anyone have photos of the Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier and Grand Californian Hotel during the holidays? Curious how they look during the holidays- Halloween & Christmas. Thanks
    well i seemed to have lost the pics i had from last year but each hotel has a tree, Disneyland Hotel has one right outside the neverland pool as well as inside the lobbies of each other the towers, and garland all around,oh and some snowflakes projected onto the towers,
    PPH has a tree inside the lobby but i didnt really pay attention to the rest, and GCH has a tree in the lobby that caught fire last year hmm that all i remember

but heres a few more pics i dug up

a Christmas Fantasy

DTD Trees

and a look at how big the ornamants really are on the tree

</IMG>
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Disneyland Fanatic

OMG this thread is making me so excited...just 3 months and we are going to be at Disneyland (decorated for Christmas) for the first time ever!!!!!

• Former Epcot CM

Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Pho

"ugh!"

I understand where you are coming from. BUT and yes there's a but, just as you have every right to not embrace the December holiday known as "Christmas"... I, and many other MiceChatters, have EVERY RIGHT to enjoy this HOLIDAY fotos and stories thread because some DO celebrate this particular holiday that does fall in the month of December. And Please remember I did use the word HOLIDAY in the post thread title.

I am aware of those who are "non-Christians". Please don't worry about this thread. Let things be and enjoy the next thread.
    I think he was playing.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Rally Time!

just some of the trees in them, in my album above
    a friend of Walt.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Pho

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I think he was playing.
    Well someone sent me a private message who has seen many posts by "Hector" and he himself couldn't figure out if "Hector" was joking even though he knows "Hector" jokes around quite often... I'm done with that issue anyways.

As Project Runway says... "Carry on!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

For the record, he WAS joking. It is sort of an inside joke on the forums from last Christmas.

But, as you said "Carry on!"
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    For the record, he WAS joking. It is sort of an inside joke on the forums from last Christmas.

But, as you said "Carry on!"
    I concur 100%...he was joking. I won't say the name of the thread because it might be just as bad as strollers, squirt guns, and ANYTHING related to "Song of the South!"....and DON'T EVEN get me started on the "Partners" Statue!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Kids on shoulders!!!!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Why do you keep talking?

I like that it took so long for someone to get it. YAY Speedway!

ANyway, My favorite memory of the Holiday decor is January 2, 2004 My first visit to Disneyland Park since my Grad night in 2002 AND I got to see an old friend who I hadn't seen since that time frame as well. It was an AMAZING trip that I will never forget. I was in awe of how much that place meant to me as well as hagning out with my friend. The park was beautiful and surreal that day. It was also the first and latest time I rode HMH, and i fell in love with Small World Holiday.
    Last edited by Hector; 08-19-2006 at 08:58 PM.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

ok so i listened to CF parade over and over and still cant figure out the main part of the lyrics but heres what i got

theres* a special magic at Christmas time is here
    hearts and gay and merry and full of yuletime* cheer
    the spirt of the season will make our dreams come true
    memories of christmas are here for me and you,
    were caroling and....(i cant figure it out*)...
    and santa clause will always was be part of Christmas Fantasy.

on this special holiday ole saint nick will load his sleigh
    santa always finds his way in a Christmas Fantasy
    Sugar plumbs and candy canes
    a sleigh ride down the snowy lane
    carolers sing a bright*
    come and sing along with me

Jingle Bells(section)

Deck the halls(section)

We wish you a Merry Christmas(section)

the spirt of the season will make our dreams come true
    memories of christmas are here for me and you,
    were caroling and....(i cant figure it out*)...
    and santa clause will always was be part of Christmas Fantasy

(start loop over)

*i cant figure out these sections haha
    enjoy

Also Believe...In Holiday Magic is one of the most heart tugging and tear making fireworks I'v ever seen...I hope it comes back this holiday season oh and I cant wait too see the garlands over Main Street again...

is it Christmas time at Disneyland yet????
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by nemofinder22
    and a look at how big the ornamants really are on the tree

</IMG>
    I like photos like this, people who snap photos of DETAIL that even sometimes I miss to the chance to photograph. It's good to know the ornanments are... purty. I also didn't know they let people get that close to the tree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast