• Premium Youngling and

Question Jungle Cruise Pics?

OK I basically grew up on The Jungle Cruise when I was little and a trip to DL wasn't complete without going on it. I remember every part of it except for the part where the piranhas are now. I remember the first time I went on it after the makeover and I instantly forgot what was there. I just read an article about there being rapids at the end and I cant picture it!!! Can somebody please post a pic of this area so I can get this thought out of my mind?

• Head Salesman

Re: Jungle Cruise Pics?

The "rapids" were just a series of large rocks sticking out of the river with water churning around them. It was a really weak effect. Sorry, I don't have pics.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1
    OK I basically grew up on The Jungle Cruise when I was little and a trip to DL wasn't complete without going on it. I remember every part of it except for the part where the piranhas are now. I remember the first time I went on it after the makeover and I instantly forgot what was there. I just read an article about there being rapids at the end and I cant picture it!!! Can somebody please post a pic of this area so I can get this thought out of my mind?
    I don't think their is rapids. I think your talking about the piranhas which create, I guess you can say, a raging water look.

The piranhas are are metal-shaped fish on a circular arm that rotates against the boat's direction. There is also a small water jet at the end of each fish which sprays even more water. An all together quite impressive effect.

Sorry, have no photos though.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    The "rapids" were just a series of large rocks sticking out of the river with water churning around them. It was a really weak effect. Sorry, I don't have pics.
    Oh. lol, then nevermind what I said.

• Premium Youngling and

Im just goin off an article I read today that said there were rapids in the area where the piranhas are currently. Disney Dreamer answered my question though. I just couldnt remember.