Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Christmas Fantasy Parade no longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    This "Dreams" thing is really starting to chafe pretty bad. First the Fantasyland Theater is ripped out and changed into a Disney marketing tool, then Tomorrowland loses even more of its identity to Star Wars, and now one of the best Christmas parades in the park's history is being revised.

Why does Jay Rasulo feel he can lead a park? Why doesn't he just sit back and do nothing, Disneyland would be SO much better that way. His nonsensical and vague direction and utter lack of any kind of strategy or long-term goals are really beginning to hurt Disneyland. Not to mention we are talking about a man who decreed a mandate to all parks based off the one experience his secretary had at a Disney park.
    Yeah, I'm already sick of the "Dreams" thing, too. Pretty lame.
    I'm not saying that I'm against the Parade refurb and remodel, heaven knows its getting old and I'm one for positive, quality change... But I feel like theyre going to just debut the "new" Christmas parade as part of the marketing blitz and the actual quality of the show will be lost on that. Sad.

I'm sure Jay is well aware that he is running a lot of good stuff in the parks into the ground - but I've noticed a lot of Disney execs have some weird pride issue where they won't step down until theyre FORCED to step down - Eisner, Pressler, Marty Sklar (new useless position just to get him out of WDI?), etc. The only one I've noticed who kept their dignity and stepped down before it got bad was Matt Ouimet. And he didn't do it because he was doing a sucky job, cause we all know he wasnt- but because his bosses were doing a sucky job.

...Talk about depressing..

I do agree with Jspider though about the Tomorrowland/identity issue. I think Star Wars themeing fits MUCH better in Tomorrowland than toy space rangers. And the renaming back to "Tomorrowland Terrace" does allow for versatility and an easy way just to end the Star Wars Jedi Academy at the drop of a hat.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Lost in Wonderland

I doubt they'll change "A Christmas Fantasy" to "Christmas Dreams on Parade". I don't think they have enough time to do it. And even if they change the parade name, most of the floats will continue on in nearly the same form... The only major things that could change would be the music, float order, and which characters are on what float.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I have to laugh in regard to what some of you ducklings have to say about the new look of Disneyland's Reindeer. You see, we created a topic on MiceChat last year about this very same subject--only we think the new look of the reindeer is wonderful!

ORWEN: I NEVER liked the original look of the reindeer--who always looked like a pack of silly drunks staggering down the streets at Christmas time--what with their drooling tongues hanging out like they were having epileptic fits or something!

ORDDU: We prefer the NEW look of the reindeer because they're so much cuter than the former versions. We just wish Walt Disney World would upgrade THEIR reindeer to look like Disneyland's.

ORWEN: When we first saw Disneyland's new look for the reindeer, we were so impressed. They actually did a great job in upgrading them.

• Banned User

Oh, I do hope they change the song, though. Or at least have a variation of it.

It's annoying listening to it for more then 10 minutes.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I've never understood why the loop of music is so short! It repeats way too soon and becomes annoying. I still love it, and it makes me want to dance in the parade anyway, but they could stretch it out a bit longer.
    A signature should go here.

• Man of Logic and Reason

I think that it's still gonna be the Christmas Fantasy Parade because at the character auditions today the guy in charge of parades and entertainment called it by the old name. Not the Christmas Dreams or anything like that.
    Last edited by Jackdack; 08-19-2006 at 09:56 AM.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

They cannot take out the soldiers, they are classic!

• Defeats the Huns

The loop itself is actually pretty long, but it does have the same THEME in the beginning and the end of the loop. at least each unit has a different middle section. If you think this loop is annoying, what do you think about the Electrical Parade loop? Each loop is only a little over a minute long and it's the same thing over and over! haha. However, I seem to still love all parade music. I think it just works.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    The loop itself is actually pretty long, but it does have the same THEME in the beginning and the end of the loop. at least each unit has a different middle section. If you think this loop is annoying, what do you think about the Electrical Parade loop? Each loop is only a little over a minute long and it's the same thing over and over! haha. However, I seem to still love all parade music. I think it just works.
    Electrical Parade had a cool beat, though, one that you could listen to for a good while.

But the Christmas thing just keeps going and going and going - "A Christmas Fantasy, A Christmas Fantasy, A Christmas Fantasy, A Christmas Fantasy, A Christmas Fantasy, A Christmas Fantasy, A Christmas Fantasy, A Christmas Fantasy, A Christmas Fantasy..."

Aghhhh!!!!!!!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1
    Thank you Hector.

CousinPhil, this is what the new reindeer look like...

I HATE THEM!
    They look like a chorus line of Bambi's!

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Very interesting. Excuse me for being a bit jaded but I definitely doubt there will be much change at all. I base this on the parade changes over at WDW and supposedly both parks are being run the same way.

Has A Christmas Fantasy Parade changed much since it first ran? I am not sure when Very Merry Christmas Parade at WDW started running but it has changed in recent years adding units for Princesses and Pooh when those franchises became popular with marketing. I base this on a soundtrack of the parade I have heard without those units and videos I have seen with those units added.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• It's all about Theme!

They Better Not Change It At All!
    (Sadly Sobbing)
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12