Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Turtle Twister Rumored To Replace Mulholland Madness - View Toon Studios Images

Midway Mania having been green lighted for DCA's Paradise Pier, the park is already destined to have a big winner on it's hands. Should ramblings prove true, the addition of Turtle Twister will have crowds scurrying to the PP end of the park. The madmouse type of coaster will incorporate "dry for wet" effects and advanced projection technology.

It wouldn't be a bit surprising if attendance picks up in general for Disneyland's little sister.

As many of you know, the attraction is currently under construction at DLP's Walt Disney Studios. Here is a link to a concept drawing of the front of the TT building at Toon Studios. Included in the drawing is an image of the Cars Race Rally. Several construction photo's of Turtle Twister under construction are also a part of the link.-

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.ph...n-Studios.html

Please be forewarned that the article is in French.

I'm hoping that the Race Rally ride will become a part of DCA as well...either that, or replace the former Motorboat Cruise in Fantasyland, and bordering on Tomorrowland. The ride will incorporate trackless tech (like TDP's Pooh), and might be a bumper car attraction. It would certainly be a good fit between the Finding Nemo Subs and Chevron sponsored Autopia.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-18-2006 at 06:19 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• a wind to shake the stars

Re: Turtle Twister Rumored To Replace Mulholland Madness - View Toon Studios Immages

The images are broken.

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: Turtle Twister Rumored To Replace Mulholland Madness - View Toon Studios Immages

Ridewarrier, thanks for the post! (and the news), but NO PICS! :-)

----

Edit out the question of the location. Didn't read the whole subject!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Thanks for the heads up, nish and International. I've added a new link to Toon Studios concept art and current construction photos of Turtle Twister. See the first post of this thread.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-18-2006 at 01:16 PM.

• ...TWO BITS!

Wait, back up. Is Ride Warrior suggesting this or did Ride Warrior hear this rumor from a good source? Cause I know many already suggested MM be replaced with TT when TT's photos and concept art were released... so I'm not buying this right now.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Iron-Clad Allie

The rumor appeared on Screamscape some time ago. i certainly hope it proves to be true. Mulholland Madness is a poorly themed, and blatantly an off-the-shelf ride. A lot of money will be infused into DCA for a better look, and new attractions, over the course of the next several years.

MM would surely be one of the first attractions to go, if Disney changes things around. Turtle Twister could be cloned at moderate expense compared to creating an entirely new ride to replace TT. So, the rumor makes sense.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-18-2006 at 02:52 PM.

• Premium Youngling and

This would be a great replacement for MM

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Midway Mania having been green lighted for DCA's Paradise Pier, the park is already destined to have a big winner on it's hands. Should ramblings prove true, the addition of Turtle Twister will have crowds scurrying to the PP end of the park. The madmouse type of coaster will incorporate "dry for wet" effects and advanced projection technology.

It wouldn't be a bit surprised if attendance picks up in general for Disneyland's little sister.

As many of you know, it is currently under construction at DLP's Walt Disney Studios. Here is a link to a concept drawing of the front of the TT building at Toon Studios. Included in the drawing is an image of the Cars Race Rally. Several construction photo's of Turtle Twister under construction are also a part of the link.-

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.ph...n-Studios.html

Please be forewarned that the article is in French.

I'm hoping that the Race Rally ride will become a part of DCA as well...either that, or replace the former Motorboat Cruise in Fantasyland, and bordering on Tomorrowland. The ride will incorporate trackless tech (like TDP's Pooh, and might be a bumper car attraction. It would certainly be a good fit between the Finding Nemo Subs and Chevron sponsored Autopia.
    your just full of information today arent you RW

This only makes sense. Disney would have to be a fool not to replace MM with TT. It's nautically themed, so it would fit in perfectly with Paradise Pier, Nemo is still a massively popular franchise, MM is easily one of the rides most in need of a massive facelift, and DCA needs another big draw even after Midway Madness opens.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

I could see the area around MM recieving a new theme, most likely Pacific and beach, and Crush's Coaster would be a nice addition. Looks like they have plenty of room for it, as seen on the map below
    http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&cl...02419&t=h&om=1

• FastPass n00b

LOL, by the time the makeover is done, this really will be Pixarland.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

I know I am the only who thinks this way but I think MM is a great ride. I love everything about it. Last Nov. when we were there I road MM 6 times in one day. I don't care if they change the theaming of the ride, wet or dry, Inside or outside. its a great ride...
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Minion FOREVER!

Thanks for the repair, RideWarrier!

My french (which was never good to start w/) is really poor!
    But I've read the descriptions before so it's pretty much what I've heard.

It really should be a neat fun ride. But my guess is that they'll test out
    how it plays in WDS before giving the final green light in DCA.

BTW. I've never ridden on MM, so I can't say how good or bad it is, but
    there was never anything about it that appealed to me. (neither the
    concept or the ride).

Overall, I think it'll be a good fit (at least from the conceptual point).

• Minion FOREVER!

Here's the link to an earlier thread on the Turtle Twister There's a picture of the
    track and concept sketches

Angry Re: Turtle Twister Rumored To Replace Mulholland Madness - View Toon Studios Immages

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I like MM!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast