Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Code Ashing -Dropping Loved Ones Ashes ---- Say WHAT!

Recently I read the Sedako's thred about theft in the Haunted mansion and someone mentioned that it could be someone spreding the ashes of their loved ones on the ride.

I assume this is frowned upon.

Recently my wife asked me where would I want my ashes inturred and I quicked quipped back, "Drop em into the Jungle Cruise or better yet, wait for a light moment on Tarzan's Treehouse and "let my freak flag fly".

I had no idea this had been actually done and was only joking!

Does this happen?

And on a more terrible note... (I know, whats more terrible that being the next boat to pass through "Aunt Gertie" on It's a small world.) but what if someone wanted to drop toxic things in the water rides. You know what I mean, but I won't mention them here.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

I will end this post with the Top 10 Worst Rides to Free your loved ones' ashes.

10. Dumbo.

It would leave smoke trail like your Dumbo was shot down. And the folks behind you may be a little poopy too.

9. Innovations.

No one would (a) care, (b) notice and if you ever bragged about it, people would just smile and nod and then ignore you.

8. Any Main Street Horse Drawn Carriage.

Those horses are liable to eat anything and your loved one will be recycled in ways unthought of before.

7. No Churro Stands Please!!

"Thats not extra cinnamon!"

6. Indiana Jones and The Temple of teh Forbidden Eye

Too bumby. Your will make your own car and passengers look like Tom Cruise in War Of The Worlds. (No, not jumping off a couch, being covered in ashes...sheesh...keep up)

5. Pirates of the Caribean

At the rate this ride is breaking down, your little deposit may be the reason its closed for weeks. In fact, don;t even breath when you are on that ride... the less jossleing the better.

4. The Little Mermaid Autograph clamshell.

You want to see a Mermaid pissed in 1 second. Of course, you could just tell her it's seasoning and bredding for a new recipe: "Ariel a'la Uncle Melvin."

3. Anywhere near security.

What starts with "A" and rythems with "nthrax"... yeah... bad spot.

2. Rivers of America

You seen that water?

... and the number one place to drop ashes in Disneyland is:

1. Winnie The Pooh

Here you are guarenteed years of undisturbed reverence as no one rides this thing anyways but your dust will mix with pooh dust and I am not sure that is what you wanted.
    Last edited by Beatle_johnny; 08-22-2006 at 03:52 PM.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Re: Code Ashing -Dropping Loved Ones Ashes ---- Say WHAT!

OH OH -- I just thought of another..... They coudl let everyone do it.... and we will call it: California Adventure.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

The only instance that I've ever heard of was in the haunted manion in WDW. In which case, the remains would be vacumed up and promptly deposited in some Floridian swamp.

I seriously doubt ANYONE would ask to be sprinkled in IASW. In the off chance that your ghost has to hang out around the ashes, what kind of purgatory would THAT be?

For some reason, I don't think these...um...remains are toxic anymore. Aren't they burned at some rediculously high amount of heat?

These are all very funny BeatleJ. The only creepy thought I'm having now is....how do we know that one of your options hasn't already been done? I'm DEFINTITELY keeping my hands inside the vehicle at all times now!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

My sister and I left some of my mom's ashes at DL in March. It was done quietly and discreetly, and yes, on some of the rides you mentioned--plus a few others.

Some of my mothers cremains are also at WDW in Bay Lake, the Seven Seas Lagoon and Lake Buena Vista.

I'm sure we're not the first people ever to do this. I find it a very apropos send off for someone who was a lifelong Disney fan.

• e komo mai

That's where I want to be scattered. Disneyland, baby! But not somewhere where I'm going to be vacuumed up...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim
    My sister and I left some of my mom's ashes at DL in March. It was done quietly and discreetly, and yes, on some of the rides you mentioned--plus a few others.

Some of my mothers cremains are also at WDW in Bay Lake, the Seven Seas Lagoon and Lake Buena Vista.

I'm sure we're not the first people ever to do this. I find it a very apropos send off for someone who was a lifelong Disney fan.
    tee hee....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

My other half and my siblings all have explicit instructions that at least part of my ashes are to be deposited in the gardens of Disneyland, Disney World, and the remainder to go into the ocean. I've threatened serious hauntings if my instructions aren't carried out.

• I'm not really here

There are 7 cemeteries at Disneyland. Could be fun to have ashes sprinkled there. Out of the way, not going to be vaccumed up or anything.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Original Mice-Chatter

I want small amounts of my ashes sprinkled at all the Disney parks in the world. If possible- not on a ride in large amounts- just a pinch....

If not at all the parks- then Disneyland for sure, and maybe a bit at WDW too.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Someone was caught in the act of depositing ashes in the Haunted Mansion (at DL) a few years back and the issue was "addressed" immediately.

I'm sure others here know more about it and will respond with further info.

• Original Mice-Chatter

see, I don't need it in the ride itself- someone could sprinkle a bit in the garden outside and that would be great.

How macabre is this conversastion?

• Hooterville, USA

Sprinkle my ashes in the chili bowl at the Golden Horseshoe. It needs a little spice anyways.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny
    Sedako (whom I will now call "Neil Sedako")
    Huh?
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• It's all nonsense

I can just picture some moron in the front of Big thunder or Space Mountain holding up the open urn while great aunt Millie's ashes flies in everyones faces.

• Mexihick, y'all

^^ Ease up. Google it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast