Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Lincoln coming back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Flint
    "But, other than that, how was the show, Mrs. Lincoln?"
    Spoken like a true, current cast member... if you can catch one...
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Why don't they put Lincoln in Frontierland where he really belongs? I mean he was alive during that era in time. Plus Frontierland easily blends in with New Orleans Square and Critter Country.

New Orleans Square is based on the time where Cotton Plantations were big, which happened during Lincolns time. And Critter Country, Specifically Splash Mountain, is based on the Civil War era.

So it would make sense to put Lincoln in one of those themed areas. I say put him in the Golden Horseshoe.

• Silly Bird?

Okay, I love this idea...
    Lincoln returns as the climactic finale of a grand Disneyland reunion. Country Bears make up the house band, they play the Oppenbach number from the original Tiki show as guests enter into the theater. Running the theater will be all the men from Carrousel of progress. During the show several of the numbers from America Sings will be heard, but no AA's will be there to sing the songs because they have all been split up in the great America Sings Diaspora (3D historical retrospective of the feud between the animals from theater 1 and 3 cued here). A tipi appears onstage and an animatronic leg emerges from the small front opening to dance the can-can to the old Golden Horseshoe Revue, but then as the music starts to really get going the whole tipi door opens to reveal Mr. Lincoln, who sings his illustrious collection of speech fragments to the tune of "Its a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" while the newly retired pop-up ghosts from the haunted mansion hop up and down and the old eagle in the clouds appears over the plastic house of the future. I am telling you, it would be a sassy, brassy, musical hum-dinger!

But seriously, you all seem to be a very dedicated group. Lets be honest though, before the "Gettysburg" version, how many of you all remember the last time you went to Lincoln? I went every weekly visit I made during the summer of 2000 and I didn't even really like the show.

If they DO reopen it, you all better see it at least once EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU VISIT NO MATTER HOW LONG OR SHORT THAT VISIT IS!!!
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

They're adding a loop.

• debating what to put here

I suppose "Great Moments with Mr. Clinton" is out of the question?

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

They're going to replace the attraction with one based on the latest Pixar film.

• Silly Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    They're going to replace the attraction with one based on the latest Pixar film.
    Finding Mr. Lincoln, Great Moments, Inc., A Lincoln's life, Lincoln Story (2), Lincolns (New for this year).
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

leave lincoln out of this, Steve Martin is great although Donald is a stretch. I really do not want Lincoln back, but the hall of Presidents(minus Bush, hehe) would be ok.

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Mission Seagull View Post
    Finding Mr. Lincoln, Great Moments, Inc., A Lincoln's life, Lincoln Story (2), Lincolns (New for this year).
    Actually there will be a new Lincoln AA added to POTC when its refurbed for the 2007 premiere (the buzz is: Lincoln, played by Mel Gibson in a career transforming performance, saves Capt. Jack Sparrow from the klutches of the evil kraaken). Hey, why not. They brought back Barbosa.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• The one, the only...

I would much rather have a "history of Disneyland" presentation than just Lincoln return. I think a whole new show on the history of Disneyland could be even more fun than the 50th movie was. I just would want some improvements.

I believe that an animatronic should host a multi-screen presentation of the beginnings of the park, the rides that came and went, past great moments, and even the highlights of the 50th celebration. I think Lincoln could be there too, but only as a brief example of what the technology was in Walt's day. I would also like the show to talk about FUTURE dreams. Things that are on the drawing boards for future attractions or modifications.

I think audience participation should also be a part of it. Maybe vote on future rides. Maybe vote on most missed attractions. Maybe vote on new themes for restaurants. Disney could use it as a glorified marketing research, but it still could be fun for the guests at the same time.

I think that Disney has to think creatively about how to use the opera house.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Animatronic

Maybe when they return Lincoln, they could also return the great historical documents Walt had collected. It was great to see Lincoln's own writting in the huge exit lobby/museum. Of course they'd have to shrink back up that silly hat store.

• Santa Barbara, CA

there was a plan in the 90s to put lincoln in the golden horseshoe. i thought it was a good idea.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Why don't they put Lincoln in Frontierland where he really belongs? I mean he was alive during that era in time. Plus Frontierland easily blends in with New Orleans Square and Critter Country.
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    I would much rather have a "history of Disneyland" presentation than just Lincoln return. I think a whole new show on the history of Disneyland could be even more fun than the 50th movie was. I just would want some improvements.

I believe that an animatronic should host a multi-screen presentation of the beginnings of the park, the rides that came and went, past great moments, and even the highlights of the 50th celebration. I think Lincoln could be there too, but only as a brief example of what the technology was in Walt's day. I would also like the show to talk about FUTURE dreams. Things that are on the drawing boards for future attractions or modifications.

I think audience participation should also be a part of it. Maybe vote on future rides. Maybe vote on most missed attractions. Maybe vote on new themes for restaurants. Disney could use it as a glorified marketing research, but it still could be fun for the guests at the same time.

I think that Disney has to think creatively about how to use the opera house.
    This sounds great!! How about instead of Lincoln taking up the WHOLE GH, why doesn't he stay in the back. When it's show time, the curtains rise and he does his thing. Then the other times, a real live stage show still plays on the main stage while Lincoln stays behind the curtain in the back?? This could be presented half way between the live show ending and beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They thought about adding the "Muppet 3d" show in [Opera House] since it had that patriotic eagle in it.
    I remember that, I consider it one of the worst ideas I've heard for a Disney park.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 08-26-2006 at 09:04 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• It's a dead man's party!

Does anyone know if there are any plans to release the special on DVD once they remove it from the theater?
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I dont get it, they'd just bring him back, and it would get no numbers....

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast