I remember looking at pictures of last year's event and was wondering why so little was actually done. Here are some of my ideas from the top of my head.
1. Hook's Pirate Barges: The GRR is spruced up with pirate props, fog is added to the caves, live pirates jump out at guests, and the stern of a shipwrecked ship is placed utop the Bear with it's Jolly Rodger flying.
2. Alien Ecounter: Soarin' is spruced up with a sci-fi theme and a new film is created where you are abducted by the aliens in the film Chicken Little. You encounter other space crafts as well as alien worlds. If Chicken Little causes too much outrage, the same idea could be done with Zurg.
3. Malificent's Revenge: California Screamin' is lit with dark purple lights and the tunnels are replaced with black fabric. The first tunnel has Malificent head (in dragon form) open wide with red fog spilling from the tunnel. Black vines could even be added to the structures.
4. Cruella's Crazed Car Coaster: Muholland Madness gets a makeover with facades that have Cruelle De'Ville in her ride with working headlights. Sound effects are added such as car horns and screeching tires to liven up the ride.
5. Oogie Boogie's Villian Revue: The Hyperion Theatre presents a musical revue featuring original songs from Disney Villians. The sidekicks sing a song together (the eels, Pain and Panic, trolls from Sleeping Beauty, etc), the femme fatales of Disney sing together (Cruella, Malificent, Evil Queen), Ursula could have a lounge number, the men (Gaston, Hook, Hades)... Just a bunch of fun songs from the other side.
Then there can also be a variety of mazes available:
1. Slaughter Studios: Millionare building or Hollywood and Dine is made over like a film studio from the 30's with phantasm starlets, ghastly directors, and crazed camera men. Beware edditor, he might just cut you out of the picture.
2. Trail of Terror: Wilderness trail lays host to the legendary monsters of the forest such as vampires, werewolves, and bigfoot.
3. Grasshopper Gultch: The tractors are removed from the area in front of Flicks Fun Fair to make way for a maze themed around giant spiders, hornets, and of course Hopper himself.
I also thought it would be cool to redo the giant orange as a giant Jack'o'lantern for this time of year.
Let me know what you like, what you don't, and what ideas you have.