Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christmas Fantasy Parade no longer?

The Al Lutz column quotes, "The aging Christmas Fantasy Parade is set for a remodel and a name change to Christmas Dreams on Parade".

The question is, have we seen the last of the Christmas Fantasy Parade? When Disneyland does a remodel, are we talking a new song, (I hope not cause I really like the CF song) are we talking new floats, and new content?

Does anyone know what to expect? What year did the CF Parade start?

?????? So many questions.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spacepotato/
    Last edited by SpacePotato; 08-18-2006 at 07:48 PM.

• Premium Youngling and

Angry Re: Christmas Fantasy Parade no longer?

Quote Originally Posted by SpacePotato
    The Al Lutz column quotes, "The aging Christmas Fantasy Parade is set for a remodel and a name change to Christmas Dreams on Parade".

The question is, have we seen the last of the Christmas Fantasy Parade? When Disneyland does a remodel, are we talking a new song, (I hope not cause I really like the CF song) are we talking new floats, and new content?

Does anyone know what to expect? What year did the CF Parade start?

?????? So many questions.....
    They better not change the song... They better not change anything as a matter of fact! I dont know why Disney feels the need to change the classic things that everybody likes. I love that parade. The one thing that really pissed me off was when they did the costume change for the reindeer with their tongues hanging out... those were great.

• FastPass n00b

Re: Christmas Fantasy Parade no longer?

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1
    The one thing that really pissed me off was when they did the costume change for the reindeer with their tongues hanging out... those were great.
    Yeah, I hated that too. The original was tastefully "cheesy" to the point where it was all fun and games and not too serious. Ironically, with the new more realistic reindeer it looks hokey and cheesy because who ever heard of a bunch of real reindeer dancing around like that. The reindeer with the tongues hanging out fit because it was a very fun and whimsical parade...but the minute you try to make it more realistic or less corny, it takes itself too seriously and ironically becomes MORE corny.

I hope they don't try to make the entire parade serious and realistic. The song for it is so awesome and EVERY float is a timeless classic. WHY would they feel the parade is outdated? WHY do they NOT think that Innoventions is outdated? This is typical Disney...they change a classic parade that could last another 2 decades (if not indefinately), but they leave stuff that was outdated before it even showed up, like Innoventions and Honey I Shrunk the Audience, for decades.

My goodness, if Disney is opening up the pocket books for a new Christmas parade, let's concentrate the money where it is badly needed.

• FastPass n00b

This "Dreams" thing is really starting to chafe pretty bad. First the Fantasyland Theater is ripped out and changed into a Disney marketing tool, then Tomorrowland loses even more of its identity to Star Wars, and now one of the best Christmas parades in the park's history is being revised.

Why does Jay Rasulo feel he can lead a park? Why doesn't he just sit back and do nothing, Disneyland would be SO much better that way. His nonsensical and vague direction and utter lack of any kind of strategy or long-term goals are really beginning to hurt Disneyland. Not to mention we are talking about a man who decreed a mandate to all parks based off the one experience his secretary had at a Disney park.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

I hope it stays the same as it probably will for the most part maybe a new float like last years new Santa float?
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

CF is way past its prime and needs to go. I wish for an all new Parade but a remodel and new music should give the Parade a few more years of life.

I think TDL gets a new X-mas parade every year. It shouldn't be to hard for DL to pull off a new X-mas parade at least every decade.

If they need new ideas all they have to do is look to the past. Very Merry Christmas Parade was about an hour long and FILLED with awesome scenes and music.

• Why do you keep talking?

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1
    I dont know why Disney feels the need to change the classic things...

uh cause it was Walt's idea...
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Christmas Fantasy Parade no longer?

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    If they need new ideas all they have to do is look to the past. Very Merry Christmas Parade was about an hour long and FILLED with awesome scenes and music.
    I would have LOVED to have seen the Very Merry Christmas Parade in person! I have only seen pictures and the TV commercials. I did see A Christmas Fantasy Parade in its debut year (1995) with the many performers including small children in the cast before the first overhaul of the parade. They should bring back the Very Merry Christmas Parade of have a similar version of it with more Disney characters.

• Defeats the Huns

I'm not sure Al got it right with this piece of information..

• 1 Fanboy to Rule Them All

I especially like this music from CF parade. I finally saw it for the first time last winter and I thought it was great! I would hope it doesn't go just yet.

BTW- What's the story about this reindeer costume business?

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by CousinPhil
    I especially like this music from CF parade. I finally saw it for the first time last winter and I thought it was great! I would hope it doesn't go just yet.

BTW- What's the story about this reindeer costume business?
    This is what the costumes used to look like...

I dont have a pic of what they look like now but they made them too much like reindeer and it just ruined it. You have to actaully see the pics to see how bad it is.

• Why do you keep talking?

Do a Google image search for "Disneyland Reindeer" You'll see a pic of the new ones.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    This "Dreams" thing is really starting to chafe pretty bad. First the Fantasyland Theater is ripped out and changed into a Disney marketing tool, then Tomorrowland loses even more of its identity to Star Wars, and now one of the best Christmas parades in the park's history is being revised.

Why does Jay Rasulo feel he can lead a park? Why doesn't he just sit back and do nothing, Disneyland would be SO much better that way. His nonsensical and vague direction and utter lack of any kind of strategy or long-term goals are really beginning to hurt Disneyland. Not to mention we are talking about a man who decreed a mandate to all parks based off the one experience his secretary had at a Disney park.
    how does Tomorrowland loose even more identity

the Star Wars thing is no worse the Club Buzz theme was and if they're in fact turning it back into the Terrance that means the area will become more versitile to many different shows outside of Star Wars

anywho on the subject of the parade I'm not sure how much I care

of course I only go there for Christmas every so often and haven't been for years but really whats the big deal with tweaking the parade

as long as they leave the parade as a long parade with a series of floats and forget about all this show stop crud they do these days I'm fine with it

• Premium Youngling and

Thank you Hector.

CousinPhil, this is what the new reindeer look like...

I HATE THEM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast