WOO HOO, We're going to DL!! Need help.

OK, My wife called me at work today and said she didn't want to wait until early March to make our next trek to DLR (which is what we had been planning for the last year or so). She wants to move it up to the week AFTER Thanksgiving. I'm really jazzed. I need the break from work and what a better way to do it? To top it off we are going to stay at the Grand Californian. We plan on staying for almost a week and it's nearly $1000.00 cheaper than if we stayed with our original March plans.

I need some pointers though. We've never been to DLR at that time of the year. Will the Christmas decorations be up? Will HM still have the NBC overlay? How are the crowds traditionally during this week? Are there any special events geared toward the holiday season that early? We're even thinking about spending a day at Knott's. Is that a good idea or no?

In general, what should we look for and also avoid during our stay?

YAY!!! I'm going to Disneyland!!!!
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• The one, the only...

Re: WOO HOO, We're going to DL!! Need help.

Yes, the Christmas decorations will be up. And Yes, the Halloween/Christmas overlay for the HM will also be running.

Congratulations! I know that you will have a great time. The weather should be perfect.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

wo hoo yeah, go to knotts, we love that park to!! and I am thrilled you are going early, the christmas decorations I hear are awsome. your a lucky boy!

• decorating

Hello, Disney christmas present shopping.
    Christmas is the best most romantic pretties and everything else time to go to Disneyland...

• LoisAlene

Christmastime at Disney, you lucky people! Knotts was great fun too, but IMO Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner is kind of overrated. Don't forget to ride Xcellerator!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Man O Lantern

We're going the same week, JF!

I think everyone answered your questions....but I've been this same week before and it was awesome.

In the past (pre-50th celebration), there's been a lull between Thanksgiving weekend and the Candlelight Procession weekend. I've gone twice during that lull, and you get it all--the holiday decorations, the attractions are all going, but the crowds are light(ish).

We're also considering a day at Knott's or Universal...the kids have never been to either one!

• Wished I lived closer....

We go that week too, my daughter doesn't know we are going yet. It is a birthday surprise( birthday is the 28th) and she will find out 1 1/2 days before we leave. I love all the decorations in the park.

Thanks to everyone for the great input. BUT, what about the fireworks and/or Fantasmic? Will they be limited to the weekends by the end of November? We are spending Thanksgiving with my mother in the central valley before heading on to DLR. I want to make sure we have an opportunity to see at least one of the two. Thanks guys.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

The week after Thanksgiving this year??? Hey Ride Warrior, KC, maybe RadioBarry, me and some others will be going then too!! If you are there on the weekend of the 2nd/3rd maybe we will see you!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• All you need is LOVE

Congrats sooner trip how lucky are you.

• Banned User

I wish I was going to DL too, but I am stuck at WDW this weekend. But *joy*... I will be at DLP on the 22nd, and TDR on the 26th. Anyone around those parts of the World willing to meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    Christmastime at Disney, you lucky people! Knotts was great fun too, but IMO Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner is kind of overrated. Don't forget to ride Xcellerator!
    Yeah, Xcellerator is good for revisiting Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner...

"They's two B's in basketball!"

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda
    The week after Thanksgiving this year??? Hey Ride Warrior, KC, maybe RadioBarry, me and some others will be going then too!! If you are there on the weekend of the 2nd/3rd maybe we will see you!
    Yes, this year. That's why we're so excited. Just like that our wait time was shortened by 3 months. I have no doubt there will be MC-ers lurking about and I do plan on keeping my eyes open.
    Last edited by JangoFett; 08-19-2006 at 07:22 AM.

• Senior Minion

Congrats Jango, hope you plans go well in the coming weeks.How exciting for you and your family.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I know it's 3 months out but are there any meets already scheduled or bring considered for that week?