Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

Mini 8/19 Face Character Audition Report

GAH! I screwed up again! DOH! >_<;;;

So I went and lined up at for the face character auditions at 8:00 am. There were about 500 people there. I was number 349. They brought people in in groups of 50. Lined everybody up in 10's. Looked us over and then they'd call out the numbers they wanted to keep. It was pretty high school yet again. Most of the people seemed to know each other or be in college. This one girl was working Electrical Parade and since it's ending soon, looking to go elsewhere.

So I didn't get to the line up til around 9:40 am. I was also in the 5th row of a group so I had to wait through 4 call outs before my row came about.

They got to my row and they looked us over. Suddenly they start discussing amongst themselves a lot more than in previous times. After a minute or two, the one who was talking to people looked up and goes "349, do you have any acting experience?" I quickly replied "Yes, I do." Then she asks "How tall are you?" Being the overly self-conscious person I am (which has been made worse by this week) I stumbled and said "Between 5'11'' and... well... 5'11'' and a half"... I know I'm at least 6'0''... why did it hurt to say it??? So yea, then numbers were called out and I wasn't one of them.

They obviously had me in mind for something. I was the only one out of 50 they asked about acting experience... I just probably screwed it up by stumbling and being too self-conscious. Now I'm dying to know what it is they had in mind... It's ok though, I really didn't expect to make the cut. I actually almost didn't go this morning cause I was a bit sick. Plus there's always next time and I can measure myself beforehand so I can say it with confidence since I didn't actually expect them to ask. Oh, and there might be a voiceover spot headed my way *crosses fingers*
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Banned User

Re: Mini 8/19 Face Character Audition Report

Aww I'm sorry you didn't make it but feel proud that you went and tried!

• Banned User

what were you auditioning for? was it a "general looking for any carecters? how often do they do these? sorry you were not picked,maybe next time you will get a part

• Man of Logic and Reason

Sadako, the exact same thing happened to me today, except I was number 123. They asked if I had any acting experience and I had to say no, but then they asked how tall I was (and truthfuly I'm 5'8" without shoes but 5'9" with them on) I said between 5'8" and 5'9". Then they took a long time deliberating and I wasn't called. I was so taken aback that they said anything that I kinda stumbled over myself. I wish I knew what they had in mind for me too. Next time.
    Last edited by Jackdack; 08-19-2006 at 07:51 PM.

• Banned User

Maybe the acting is just a general question. As any face character acting would be a plus I'd assume.

Did they mention how much they pay for face characters? I was tempted to go, but I went to a parade casting call once and they only pay minimum wage. Just curious if they pay the face characters more.

• Man of Logic and Reason

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    Maybe the acting is just a general question. As any face character acting would be a plus I'd assume.
    They didn't ask everyone. No one in front of me was asked anything.

• Creative Director

So how many of the 500 did they actually end up taking in, to at least the next step of the audition?

• ...TWO BITS!

My cousin was trying out for Mulan. They said she was 1/4" too short, so she didn't get it. My guess, they're VERY picky.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    My cousin was trying out for Mulan. They said she was 1/4" too short, so she didn't get it. My guess, they're VERY picky.
    1/4"?? That is too picky!

Sadako, I'm sorry you didn't get picked. Next time. At least you tried!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by ClubDisCM
    Did they mention how much they pay for face characters? I was tempted to go, but I went to a parade casting call once and they only pay minimum wage. Just curious if they pay the face characters more.

Parades get paid ALOT less than face characters.
    "Excuse me sir, is tomorrowland scary?"

From your observations... were the girls that went on to the next level absolutely drop-dead gorgeous?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by anilorak
    From your observations... were the girls that went on to the next level absolutely drop-dead gorgeous?
    I would think that those they choose are always beautiful. I have not seen an ugly face character yet.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by anilorak
    Well obviously not or we would all be congratulating Sadako...

Sadako:

If you had the choice, who do you think you would be a good face character for? (based on the ones roaming the park)
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast