Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Lincoln coming back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    Or how about keep the 50th show in the Opera House; remove HISTA and bring Lincoln into that theatre so he can tell us about how as a young and budding Space Ranger he saved the Ewoks from extinction.

• Unhelpful User

Did they actually remove Lincoln? It seems like he could still be sitting behind the curtain during the 50th show.

• Do you think I'm... odd?

Quote Originally Posted by disneythug
    i think when they bring it back they need a new version maybe story line and show staring mr.lincoln and maybe a guess star could be mr.disney him self
    Just a note from the Disney nerd in me... It wouldn't be "Mr. Disney" just because one of the reasons everyone in the park is on a first name basis is because Walt hated being called Mr. Disney. If he was still alive, he'd probably be insisting everyone call him by his first name. Even Robert Iger is "Bob" when he comes down into the park. There are only two "Mr's" in the park, Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Toad. ^_^
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

Quote Originally Posted by The International
    Did they actually remove Lincoln? It seems like he could still be sitting behind the curtain during the 50th show.
    There's actually a vault below the stage he's lowered into.

But hey, how about an AA of John Wilkes Booth shooting Lincoln during the speech! And they could have squirting hydraulic fluid squirting everywhere...then Steve Martin and Donald Duck could throw him on a stretcher and race him to the Nurses' Station.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRedAngel
    Just a note from the Disney nerd in me... It wouldn't be "Mr. Disney" just because one of the reasons everyone in the park is on a first name basis is because Walt hated being called Mr. Disney. If he was still alive, he'd probably be insisting everyone call him by his first name. Even Robert Iger is "Bob" when he comes down into the park. There are only two "Mr's" in the park, Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Toad. ^_^
    We all know that Disneyland is powered by the revolutions Walt is
    generating, spinning in his grave.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Or how about keep the 50th show in the Opera House; remove HISTA and bring Lincoln into that theatre so he can tell us about how as a young and budding Space Ranger he saved the Ewoks from extinction.
    Saving Ewoks? Mr Lincoln just lost some reputation with me.

• Hooterville, USA

I would want them to keep the 50th show too. Put Lincoln in Innoventions where he belongs.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

The right thing would have been to use both the exit and entrance lobby for the attraction.

First of all, something needs to be done to bring back Walt's orignal office which WDW borrowed and never returned (don't you just hate stupid neighbors that do not return things they borrow). then the model of Disneyland and the 50th stuff should have been relocated to the exit looby of the attraction.

Its a shame that now we have a large hat shop taking over that space as if there isn't more empty shops around the park to sell hats.

better yet why not keep Lincoln in his chair and have the country bears behind him playing music.

kidding aside though if they considered removing Lincoln that building would be perfect for the return of the country bears. Just dress them up to be more patriotic to fit mainstreet. At least i think its better then what they planned on doing some years back before DCA opened. They thought about adding the "Muppet 3d" show in there since it had that patriotic eagle in it.

Lets see MUPPETS ------ BEARS
    Muppets ------BEARS

i say Bears!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

You guys are hysterical.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    I would want them to keep the 50th show too. Put Lincoln in Innoventions where he belongs.
    The exhibit portion of the attractoin is great, but the movie is a little stale now, and with the 50th references, the film is going to grow old, FAST once the 50th officially draws to a close.

If we could somehow get the 50th references out, I'd be all for it, but since Steve Martin specifically mentions the 50th a couple, if not a few times, the film needs to go.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

there is alot for them to consider in bringing this attraction back in that they probably do need to do something with it but it is pretty tough to create somethign that would stay popular for a decent length of time

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Bear
    But hey, how about an AA of John Wilkes Booth shooting Lincoln during the speech! And they could have squirting hydraulic fluid squirting everywhere...then Steve Martin and Donald Duck could throw him on a stretcher and race him to the Nurses' Station.
    "But, other than that, how was the show, Mrs. Lincoln?"
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• old skooler

maybe another historical icon could have his own show there maybe mark twain or thomas edison

• Banned User

I would really love to see that whole back stage area and the Lincoln theater turned into Liberty SQUARE!! Lets take some of Walts ideas and bring them back into the parks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast