Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Photos!

This Halloween and Christmas holiday seasons I've planned on going to WDW to experience the parks with other family members who have yet to experience WDW during these festive times.

But next year I plan on visiting Disneyland during the holidays. I still can't decide whether to go during Halloween or Christmas but until I make my final decision I was hoping all the MiceChatters could/would/maybe share your Holiday stories and photos with others thinking about taking a holiday trip to the park/resort.

I'd be nice to see a year in advance what Disneyland looks like during the holidays and read the stories shared here involving Disneyland during October & December!

Thanks! Have fun with this thread!

Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 08-17-2006 at 03:41 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Senior Minion

Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Pho

I went around christmas and enjoyed it very much. The decorations were amazing and It's A Small World impressed me when it lit up, I was in awe, having never seen it around christmas or any holiday, for that matter. My best friend and I met Santa and saw his reindeer and made cookies.

My pictures aren't the best, but here's a few.

Considering it's usually 30 degrees in my area around Christmas, and it was close to 80 there, it didn't feel like Christmas, but something alot better!!!

Here's It's A Small World during the day...so pretty

My attempt at decorating a cookie:
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Photos!

Personaly Id say go during Christmas theres just a little bit more magic in the air plus the DL Christmas tree is something that has to be seen in person since its an actully a real tree and not a fake one like the rest of the parks But the real tear jerker is watching the fireworks on Main Street with ur family and it starts "snowing" and theres a little feeling inside that says everything is right something that can only come from DL

Plus IASWH and HMH are going plus all the other little things that make it all the more magical like homemade candycanes from Main Street.

Or drying off in front of the fire at GCH. Favorite part of all is watching Christmas Fantasy go down the parade route at night and all ur hopes are looking foward to the fireworks and "snow" that will soon follow.

Disneyland at Christmas is something that really has to been seen in person theres a lot to do and take in.

So heres some pics that I took last year

Me at last years tree....

last years Golden Tree for the 50th

A freshly made candy cane

Small World Holiday

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Shablagoo!

Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Photos!

Hi,

I really like the christmas season at DL. Here is a link to a post about a trip I took to DL during the christams season in 1986.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...926#post740926

• Why do you keep talking?

ugh!

I can't believe you used the word CHRISTMAS! That is SOOOO OFFENSIVE to us non-Christians. Can't any of us go to MiceChat without being bombarded with christianity!? For once I'd like to just go into a thread and not have it be about religon or that damn shed!
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    ugh!

I can't believe you used the word CHRISTMAS! That is SOOOO OFFENSIVE to us non-Christians. Can't any of us go to MiceChat without being bombarded with christianity!? For once I'd like to just go into a thread and not have it be about religon or that damn shed!

"ugh!"

I understand where you are coming from. BUT and yes there's a but, just as you have every right to not embrace the December holiday known as "Christmas"... I, and many other MiceChatters, have EVERY RIGHT to enjoy this HOLIDAY fotos and stories thread because some DO celebrate this particular holiday that does fall in the month of December. And Please remember I did use the word HOLIDAY in the post thread title.

I am aware of those who are "non-Christians". Please don't worry about this thread. Let things be and enjoy the next thread.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Pho

Lots of pix from DL and KBF.
    http://home.comcast.net/~ralfrickdl2003/index.htm

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Minion

here are the photos i dug up ... some are even from 2004

2004 Halloween (kinda) / Christmas

2005 Halloween / Christmas

• Rally Time!

Disneyland Christmas Trees

(Taken 2004 & 2005)

Enjoy!!
    a friend of Walt.

• Shablagoo!

Wow, Great photos Aniko

• The Purifier

Thank you for the photos, everyone. They are really fantastic. For those of us who live far away, it brings us back to our favorite place.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

• there's always my way...

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Photos!

Flashback - Thursday, December 21, 2000 - approximately 6:15pm.

I was meeting my friend Christin to do some last minute Christmas shopping and we were going to meet at the Christmas Tree on Main Street.

In the distance I could see her. Now, all of you know HOW CROWDED it is at Disneyland at Christmastime...but I saw her walking toward me and all I could see was her. Everyone else was a blur. It was the strangest feeling at it was then that I knew that she was the one for me. At that moment I began coming up with ideas of how I was going to propose to her. The following August I proposed and I presented her with her engagement ring on September 1, 2001 right in that very place where I first knew I was going to marry her.

Every December 21, we go and try to take a picture by the tree - we call it our Disneyland Christmas Tree Anniversary. Good news there.....as this December we will be bringing what will be our 2 month old son along for the photo.

So, there ya go!

Re: Disneyland Holiday: Share Your Disneyland Halloween and Christmas Stories and Pho

I went to Disneyland for the first time last Christmas and was just blown away at how great It's A Small World Holiday looked. Some of the Disneyland Christmas photos are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spacepotato/

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast