Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Disney fans for life!

We just made a costly mistake...

We had a trip planned for the 17th (weekend) but after being at the Park all last week, we decided it was going to be WAY too crowded for our tastes. So we cancelled our reservations at the DL Hotel, Blue Bayou, Goofy's Kitchen and Napa Rose. It just didn't click. Could we have offered them up to a fellow MiceChatter???

Either way, we blew it and cancelled them. Call quick, maybe they are still open...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    THE BOB in riot gear...that in itself is a riot.
    That'll just be to block the rotten fruit that will inevitably be thrown at me when I do the opening spiel and dance number.

• Man O Lantern

I've decided that no matter how crowded, how poorly planned or executed anything is, whatever.....I'm having a blast.

I'll be there for five days.

• insufferable know-it-all

What time were the BB ressies?

(been hoping to change mine from dinner to lunch)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Social Imagineer

As for gate closures, it's my understanding that they cannot deny readmittance to someone who has already purchased a ticket for that day. That would be fraud. You simply cannot have someone fork over $56 and then, when they go to their car at 10:30 a.m. to get the medication they need desperately, refuse to let them back into the park without offering a refund. Illegal.

As I understand it, they suspend NEW admissions. Not re-admissions. Likewise, I'm told that annual passholders (premium only, on that particular date) cannot be denied admittance because, similarly, they have already paid for their admission for that day. In other words, they can stop selling admissions, but they cannot refuse to honor admissions they have already sold.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    As for gate closures, it's my understanding that they cannot deny readmittance to someone who has already purchased a ticket for that day. That would be fraud. You simply cannot have someone fork over $56 and then, when they go to their car at 10:30 a.m. to get the medication they need desperately, refuse to let them back into the park without offering a refund. Illegal.

As I understand it, they suspend NEW admissions. Not re-admissions. Likewise, I'm told that annual passholders (premium only, on that particular date) cannot be denied admittance because, similarly, they have already paid for their admission for that day. In other words, they can stop selling admissions, but they cannot refuse to honor admissions they have already sold.
    That would explain the letter I received from Disneyland's Guest Communications office regarding this subject. It reads:

Dear Mr. Circarama
    Thank you for your letter to Matt Ouimet, which has been routed to our office for reply.

As per your conversation with **** in Guest Communications, guests with multiple day Park Hopper passes who are staying at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, will be allowed entry into Disneyland Park after the sale of regular one day park tickets have been halted on July 17, 2005.

Again, thank you for contacting us. We hope you enjoy your upcoming visit to the Disneyland Resort and we are sure it will be enjoyable in every respect.

Sincerely,

Mr. Nice CM
    Disneyland Resort
    Guest Communications
    Of course, the fire marshall can close the gates to anyone when he sees fit!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Minion

Actually, they can and do. Having been thru numerous gate closures, they can do it based on Fire Marshall saying "No more." I've been an annual passholder, and they will tell you if you leave the park, you stand a chance of not getting back in. They will also tell you it does not guarantee entry.

AVP has posted the order of the shut down. I'm guessing we have been thru about 5-7 gate closures. (3 in one week in 1999 I think.) They may not even sell one day tickets at the park on the 17th. That is usually the first thing they stop. Next, they will stop selling all tickets and stop accepting new admittances (they will continue taking APs and Resort guests.) Then when they hit capacity (somewhere around 78000) no one enters until people leave. Then, they will admit people once an hour or so, based on how many people exited during the hour, until the capacity drops significantly.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Not being an AP holder or a SoCal resident, I guess I better get up early at the hotel on the 17th. I'm staying at a Disney resort hotel but have been told that this does not guarantee me entrance on the 17th. So it looks like a good but short night of sleep and then up and early and to the park as soon as possible on the 17th. Plus it looks like no leaving the park during the day and planning to just return whenever.
    Being in the park on the 17th is the reason I am coiming out to California in the first place. So it looks like a plan to me now.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

Question Advice Please!

So, do you guys think its wise for me to plan on buying an ap blackout day ticket?

I'll be waiting at the security gates at 4am, (and I know about the trick to buy single day tickets from group sales), so do you guys think I'll be okay? I also am very poor and am spending just about ALL my money on ticket and food july 17th, so id rather not buy a full-price 56 dollar ticket in advance. Thanks for the advice in advance!

• Minion

I just looked at my AP agreement and it states "Disney not liable for claims arising from changes in operating hours or closures of theme parks." I am sure there is something similar in the fine print on the back of regular tickets also.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Circle of Ancients

It's gonna be SO BAD ... that were going to Raging Waters that day ...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    Not being an AP holder or a SoCal resident, I guess I better get up early at the hotel on the 17th. I'm staying at a Disney resort hotel but have been told that this does not guarantee me entrance on the 17th. So it looks like a good but short night of sleep and then up and early and to the park as soon as possible on the 17th. Plus it looks like no leaving the park during the day and planning to just return whenever.
    Being in the park on the 17th is the reason I am coiming out to California in the first place. So it looks like a plan to me now.
    From what I've heard in the past, Disney will not deny their hotel guests entrance to the parks ... period.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    The DLR Hotel guests have been informed when they made their reservations that they would not be guaranteed admission to the parks....

Also, the folks buying those expensive Merchandising packages also have been informed that they are not guaranteed entry.....

Everybody has to play by the same rules, no early entry that day, and when the park hits capacity, that's it, if you leave the park, you are NOT guaranteed to be allowed in, though those folks who have left do get some priority if enough folks leave the park to allow other folks in (per the Fire Marshall's rules).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AKComic
    I know Disneyland is expecting a large crowd on July 17th... but I've got a bad feeling they're underestimating just HOW large a crowd. I've heard people talking about getting there hours early to wait in line, just to be inside the park on the 17th - and these AREN'T SoCal people! Are we looking at a "Star Wars 12:01 showing" kind of line, with people waiting around in sleeping bags? How crazy do you think this could be... and better yet, how early do you think Disneyland will close the gates?

I think there will be THOUSANDS of VERY UPSET people locked OUT after between 9:30 and 10:00. Hope they have cops to re-direct the crowd and keep them from burning down DCA or Downtown Disney.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

bump.......will someone please answer my ?'s from post 54?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy247
    bump.......will someone please answer my ?'s from post 54?
    My opinion only... I would think you wouldn't have a problem. I won't guarantee it though. Will you be going with a friend?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast