• Minion

Thank you Pluto!!

Yesterday, Pluto came to the graduation of organization I raise service pups for and presented the training center with a $50,000 donation (the cast recyclables from backstage for the last 3 months). Thank you Pluto and all the cast members who help! http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006..._058_19_06.txt
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• old skooler

Re: Thank you Pluto!!

thats kool

• Don't mess with the duck!

Wow, that's great! $50k in 3 months of recycling, WOW.

• Disneyland Cast Member

Yup, I drink a lot of Diet Coke for those Pups. I even bring my empty cans and bottles from home and drop them off at the BCML breakroom.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd
    Yup, I drink a lot of Diet Coke for those Pups. I even bring my empty cans and bottles from home and drop them off at the BCML breakroom.
    Thank you! It helps the organization tremendously. Each dog is valued at $30,000, with an out of cost pocket of about $15,000 by the time they graduate with a handler. The graduate is given the dog at no cost (well, they "pay" $100, but they are given close to $200 in supplies and provided housing and food for the 2 weeks of team training.) With an average of 200 graduates a year nationwide, that $50,000 is a tremendous help to the organization. If you ever see us in the park, stop us and say hi. We love meeting people who help out! (Well, a lot of us puppy raisers visit, but any of us would love to say hi! We love showing off our pups.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• no flash photography...

thats awesome. i love the service dogs. Although I ahve been told not to pet them...so I don't even ask if I ca, because I figure the question gets old. One time when i was a srver someone brought a puppy service dog in trainig in to eat. It was close to closing and they let me pet him....that was the sweetedt dog...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    thats awesome. i love the service dogs. Although I ahve been told not to pet them...so I don't even ask if I ca, because I figure the question gets old. One time when i was a srver someone brought a puppy service dog in trainig in to eat. It was close to closing and they let me pet him....that was the sweetedt dog...
    Most of us raisers will allow you to pet if you ask first. If we are having an issue with the dog, or he/she is stressing, we may have to say no. An example is Disneyland. If I am standing and waiting for a ride, and you ask, we have no problems saying "Sure, as long as he stays in his sit." But if I am walking thru the crowd in NOS, I would probably say "Not right now." If I stopped for everyone who asked, I would never make it to the next place!