• A Pirate's Life For Me

HydroGuy's Fireworks Rule

Rule

If you want to see the fireworks at DL, do not save fireworks for the last night of your trip. Plan to see them as early in the trip as possible.

Who This Rule Affects

Multi-Day visitors (Day visitors have to hope for the best for their evening)

Explanation

The current fireworks show at DL, Remember Dreams Come True, is more than a fireworks show. It also includes lasers and other special effects, as well as synchronized voice and music. It is not to be missed.

The fireworks at DL have restrictions influenced by the winds above DL. Even when the wind at ground level seems low, winds at higher elevations can lead to show cancellation. In the summer of 2006 the fireworks were cancelled on consecutive nights on several occasions. Although this does not usually happen, during one stretch they were cancelled five times over a one-week period.

If you want to see the fireworks, plan to see them on your first night or early in your trip. Then, if they do get cancelled, you will have the maximum number of additional opportunities to see them.

During high season fireworks are scheduled every night. During off season they are often only scheduled on weekends. The impact of a cancellation during off season could thus be even higher as there are even fewer opportunities where they will performed again. So the rule applies even more to low season visitors – see them at the first possible opportunity.

Corollary Rule

A similar rule applies to Fantasmic and Parades but it is not as strict. These can get cancelled due to ground weather which is usually not a problem at DLR in the summer but can be during other times of the year.

Why Did I Post This Rule?

I find myself posting answers to the same question in different threads, and decided to make a list of “rules” to which I and others can quickly link in the future. In addition, the ideas behind the rule are often posted by others so I do not claim originality for the rule.

Other HydroGuy Rules

HydroGuy's Fireworks Rule: www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34751

HydroGuy's High Season/Off Season Tradeoff Rule: www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34752

HydroGuy's How To Avoid Long Lines Rules: www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34754

HydroGuy's Make Sure You Get On Your Favorite Ride Rule: www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34755

HydroGuy's Hotel Rule: www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34756

Last edited by HydroGuy; 08-18-2006 at 04:00 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: HydroGuy's Fireworks Rule

Definitely makes sense. I myself like to end each day with some kind of fireworks or parade. We will be at Disneyland for 7 nights. I am hoping to be able to see Remember more than once, and Fantasmic, and the Electrical parade at least once each.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Popular Princess

i watch the fireworks every night i'm there! good rule!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Maybe we need a "HydroGuy's Don't Post A Million Other Rules At Once Rule" ?

I kid, but although these tips are good ideas, I think you could have easy condensed all of your rules down to one thread, no?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Maybe we need a "HydroGuy's Don't Post A Million Other Rules At Once Rule" ?

I kid, but although these tips are good ideas, I think you could have easy condensed all of your rules down to one thread, no?
    First, I posted 5 rules and that was all I planned. So no more. For now.

I thought about putting them all into one thread. As I tried to relate in the "Why I Wrote The Rule" section, I wanted to have these around so I could link to them in the future. I thought having them in separate threads would make it easier to link directly to each rule. The other benefit is that people can agree, disagree or comment on each rule individually.

I hope the moderators understand this and do not merge them.

• Shaman of the Whills

Without trying to hijack the thread... but what's the best spot in the park to see the 'Remember' fireworks? Right in front of the castle?

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by Alestro Bakai
    Without trying to hijack the thread... but what's the best spot in the park to see the 'Remember' fireworks? Right in front of the castle?
    There are many opinions on this one. Most agree that Remember is best experienced from the hub or on Main Street towards the hub.

I have only seen it twice, both times in the hub. If you see it in the hub the most important thing is to have an unobstructed view of the castle.

The places I saw it can be best described by envisioning the hub as a clock with the castle at 12:00. When I saw it in 2005 we were at about the 7:30 position, which was in front of Coke Corner and towards the Adventureland entrance but not all the way there. A few weeks ago I saw it at the 9:00 position, directly across from the Frontierland entrance.

It seemed to me that when we were a closer to the castle a few weeks ago it was a bit harder to see the fireworks behind the castle. I actually preferred the spot we were at in 2005 at the 7:30 position and a little further away. Since I have never seen the fireworks from right in front of the castle I cannot speak to that, but I have a hard time seeing how people in that spot could see the fireworks very well. I would not want to get that close. Others who have actually watched Remember from that spot could of course give a better account.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

bah make it one thread..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• SimplyMad about SimplyMad

HydroGuy's Fireworks Rule! - Dude, I thought you were going to tell us that you had fireworks and that they were really good!

Thanks HydroGuy! I've been a little concerned with all the reports of cancellations that we might run into a string of them while we're out in California. Guess we'll try for this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The fireworks are one of the main reasons we're coming to Disneyland.