Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Official Mice Chat person

It will be pretty bad, But may 5th will probably be worse.

• Minion

I bet the park is closed before noon.
    I think it is going to be insanity!
    Once people are in, they are not going to leave, and people are going to be out at the gates all day.

We are going to line up plenty early for the 18th.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    I bet the park is closed before noon.
    I think it is going to be insanity!
    Once people are in, they are not going to leave, and people are going to be out at the gates all day.

We are going to line up plenty early for the 18th.
    Monorail!!! My friend... I am staying at the Disneyland Hotel... so monorail is my ticket in.... Then i will find a spot.... and hope something good happends...

• Still lost in Neverland

THe Cast Member that a friend of mine knows have a poll going about what time they think the main gates to Disneyland will be closed due to capacity. The prevailing number is 11am. They expect in excess of 80,000 people. NO camping out will be allowed in the plaza and the garage will open at the normal Sunday time. They are going to have a line going all the way back to the freeway. I am glad I will be arriving on the 16th and staying overnight.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

• Padawan

Somewhere in the Outer Rim territories...
    Oh, man, I so want to be there. Unfortunately I have this family reunion thing in Colorado that I have to be at until the 16th. (We'll be celebrating my father-in-law's 50th birthday, ironically enough.) I'm willing to be it will be insanity beyond a New Kids on the Block concert circa 1990, but I'd love to be there just so I could say, yes, I was in Disneyland on it's 50th birthday.

Le sigh.
    "...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." --Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by AKComic
    I know Disneyland is expecting a large crowd on July 17th... but I've got a bad feeling they're underestimating just HOW large a crowd. I've heard people talking about getting there hours early to wait in line, just to be inside the park on the 17th - and these AREN'T SoCal people! Are we looking at a "Star Wars 12:01 showing" kind of line, with people waiting around in sleeping bags? How crazy do you think this could be... and better yet, how early do you think Disneyland will close the gates?
    Nightmare on Main St.! Even DCA will be a total zoo. FWIW, I would avoid visiting DLR this summer.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer007
    Not many people other than us know about the exact date, though, so maybe it won't be too bad.
    All hotels have been booked for months now for July 17th.

• far, far away from DL

There was a story about the 17th in my local newspaper. They had interviewed two people who work for Disney that grew up in my hometown. They said the 17th will have plenty of celebrities on hand including California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. All 11 resorts will be celebrating, also Disney cruise ship Disney Magic will be launched from LA to the Mexican Riviera. Sounds like it's going to be a huge deal! They people they interviewed were a senior vice pres. of public affairs and a executive vice pres. of global marketing.

Sabrina

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Omg can we say mayham!!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    It will be pretty bad, But may 5th will probably be worse.
    I seriously doubt that. May 5th is a Thursday. July 17th is a SUNDAY. I'll bet the Park doesn't even reach capacity on May 5th. I'll also bet the Park reaches capacity on July 17th prior to 12PM. Any takers?
    I'll buy an ice cream for you on July 17th if I'm wrong(and if you can find me among the other 79,999 people. I'll be the one with the Circarama name badge on)
    Of course if I'm right, then you have to buy me an ice cream.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    Crowds, or no crowds, I am just happy, that I will finally make it to Disneyland for the anniversary. This is my first trip to California and Disneyland, and I am very excited.

The mom, that I am traveling with, has a lot of worry about actually making it into the park. I don't think, that that's a possibility, since we are staying at the Hilton Anaheim, and will arrive at Disneyland Park between 7 and 8 a. m. Perhaps things get exaggerated, when no one, knows for sure, what kind of crowds to expect.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Crowds, or no crowds, I am just happy, that I will finally make it to Disneyland for the anniversary. This is my first trip to California and Disneyland, and I am very excited.

The mom, that I am traveling with, has a lot of worry about actually making it into the park. I don't think, that that's a possibility, since we are staying at the Hilton Anaheim, and will arrive at Disneyland Park between 7 and 8 a. m. Perhaps things get exaggerated, when no one, knows for sure, what kind of crowds to expect.
    That weekend is also my first ever trip to Disneyland as well We will be going to the park for the first time on the 15th however, so we get a little more in in the 2 days out of our vacation than just the first being the 17th.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    I recall how on opening day the asphalt melted under people's shoes, and no one could find a water fountain.

I expect this to be that bad, if not worse. It will be brutally hot; the crowds will be oppressive; and those who show up after the gates to DLR close will be invited guess where? DCA. Kind of gives you a warm fuzzy, doesn't it?
    We were there on a VERY busy day between CHristmas and NEw Years just gone....it was filled TO CAPACITY.

I KID YOU NOT, it was CLOSED for admission later in the day. Signs outside the parking lot said "DISNEYLAND IS FULL".

That wasn't even a birthday let alone the 50th Birthday.

And no, they didn't give discounts at DCA, so no one's really "invited" to DCA.

What IS tha capacity of DL??

• Hooterville, USA

Too nutso for me to go!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast