Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Blue Bayou is COMPLETELY sold out for the day (I know because I was hoping to move my reservation to a lunch time... no dice). The hotels are sold out. It's a weekend in July. It's the birthday, which always has a crowd of loyal fans.

It's gonna be busy.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Disneyland will be the sardine can and all of you will be the sardines tightly packed so they can get their moneys worth. Ok sardines hope you all have a good time. It will be incredibily crowded and be ready to look at the back of peoples necks.. unless your like a 6 footer. anyways..ENJOY THE DAY Get goosebumps when you hear Walts speech at 4:30PM. Take alot of pictures for us Micechatters. Thanks
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Social Imagineer

Crowded, schmowded. I think fears are running a little too rampant.

But, yes, the Park will be packed, and new admissions will cease before noon.

I plan on being there at Park opening - but I don't see the need to camp out for hours, because being in the Park at the strike of opening hour is not vital to me. Just being there really early.

I plan on going on a grand total of 6 attractions, all early in the morning. Some friends and I are doing one of our patented Attraction Quests for the birthday, this time taking place on Saturday and Sunday - with 6 rides on each day (1 from each decade of Disneyland operation and 1 from opening day). I figure we'll finish the Sunday quest before twelve, and then I will get the hell out of the Park and head back to my suite at the Disneyland Hotel for the hot afternoon.

I'll be back in the Park for the ceremony at 4:30, and then just be hanging out with no expectations of rides or even much movement till, say, 10:00 pm or so. After that, a couple more hours of rides and running around and such.

One thing I don't plan to do in the Park that day is consume any meal larger than my free cupcake. Though I'm not expecting a food service sick-out like there was on May 5, I will no longer rely on Disneyland to have anything near reasonable wait times for food on crowded days. I will eat outside the Park, and I will not have the irrational fear that I can't get back in once I leave.

Despite the massive crowds, I expect the mood in the Park to be fantastic and upbeat. May 5 was the perfect example of how a crowd of die-hard Disneyland fans deals beautifully with the adversity of crushing crowds and intolerable food disservice. Folks will be merry and happy and excited. And despite Disneyland doing little beyond cupcakes and mousears for the biggest anniversary they've ever had, it's going to be one big party among the guests - - and that's the best part of all.

• Wonderful World

When they do close the gates just imagine all the angry people that prolly came to DL just for that day.There will be alot of them.I am so glad I'm not going till August.

Luckily I am a 6 footer, so I'll be checking out bald-spots rather than necks... Wall to wall people, kinda like the chow line in boot camp...belly to butt!
    Lets all do our part and wear plenty of deoderant!

• Minion

Innerspaceman - Do you think that you'll be able to get back in? I thought they would have a line forming outside to allow a "1 in per 1 out" - type of thing. I don't really know how it works since when I've been in a park at capacity, I've stayed in. I have seen Magic Kingdom do the "1 in/1 out" situation. I'd be very interested since I don't really like the idea of having to stay inside the crowded park the entire day. I, too, would love to take a mid-afternoon break, let the kids swim at the DL hotel, and come back to the park later. We bought the Lillian pkg for me and hubby, and we were told that doesn't guarantee us in/out privileges after 10 a.m. either. Didn't really matter since we didn't buy the pkg for the kids anyway. Just curious from those of you 'in the know' what the situation will be regarding folks leaving the park.

• Sock Puppet

I hope they give me riot gear when I show up for my shift that day. To think that probably HISTA will even have a line that day. I can't wait to see my auditorium with max capacity and then I'll dance. Sadly, I'm excited to the huge crowds and people who will get angry because it's crowded on THE FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARY. Again, riot gear will be needed.

Like someone said, it's going to be "fist fight" bad

Nah, it's just going to be "cranky tourist" bad. Everyone will be too hot and tired for fist fights.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    I hope they give me riot gear when I show up for my shift that day. To think that probably HISTA will even have a line that day. I can't wait to see my auditorium with max capacity and then I'll dance. Sadly, I'm excited to the huge crowds and people who will get angry because it's crowded on THE FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARY. Again, riot gear will be needed.

Like someone said, it's going to be "fist fight" bad
    THE BOB in riot gear...that in itself is a riot.

• -Going Retro-

Honestly, I don't think anyone is in the "know" it's the
    50th which is different then any other birthday I don't even think Disney is sure what the out come will be. Judging from all the calls they are making to guests with PS's I'm guessing they think it's going to be rather extreme turn out.

IMO, I do NOT want to be out there at 3am,4am,5am maybe 6am but if I find out that I can't get into the park unless I do go so early then of course I'll do what I need to do.

My July 17th wishes:

Get into the park without having to stay up for 20hrs.

Leave the park for a nap or other stuff if needed/wanted and able to get back in

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    I will not have the irrational fear that I can't get back in once I leave.
    Be mindful of the gate closures, my young padowan
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• OM NOM NOM

I can safely say that they will keep people from camping out in the Esplanade until midnight.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Baybeh!

I'm staying home, so that should say something. I can not even begin to think how crowded it will be without getting causterphobic

UNTIL midnight, hahaha.....

muahahahah!

I just thought of something.... Saturday night the 16th, we all need to have been hanging out in the park till closing (midnight!), then put on our party hats and celebrate!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast