View Poll Results: Society For the Creative Dismantling of Innoventions - Options

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sneak a group of wayward teens from Magic Mountain inside every night...and let them run free.

11 13.25%
  • Convince an angry mob of Democrats that President Bush is in the building for a speaking engagement.

4 4.82%
  • Convince an angry mob of Republicans that the Dixie Chicks are there to give a concert.

5 6.02%
  • Fill the place up with dogs and cats, give them tons of food and water...and let nature take course.

5 6.02%
  • Fill it up with unread guest comments and complaints, until the building collapses under the stress.

8 9.64%
  • Blow the place to Kingdom Come first opportunity, when nobody's there.

11 13.25%
  • Pay the Disneyland Fire Dept. off to flood it out.

4 4.82%
  • All the above.

31 37.35%
  • Keep Innoventions. I LOVE IT!!!

8 9.64%
  • Other

13 15.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Society For the Creative Dismantaling of Innoventions

Perhaps, there isn't any one Disney attraction quite like Innoventions - that brings people together in a shared feeling of disappointment, hate and disgust. My suggestion is that we harness that negative energy, and devise a plan for ridding ourselves of this albatross. We cannot afford to take the matter lightly any longer.

For this reason, I am founding the Society For the Creative Dismantling of Innoventions - SFCDI. Innoventions has been a pain in our collective side for years, at both Disneyland and WDW. If we tap in to our brain trust as a team, who knows what we might come up with.

In this thread, we shall begin by taking a poll. Please feel free to post your ideas and solutions. There's not enough room at Disneyland or at EPCOT for a miserable attraction letdown like this. We need a plan of action. It's time to get serious.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-19-2006 at 01:11 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Society For the Creative Dismantaling of Innoventions

Ok basically Innoventions is the worst attraction put in at DL right next to HISTO. It needs to be taken out sooooo badly. Maybe something that is actually interesting or fun? When I went to Epcot last year, I couldnt believe that Innoventions wasnt ripped out YEARS before. It is so out dated. There wasnt one futuristic thing in that whole building. They had this stupid sledge hammer being picked up and swung against a TV to see how many hits the TV could take which is totally futuristic and interesting. (note extreme sarcasm) Does anybody know what Im talking about? It needs to put out of its misery in both parks.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

I may be in the minority, but I actualy like innoventions. i found out my BMI, played DDR and got to touch an LCD and make fish change sizes!! I don't know why so many people hate innoventions!?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1
    Ok basically Innoventions is the worst attraction put in at DL right next to HISTO. It needs to be taken out sooooo badly. Maybe something that is actually interesting or fun? When I went to Epcot last year, I couldnt believe that Innoventions wasnt ripped out YEARS before. It is so out dated. There wasnt one futuristic thing in that whole building. They had this stupid sledge hammer being picked up and swung against a TV to see how many hits the TV could take which is totally futuristic and interesting. (note extreme sarcasm) Does anybody know what Im talking about? It needs to put out of its misery in both parks.
    the sledge hammer park was the UL listing How it pass their test to get the stamps.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• I'm not really here

I liked Innoventions before it became a DDR and VMK arcade.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1
    Welcome to our Society, Abominable. We know exactly what your venting about. We damn well aim to do something about it, too! Together, we shall work tirelessly until the outdated, non-futuristic and lame Innoventions goes DOWN in both parks!

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Welcome to our Society, Abominable. We know exactly what your venting about. We damn well aim to do something about it, too! Together, we shall work tirelessly until the outdated, non-futuristic and lame Innoventions goes DOWN in both parks!
    Sounds great! Know anybody in the Disney Fire Department?

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Must it be blown up when no one's there? It's my favorite option, but if that's how it's gonna go down, I wanna be there!
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

nice poll RW. I voted to put dogs and cats in there and let nature take it's course. They would have to get rid of it that way, paying off the fire department to flood it would be too easy. Make it disgusting . SFCDI

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by pjdonnell
    Must it be blown up when no one's there? It's my favorite option, but if that's how it's gonna go down, I wanna be there!
    Good point, pjdonnel. If we blow it up, it would take place in front of an exciceted crowd that is jumping up and down while cheering. This would send a clear signal to Disney honchos to never pawn off a worthless attraction like this on us ever again.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-19-2006 at 10:38 AM.

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Good point, pjdonnel. If we blow it up, it real take place in front of an ov exciceted crowd that is jumping up and down and cheering. This would send a clear signal to Disney honchos to never pawn off a worthless attraction like this on us ever again.
    Well, here's what I'm thinking: Dedicated seating at Tomorrowland Terrace, maybe some granstrand seating set up around the building. A full orchestra begins to play Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. Disney can easily set a fireworks program to this, right? So as fireworks rip overhead, the cannons which are a part of the overture take dead aim at the Innoventions building and demolish it in time with the music, too!

Remember, nothing says "spectacle" like some really big 'splosions!
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i'd pay to see that

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu
    I may be in the minority, but I actualy like innoventions. i found out my BMI, played DDR and got to touch an LCD and make fish change sizes!! I don't know why so many people hate innoventions!?

Probably because there is nothing "innovative" about it. It's a glorified Best Buy or Circuit City. By the time these people stick something out on the floor, it's been out for months and Disney most likely is pocketing some CASH to market it!

It sucks, sucks,SUCKS!

The ONLY redeeming characteristic of this space wasting debacle is the fact that it's airconditioned and it's one of the best places in the park to catch 40 winks.

Thant being said, PUT IN A REAL ATTRACTION!

HELLO?

IS THIS THING ON?

*taps monitor*

Disney brass? Are you out there?

It's nearly unanimous....

INNOVATIONS SUCKS! PLEEEEEASE TAKE IT DOWN AND PUT SOMETHING WORTHY OF DISNEYLAND IN IT'S PLACE!!!

Blood pressure is up again....I should probably cut down on salt....

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by pjdonnell
    Well, here's what I'm thinking: Dedicated seating at Tomorrowland Terrace, maybe some granstrand seating set up around the building. A full orchestra begins to play Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. Disney can easily set a fireworks program to this, right? So as fireworks rip overhead, the cannons which are a part of the overture take dead aim at the Innoventions building and demolish it in time with the music, too!

Remember, nothing says "spectacle" like some really big 'splosions!
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding We have a winner! We will call the celebration BLAMtasmic! The syncronized overture would be a nice touch.

• debating what to put here

I don't want to see it torn down, just gutted. I agree that it needs to house an attraction, not a marketing display.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast