Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The one, the only...

What could be added for Halloween?

I know that many people love fall and especially the Halloween theme. This year Disneyland is celebrating it more than any year before.

I just wanted to know what show, event, addition, decorations, or whatever you would like to be added to Disneyland to make the season even more special.

My suggestion is the HAUNTED RIVERBOAT CRUISE! This might best be a night change for the Mark Twain. I would have special music for the Mark Twain and decorations. On the cruise route there would be live MC's in costumes who would "appear" alone the Rivers of America. I think the headless horseman could appear. Also some ghosts from the Civil War. Also I think a long dead Indian Chief spirit could manifest himself. Maybe a dead settler family. I think it would be spooky and different than any Halloween events going on in town.

What are your ideas or suggestions?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Re: What could be added for Halloween?

That's a pretty cool idea. Disneyland should adapt more Halloween things into park. But in ways they'd be into a bind between holidays, but still I think the Haunted Mark Twain Steamboat is great idea.

Maybe encorporate this Haunted Mark Twain but into a show and combine it with a subplot that connects with the Haunted Mansion into a nightime show. The story could go that one of the 999 ghosts live in the Haunted Mansion got away and returned to his last occupation, which was a river boat captain and something along those lines, and he brings back the souls of somebody else to seek reveng or so. and the hero would be.... But having fog and mist at one end of the river and this "deceript" Steamboat come out of it would pretty neat.

• The one, the only...

The fog and mist idea is great! It would add a lot of atmosphere and mood. I think that there are a lot of great ideas out there. I am anxious to here them.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Head Salesman

All Disney characters should either be a villain or wearing a Halloween "costume."
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Minion FOREVER!

That would be cool!

While we're at it, why not include the undead pirates from PotC! And put them
    on the Columbia done up to be Captain Barbosa's ship!

• Disney for life!~

Its a small world covered in purple lights would be cool.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

The easiest, and perhaps the most practical idea: a Halloween fireworks spectacular. And a Halloween parade.

The Haunted Riverboat idea would be good - especially since Fantasmic! will be on a reduced schedule since it's the off-season so they could redress the Riverboat on off-nights.

Also, maybe some themed Halloween decor throughout more lands than just Main Street and Frontierland. Critter Country, New Orleans Square, Fantasyland, and Toon Town can all get appropriately-themedd Halloween decor.

I hope we see some stuff like this instead of simply just Main Street and Frontierland decor like what was announced.

Also, how about re-dressing the castle with some cobwebs and tattered banners? They'd have to be fancy weather-resistant cobwebs, but it could be cool. And creepy lighting at night.

Maybe I'm going a little overboard with the re-decorating, but I mean, what's the point of only some Main Street and Frontierland decorations only? Sounds kind of weak to me. If they're going to do this, they really ought to do this!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

How about Eddie Murphy as a Steamboat captain, giving a spiel something like..."...there's the Haunted Manison I sunk a couple years ago..."...then have the Mark Twain go into a loop...
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Rally Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    All Disney characters should either be a villain or wearing a Halloween "costume."
    YES!!! Villans Villains Villains - everybody should be out most of the month, expecially the rare guys and gals. Malicifent, Stromboli, Big Bad Wold, Radcliffe, Shan-Yu, Jafar, Yzma, Smee, Hamsterevl and more! More! More!
    a friend of Walt.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

A Villain's parade would be awesome!

I remember from the past: Riding the Columbia and seeing every AA along the river banks covered with a white sheet with eye-holes, transformed into ghosts! They also did a little on-going show at the castle with some lighting tricks. It was made to look old and all covered in vines and then switched to it's full glory. I think Maleficent was involved in that...anyone remember?
    A signature should go here.

• i love disney

Cool Re: What could be added for Halloween?

well i think that they should offer a jack-o-lantern chair to buy for your room.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

POTC "Cursed pirates" overlay! haha or not ahh!!!! dont hurt me for making this suggestion! *cowwers in fear* haha but i do LOVE the haunted riverbot idea and the mist on ROA. OR cursed pirates on the Columbia

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP.
    A Villain's parade would be awesome!

I remember from the past: Riding the Columbia and seeing every AA along the river banks covered with a white sheet with eye-holes, transformed into ghosts! They also did a little on-going show at the castle with some lighting tricks. It was made to look old and all covered in vines and then switched to it's full glory. I think Maleficent was involved in that...anyone remember?
    Yeah, that was from a few years ago when Mickey's Halloween Treat was a Passholder only occurance at DL. They flooded the ROA with dry ice, made the AA's along the route "ghosts", had phatoms running around the upper stories of Frontierland, and had the castle overtaken by projected vines every hour.

I would love to see a fireworks show/parade with the Witch from snow White zooming around on the Tinkerbell track. I think the parade would be cool if they had floats for major villians, horrific attractions (pirates, HM) and it would awesome if they had either the first float or last float be Jack Skellington as the grandmarshal for Halloween.

I'd also love to see a permanent mass of black vines around the castle for October. Durring all of Oct, the villians rule the rides.

• Premium Youngling and

Just place about 1500 fog machines all over the park running constantly to the point where no one can see and then you can let all the villans out. Nighttime lighting will add to this effect. I love the Mark Twain idea, making the river all foggy. I remember once I watched the fireworks from the Fantasmic viewing are. During the HM scene, they cast a ghostly fog over the river which drifted over the crowd and made for a really eerie feeling (very very cool). I hope they make a fireworks show and parade just for villans. IM SO EXCITED FOR HALLOWEEN!

• Rally Time!

if you want something truly evil, close the entire park for refurb.

except for Innoventions.

same at DCA, close the entire park for refurb.

except for Golden Dreams.
    a friend of Walt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast